• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

Eh, if you guys wanna throw an Innova axis then goes for it. I'm gonna throw the more consistent and reliable product.

Lol, I like how some think Innova is grasping at air.

It's a copycat move. Just like opto air from latitude. Oh and high speed drivers by everyone. Oh and "roc-clones" and "buzz-clones".

Shut up already. You know you'd all poop your pants to buy an over-molded, groove top, crystal blizzard Buzzz.

dude ive already got an over-molded, groove top, crystal blizzard Buzzz.. flies amazing...

Why would Innova be desperate? They own disc golf already.

innova probably figured that all these other companies discs are all modeled in some way or another after their own drivers, mids, putters,etc and thought well what the hell, we'll take a page out of MVPs playbook. That's how I see this.

i wonder if they've done their homework about mvp's consistency and tried to perfect their own version, or just threw this together to make some quick money. if their machines are good and these all come out with matching PLH, innova could make a big hit with these. or this could be the next groove.

Blizzard core (bubbles in the flight plate perfected) with a rubber rim, just saying that is next.

At some point in the future you will have all discs be two pieces. You will have a center core that is specifically tuned to your phone's gps, or lights, or whatever. This core will snap into place with whatever wing you need for that given situation. Your bag will consist of putters, mids, and driver wings. Between throws you snap the core free and put on the wing. Wow, did I just gave away my business plan? Do not worry, Innova will put their version of this idea out in two years.

i wonder if they've done their homework about mvp's consistency and tried to perfect their own version, or just threw this together to make some quick money. if their machines are good and these all come out with matching PLH, innova could make a big hit with these. or this could be the next groove.

Maybe the Groove was just an experiment to get the inner core perfected. The new outer ring will mold around the Groove's groove and make a perfect bond.

so, this is essentially a "glidier" spider? according to the ratings.

I have never seen a serious, or tournament player throwing any MVP. I think I've seen an MVP on a course exactly once. No dog in the fight, just sayin'.

Pac NW ain't much for MVP. Many people in Maine and Mass at tourneys use MVP.

Perhaps Innova is trying to soil MVP's brand image...Flood the market with crappy discs that look like MVP's, next thing you know people are avoiding overmolds.

Perhaps it will have the opposite effect...All of a sudden overmolded discs aren't going to look "weird" to the mainstream.

I dont NEED this disc but I WANT this disc. I dont see where it will fit in my bag but I like it. I dont get the virulent Innova jate on here. But thats been said before.

Im more curious about the outer rim. This doesnt seem like an MVP copy to me...MVP is a lot more technical in how they make their discs. This seems (to me) more like what RIP did with the Graboide and Relic. Stiff inner core with a njce, rubbery and grippy rim. It works well for putters but there is a reason RIP hasnt come out with a mid yet and why they didnt use the overmold for the Ballistic.

Regardless, this is one disc that I really want to feel before I buy.

To casual players these look cool and different. Cool and different Sells!! $$

It's not "new" though. Innova must have ran out of speed 13 drivers to make. Lord knows the last 20 have been useless.

Eh, if you guys wanna throw an Innova axis then goes for it. I'm gonna throw the more consistent and reliable product.

Exactly. Buzzz already owns this slot in the bag. It should for everybody. Not a better disc out there. Axis would have to be the second..

Perhaps Innova is trying to soil MVP's brand image...Flood the market with crappy discs that look like MVP's, next thing you know people are avoiding overmolds.

Perhaps it will have the opposite effect...All of a sudden overmolded discs aren't going to look "weird" to the mainstream.

I highly doubt Innova has the money to waste on a gamble to put a company that doesnt really effect their bottom line out of business. Why does everyone think Innova has billions of dollars to just throw away?

Unless you were being facetious...then I feel like a dum-dum.

picture.php

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with this disc. MVP had something cool, Innova noticed, then they put their own spin on it. Isn't that what every single other company did when Innova released the first beveled-edge disc?

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with this disc. MVP had something cool, Innova noticed, then they put their own spin on it. Isn't that what every single other company did when Innova released the first beveled-edge disc?

Yes, but that was before there were Internet fanboys to get up in arms about it.

My bet is MVP will be fine. They are young, innovative, and trending upward. There's no way they didn't anticipate something like this happening.

THANK YOU...at least some people get it.

Now, if it flies like crud then we will have something to bitch about....

I highly doubt Innova has the money to waste on a gamble to put a company that doesnt really effect their bottom line out of business. Why does everyone think Innova has billions of dollars to just throw away?

Unless you were being facetious...then I feel like a dum-dum.

I was being facetious with the "Innova wants" part. I don't think they would do that because they would be hurting their own reputation as well...However Innova DID spend money trying to put MVP out of business with some litigious nonsense as soon as MVP started making waves.