• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Blizzard Beast

It might be good in a 168.

I have a Wraith in a 168 in Blizzard plastic and that thing bombs. It's not flippy at all.

Like the Beast - more interested in this than the Star-Lite Valk.

I actually would love to see how this flies. I am throwing 150-class drivers only and need something workable in the 10-speed range. Anyone actually throw it yet?

innova needs to get their consistency down first. dominators down to 164 but bosses and teedevils down to 123? come on guys, fix whats broken dont bring in a shiny new toy. (sorry for the mini rant).

on a serious note it will be another disc that some people will like and be more beginner friendly than some of the other blizzards. It would be nice to see starlite in overstable discs, like the boss.

I've recently taken my DX Beast to the field and gotten some of my best distance ever with it. I see no point in going with the inconsistency of Blizzard.

They can make non-blizzard 150 class champion Valks so they should have been able to do the same for Beasts. Put me in the I don't get it camp. Sales and marketing I guess.

This noodle-arm will probably get one eventually.

If you can find a good one, Blizzard will be more durable than DX.

Are you sure Champion is more durable than DX? :D

I love the feel of DX plastic. You know how your favorite baseball cap get's well worn with sweat stains and frayed fabric? That's how a nice, beat DX disc is. I took my beat DX Leo to Huntington, and it's found a way back in my bag. I'm not sure why I ever took it out in the first place.

You guys can have your Champ Teebirds, Leo's, Rocs, Beasts...etc. The DX ones are far superior, IMHO.

I'm just looking at Blizzard anything with an optimistic attitude: Innova is finally making floating versions of most of their popular distance drivers. At least we have more options than the Dragon and Wahoo.

Innova is finally making floating versions of most of their popular distance drivers. At least we have more options than the Dragon and Wahoo.

+1

My Dragon is terribly beat up and turns over - it inevitably ends up going in the water every time.

I LOVE my Star Beast and would be glad to have a Beast that I can confidently throw over water...

I threw my new 137gm Blizzard Beast on Saturday. Went out to Sunset park after 6pm so it was'nt so awful hot, but the wind was blowing about 15-20mph! I threw it with a lot of hyzer on a short hole which i am usually able to park, but the wind was about 15mph. I wanted to see what it would do anyway. It flipped over & went right, but did'nt just turn & burn, it flew all the way getting good distance. I will try it again this weekend, hopefully with less wind. I also have a 145gm i will try, maybe if it's windy. If anything i think the lighter one will be good for tailwinds.

My question is: at what weight do these float? It would be really nice if the "heavier" 150's floated.

My 155g Blizzard Beast arrived today and I like it even though I was inconsistent in throwing it. It tried to get away from me a handful of times by hiding in trees and under thorny underbrush, but I kept tracking it down. I when I snapped off a few full powered hyzers, the disc would flip straight and go right til the fade at the very end. I did get in a decent turnover shot over the trees on #18 Harbin, still bogeyed, but that's on account of my crappy upshot. Best Blizzard Beast drive of the day was in the field with twilight waning fast. Blizz Beast beat the old Pro Wraith by a good 40ft , both thrown with the same effort more or less. This Blizzard Beast of mine has glide to spare and saved me a few strokes on a wide open course even though i was off target for the most part. It just kept gliding forward in the direction I released and finished with a lil fade at the end for the most part. I'm liking it for easier distance for sure. Tempted to try the Blizzard Vulcan now....