• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In Paul We Trust

All I know is that they get way more butthurt if I say 'ball golf' than I get when they say 'frolf.'

That's a victory in my book.

I'm not so sure about that. I once endured a 5 minute lecture about why it's called disc golf and not frisbee golf. The crux of the argument was something about how you don't call tissue paper kleenex, which I didn't find very compelling given that I call tissue paper kleenex. I've also occasionally gotten dirty looks when I've slipped up and called a disc a frisbee.

As an aside, why do disc golfers get butthurt while ultimate players don't? I've even heard ultimate players refer to it as ultimate frisbee.

I'm not so sure about that. I once endured a 5 minute lecture about why it's called disc golf and not frisbee golf. The crux of the argument was something about how you don't call tissue paper kleenex, which I didn't find very compelling given that I call tissue paper kleenex. I've also occasionally gotten dirty looks when I've slipped up and called a disc a frisbee.

As an aside, why do disc golfers get butthurt while ultimate players don't? I've even heard ultimate players refer to it as ultimate frisbee.

The only place I've seen the use of "frolf" or "frisbee" being an issue is online. "Ball golf" on the other hand: My friends got into a shouting match with the event coordinator for the 18 hole ball golf course our 9 hole par 3/dg course is a part of. They started out cordial, trying to plead their case for a repeat of a very successful tourney we had on the big course the previous year, and it dissolved into calling them stoners, and reminding them it wasn't "ball golf"and "We play the real sport!".

Haha...bridge burnt.

Every time you say that a huckster looses his PBR.

Well shoot. I certainly wouldn't want to ever deprive anyone of a cold beer on the course or anywhere else.

Still, I am old. I throw Frisbees. I play frolf. Frisbee golf. Disc golf. Whatever you want to call it.

Who reads any of that trash on that blog? I skimmed over a bunch of the titles, and tried to read a couple of them. Complete garbage. I hope he convinces all of his douche bag friends and readers to hate frisbees as well.

Well shoot. I certainly wouldn't want to ever deprive anyone of a cold beer on the course or anywhere else.

Still, I am old. I throw Frisbees. I play frolf. Frisbee golf. Disc golf. Whatever you want to call it.

It was supposed to be a funny. Sounded funny on the inside.

Ehh...

Sorry.

The only place I've seen the use of "frolf" or "frisbee" being an issue is online. "Ball golf" on the other hand: My friends got into a shouting match with the event coordinator for the 18 hole ball golf course our 9 hole par 3/dg course is a part of. They started out cordial, trying to plead their case for a repeat of a very successful tourney we had on the big course the previous year, and it dissolved into calling them stoners, and reminding them it wasn't "ball golf"and "We play the real sport!".

Haha...bridge burnt.

Well, I was going off my own anecdotal experiences, so it's probably not representative of all disc golfers. I'm sure there's an equal number of douchebags in either sport.