• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm Suzy.

Queen

Bogey Member
Hello, it's nice to know you. Greetings from Charlotte where we have a pretty long history in DG. I'm super new and also excited to be in your ranks, such as they are. I'm not very good at frisbee yet, but I sure am trying. (You may have noticed me lurking around your thread, too.)
:popcorn:
I'm modding a blue Magellan bag. That style of bag is the star of that one infamous thread that just goes on forever.
DIY (sewing, needlework, etc.) is pretty my favorite thing on this planet of earth, so watch that space for a combination bag & mods post. :thmbup:
I'll do my best !!
:hfive:
Traveling is my other favorite *favorite* thing. I hope we can play a round together, eventually. I try to play twice a week and pack about fifteen discs.

There's this this 174g Fury and it's definitely the favorite. Whoever dropped their old Hysteria at PiaS - Thank you for that. For midrange; I lean toward the Buzzz or Cobra. What's your favorite putter? I don't have a favorite yet. I'm just curious.

Happiness is frolfing.

Chat soon !
Suzy

Why didn't I think of that screen name?!?

:D Welcome :)

Welcome! Charlotte's one of the best DG cities around.

Lol! Thanks.

I couldn't believe Queen wasn't taken...
Then I ran some quick statistics on DG in America and realized that for every Barbie, there are 300 Kens.
That explains a lot !!

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your bag mods.. And putters are the best molds in DG. I have tons of favorites and suggest trying as many as you can. They can be so much fun to take to a course and drive/approach/putt with a handful of putters or even a 1 disc round.

:hfive: -ken#187

Lol! Thanks.

I couldn't believe Queen wasn't taken...
Then I ran some quick statistics on DG in America and realized that for every Barbie, there are 300 Kens.
That explains a lot !!

Haha yep and I'm like one of six, maybe seven Gay disc golfers in the country. Haha won't drift too far off topic though... You said you're looking for a putter? Do you know what you like in a putter? Soft plastic, bead, stability, etc. Putters are pretty much personal preference if you ask
me. I like Challengers, Banger GTs, Wizards, Big Bead Aviars in that kinda realm. If you're not sure, try asking people on the course if you can try theirs out for a few putts before you go out and buy a bunch of stuff.

I like Challengers, Banger GTs, Wizards, Big Bead Aviars in that kinda realm. If you're not sure, try asking people on the course if you can try theirs out for a few putts before you go out and buy a bunch of stuff.

I'll have to get braver and talk putters with people IRL.

I've got five (!) at the moment and they're all really different. I like everything that bangs the chains and falls in. The newest one is a BT soft Swan. The Sonic I like is really tall. I don't know if the Aviar I have is the big bead mold. How do you tell?

All of them have something different that makes them special. Stiff, floppy, rubbery, etc. Really thought the Swan would steal the show, but they are all tied with each other. Maybe the pro-d Magnet is the most consistent for me. When the course is sandy, I don't really care for the rubbery ones because I'll miss and they'll get dirty.

I like to practice putting a lot; I'm surprised by how many people just start chucking cold. (Maybe if you are pressed for time or don't want your sixer of Yuengling to get warm ??)

Thank you :D

as far as putters go, I have a stack of them, kept buying them to find that "perfect feel", finally settled on a Yetti Aviar (i guess its considered Big Bead?) mainly use it for putting and that occasional anni line approach, i like to drive and approach more with an, Innova Pig or a Westside Harp ( both OS, great for FHs and hyzers)

but on the bright side, it's never a waste to buy putters, It's great to have a stack of putters to practice with

Hi from Greensboro, NC! If you are ever going to be in town, let me know and you can get out for a round with my friends and I. We have all been playing less than a year but play a ton. Some good courses up this way, though I am jealous of all the great courses that Charlotte seems to have! Check out Another Round Disc Golf if you get the chance. It's the only DG store I've ever been in. They are super nice and have a ton of plastic on hand.

