• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Champion Panther

Champion Panther?

• Own it, love it!

Votes: 72 31.2%
  • Own it......wish I didn't.

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Don't own it.

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Innova makes a Panther?

Votes: 34 14.7%

• Total voters
i have two champ panthers, cant throw them for crap! trying to trade them off now.

i also have trouble getting distance with a buzzz, i'm not sure why.
but i can chuck a stratus pretty well. strange...

Love my Panther. Got it in an innova starter pack and its the only disc that still remains in my bag from that pack. Im a noob, for sure, but its definitely my go to mid and constantly in my bag.

The one disc that I never hear anything about.

Is this because nobody hates the disc? Or does nobody own one?

For me, it's my favorite disc. It does everything I need it to do. It's created a nice 1 2 punch with my DX Skeeter.

But have any of you own or previously owned a Champion Panther?

The panther is so close in size and shape to a skeeter it makes me wonder. I just ordered my daughter a 150 class pink panther :)

Innova's new site layout is sweet BTW!

I'm looking at a DX Panther & STAR Skeeter side-by-side. Panther is quite a bit less domey, has a somewhat thicker nose, and has more "scoop" in the wing. Also has the weest of beads, while Skeeter has none.

Quite similar, but nowhere near identical.

I'm looking at a DX Panther & STAR Skeeter side-by-side. Panther is quite a bit less domey, has a somewhat thicker nose, and has more "scoop" in the wing. Also has the weest of beads, while Skeeter has none.

Quite similar, but nowhere near identical.

who said they were identical?

I'm thinking of buying a Panther to try out. My Fuse and I don't get along too well.

Question. Does a Panther fly like a shorter Leopard? I'm looking for a nice soft turnover disc in the 270-300 foot range. Leopard/JLS goes too far.

I can answer this, I got both.
The Panther is a bit more OS than a fuse, and longer. But it can still turnover easily if forced.
I'd say yes, pretty much like a shorter Leopard, but the Panther goes far...
I think the panther would be an ok turnover disc at that range, if you anny release it. It won't naturally just float to the right, at least in my case, unless you OAT or power it or force it that way.

It's US, but not THAT US.

Question. Does a Panther fly like a shorter Leopard? I'm looking for a nice soft turnover disc in the 270-300 foot range. Leopard/JLS goes too far.

My fresh panther flies much like a shorter Leo. My beat to snot, taco'd panther is my money panther though, and does everything well except handle gobs of power. Smooth hyzers? Check. Turnovers? Check. Turning right without coming back? Ohhh yeah. It's my favorite get out of trouble disc.
I look for gummy champ ones, they seen to respond better than the stiff champs do.

I'm thinking of buying a Panther to try out. My Fuse and I don't get along too well.

I don't bag it all the time, but that is EXACTLY the kind of shot you'll get out of it. It turns easily and holds a nice soft turnover. That distance you mentioned would be perfect. It's a nice tweener disc.

I can answer this, I got both.
The Panther is a bit more OS than a fuse, and longer. But it can still turnover easily if forced.
I'd say yes, pretty much like a shorter Leopard, but the Panther goes far...
I think the panther would be an ok turnover disc at that range, if you anny release it. It won't naturally just float to the right, at least in my case, unless you OAT or power it or force it that way.

It's US, but not THAT US.

See I wonder if I OAT my Fuse some cause a lot of the time it just turns too dang much. It just sails right. Beat in Panther might be the ticket.

My fresh panther flies much like a shorter Leo. My beat to snot, taco'd panther is my money panther though, and does everything well except handle gobs of power. Smooth hyzers? Check. Turnovers? Check. Turning right without coming back? Ohhh yeah. It's my favorite get out of trouble disc.
I look for gummy champ ones, they seen to respond better than the stiff champs do.

I don't bag it all the time, but that is EXACTLY the kind of shot you'll get out of it. It turns easily and holds a nice soft turnover. That distance you mentioned would be perfect. It's a nice tweener disc.

Panther added to my list of discs to buy. :thmbup:

Is your Fuse GL or Opto? I like my Opto, but the GL I sold just didn't fly well for me.

It's a beat Opto 172.

I like the Panther a lot and I agree with all the recent posts. If a 172 Opto Fuse is too finicky for you you'd probably want a stiff Champ Leo, the opposite of what New013 prefers.

Max weight Opto Fuses are a lot more manageable than lighter ones though, in case you've never thrown any.

Thrown one for years it's my under stable approach from 200 and in if I need a turn or it's great for 300ft rollers that you need to head right fairly quickly very versatile disc.

I have a 170g opto fuse, if you're turning it over every time, u need to work on your technique.

I have a 170g opto fuse, if you're turning it over every time, u need to work on your technique.

See I don't have that problem with other discs though so it makes me wonder how much of it is bad technique or how much is it the disc?

I have also considered getting a 177+ fresh Opto Fuse and try it to see. Too many disc needs and not enough funds. :\