• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm going southbound baby. from Georgia to Florida and then back to Georgia

Take a look at his map and see how long it takes to upload. . . that was hilarious. It struggled to find his 644 courses real quickly!

Just got back into town (Canton, Ohio) on Wednesday and have a boat load of things to catch up on but (like shoveling 16" of sunshine), I thought I'd write the DGC's my friend Fleetwood and I played for all thoose you we're wondering what DGc's we ended up playing.

name of DGC place of DGC state # of holes My personal ranking of the DGC

Mc Curry Park Fayetteville Ga. 18 8
East Roswell Roswell Ga. 18 9

Steady Ed Memorial Appling Ga. 18 9.5
Patriots Park Grovetown Ga. 18 8.5

Pendleton King Augusta Ga. 18 8
Lake Olmstead Augusta Ga. 18 8

Tom Triplett Pooler Ga. 18 7.5
Eagles Nest Hinesville Ga. 9 3
Gascoingne DGC St. Simons Island Ga. 6 8.5

Tuscawilla Daytona Beach FL. 18 9.5
Holly Hills Holly Hills FL. 9 6
Reed Canal DGC South Daytona FL. 18 7
F. Burton Smith Cocoa FL. 18 7.5

North Watertower Sarasota FL. 18 8
Tocobaga DGC St. Pertersburg FL. 18 7
Cliff Stephens Clearwater FL. 18 9.5

NE Coachman Clearwater FL. 18 7
Greg Paas Memorial Safetey Harbor FL. 8 5
Saint Andrews Links Dunedin FL. 18 7.5
Hammock Dunedin FL. 9 8

Ocala Greenway Ocala FL. 20 8.5
Northside Park Gainesville FL. 18 8.5
Lawtey Links Lawtey FL. 18 9.5

Magnolia DGC Live Oak FL. 18 9
Freedom Park Valdosta GA. 18 7
Herritage Lakes Moultrie GA. 18 3

Claystone Park Macon GA. 18 7.5
J.P. Moseley Stockbridge GA. 18 7.5

28 DGC's played 25 towns/city 2 states 448 holes 7.58 avg. rating 4 DGC's played
10 daze of fun

special thanks 2 my guides Andrew Jenkins, for touring with us @ the Mc Curry and East Roswell DGC's
Jack White, " " Northside/ Lawtey Links
Jeff Kerr, " 4 his hospitality @ his private DGC" @ Lawtey Links
Ray, (played the last couple # @ Steady Ed DGC) 4 his 's input on the DGC in Augusta
Mike, local player @ Tobobaga. Who helped us navigate the difficult DGC in St. Petersburg
Wendy and Jay C. @ the ClearwaterDiscGolfstore.com for all their Aloha
Kenny Hill who used to live in Canton, but moved to Florida and I hadn't seen in 10 yrs. for being on # 2 @ North Watertower DGC in Sarasota at the time we we're on # 1. How Ironic and how cool it was to see you again. and to eveyone you helped us along our travels. And to all who gave me tips before my trip here @ the DGC review. and to Bill and Stacey(former Cantonion's) (our DD's in Atlanta) it was fun partying with ya, until I started spewing greenishblue vomit. But hey. I can say that I was at Woodstock.

Look forward to my next trip, but until then may the course be with you all ---------------- - +

Last edited:
Awesome, you played a fair amount of the courses I recently played. I also enjoyed Gascoigne despite it being 6 holes. It was simply a cool property with those mature trees overhead. Did you have to throw over any cars or boat trailers? I am surprised you didnt think higher of Ocala Greenway however, that is one of my top 10 courses I have played.

The Ocala Greenway DGc was one of the better one's we played on this trip in my opinion just not a great DGC. We loved the idea of playing in the sand as you we're rewarded for a nice shot near the basket as one's disc seemed to always stick near where it hit versus having it roll away on harder surfaces. There was plenty of shade, including some of the benches as some of the benches had roofs on them. But we only played 20 holes of the advertised 24 (and we we're looking for all the holes) as we couldn't find any other "A & B" placements other than on hole # 9. one " next tee sign" had us going in the wrong direction for that hole. And I felt the baskets we're in a soft placement considering the terrain that was present. and we didn't piticularly like the rubber mats (I guess we're spoiled as we're used to cement tees) as not all of them we're level with the ground (errosion underneather the mats caused lumpy conditions on the mats). and not a very BIG parking lot, though the day we we're there you didn't need to have a BIG parking lot. a some holes we're just plain. Considering the terrain that was there, I personally think the DGC could of been laid out more challenging. Good DGC, but it could of been better. IMO

Latest posts