As far as putters go, I started with a Judge which is great and I still use it for longer putts due to its glide but most of my putting these days and all of my in the circle putts are with a Lat 64 Spike. Straight, flat, not glidey at all so it forces me to put some mustard on it instead of floating it in, which has definitely upped my percentage. Depends on your style I guess; Judge is great, a friend of mine throws a Soft Voodoo and loves it, another guy I know swears by Wizards, and one of my friends throws a Hydra (I don't recommend that but he is amazing with it).

Again, welcome, hope to see you around the Triad/Triangle!

as far as putters go, I have a stack of them, kept buying them to find that "perfect feel", finally settled on a Yetti Aviar (i guess its considered Big Bead?)

I see, the edge has a big bead running around the rim, like my Cobra. My Aviar is just regular edge. I understand now. :hfive:

What do you like about it?

Great disc for beginners and slower arms. Then once you gain experience and get to where you can throw faster you can either hyzer flip it to go perfectly straight, put big anhyzer angles on it and it will hold, or throw it nice and flat and get it to fade right the whole time (Right Hand Back Hand - RHBH).

My girlfriend started playing recently and LOVES hers. I also bag one for the other shots mentioned above. (We both have neutron plastic)

Hi Queen, and welcome!

About putters:

This is going to sound boring, but I like Aviars and Wizards... which I think are the two most popular putters out there. I had a Star plastic Aviar that was great for approaches. Just a nice glide. I finally found the Dart, which bumped out the Aviar for glidey approach, which in turn was bumped out by a Foxbat. But the Aviar is still a nice disc.

I like the Wizard, which again has nice glide, but comes in a fantastic array of plastics. I went through several before settling on one in RFF plastic. Very soft plastic. Doesn't skip or roll as much if it lands near the basket. This is very useful on my home course where several baskets are on fairly steep slopes, and long rollaways are common. Also, Gateway, the company that makes Wizards, is in St. Louis, where I live. It also seems like it grabs the chains a bit better than harder plastics.

I have a Discraft Challenger in EliteX, another very soft rubbery disc, virtually identical in grip and stiffness to the RFF Wizard. It's my leave-at-home backup if i ever lose the Wizard, so can't really say how it throws.

I tried the MVP Anode, and just didn't like it. The rolled edge where you grip it just felt too slick, like i couldn't get a secure grip. I accidentally bounced it off a tree and into a lake a few months back, so... solved THAT problem. :D I also got a used Prodigy Pa2 that, I swear, has all the glide of a brick shackled to an anvil, welded to a sherman tank, bolted to a concrete bunker, built inside a mountain. No glide... is what i'm getting at.:D

I just checked a map, and see that you have 'Play It Again Sports' shops in your area. I HIGHLY recommend that you go check them out, and rummage through their used discs. I went through a lot of molds, and tried a lot of stuff out for cheap this way. The Anode I mentioned, i think I got for $4 used, same as the Challenger. It's also where i found the Aviar, Dart, and Foxbat that I use for approach shots. Although I think those were each like $8 used (since they were both in Star plastic)

A great deal of putting is mental as opposed to disc selection. And that which isn't mental is muscle memory. Find one that feels good in your hand, buy 9 more, and practice. Then practice some more. Or do what I did and buy 3 baskets, never to practice ever again :|

Best advice I can give is to do whatever it is that makes you enjoy the game.

Hey Everybody,

I was at Play it Again (Which was awesome!!) and the Polecat caught my eye. I'm a pretty big fan of my fat Sonic. The edge of the Polecat is basically square. I didn't buy it; I bought two drivers instead. ;)

What do you all think about the edge, or, is it all about whatever works?

Glad you liked 'Play It Again Sports'. I don't know how their used disc selection is at the moment. Our local ones went kind of dry as the weather turned colder, but in the summer, they should have a lot of used discs to try out.

For me, everything is about whether or not a disc works.