• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

The rim is much meatier than any other putter I've held. The shape definitely looks to be PnA-ish, but they don't feel the same in hand. It's weird to explain unless you've held one.

I own one :p

I guess to me its similar enough to not be a big deal. Like if I throw an Aviar then a Rhyno, I know there was a difference. Aviar than Nova, not so much.

I prefer shallow rimmed putters. The Nova was too deep for my liking.
It flew well enough, just couldn't get over the rim...

I want to see a picture of you being unable to grip the Nova or Atlas without being able to avoid the injection points. You must have Rockbiter-sized hands.

it's not so much that i can't grip it w/out touching those goofy points, it's that i'm ocd when it comes to gripping a disc and the stamp and points align in such a way that it just never feels right to me

I have a nova. I agree the feel is not great, but what I like about it is it instantly listens to your putting line. Much quicker than a p&a aviar, if that makes sense.
But learning how to cleanly eject it from your hand can be difficult. And cleaning it is a b!tch.

I find the nova to very close in feel and flight to a Vibram sole. I like the feel of the firm top. I could do without the nubs but the don't get in the way.

I like the Atlas. Love the way it feels in the hand but really love the way it flies. Dead effing straight. So I went to my local disc purveyor, to check out his recently arrived stock of Champion Atlases. Nice, but none of the color combos jumped out at me. So Doug grabbed a stack of Star for me to look at. "Have you seen the Nova?" As he hands me one. Whoa! Love at first touch. Unfortunately I didn't have time to really give it a serious workout. Just 1 throw. Impressive. Like the Atlas, DEAD STRAIGHT. And the grip was phenomenal.

Move over SSS Magic, their's a new sheriff in town.

Seriously though I can't wait to give it a good workout.

I got a round in today, along with some practice putting with the Novas.

I don't throw Aviars much. I have a couple around though, and I got the same impression from the Nova that I did with them. Good glide, good HSS and a tiny fade. A bit bouncy though. I noticed that on my MachLite which is NOT a firm basket, they were redirecting off the chains. Staying in, but not penetrating like I'm used to seeing. On the course today I had a couple deflect off the chains where I think my Wizards would've penetrated.

Great approach/driving disc, absolutely love the feel of the pro plastic, but not different enough from a P&A or Classic Aviar.

Mine are egg shell plates with forest green rims and looked SWEET spinning in the snow where they landed.

Merry Christmas to me!

So last week I went to buy myself an Atlas, and wound up getting a very Christmasy looking Atlas for the wife and a Nova for me. My first time seeing the Nova in the flesh and as soon as it was in my hand it just felt right. Them damn nibs though... :thmbdown: With crappy weather that even I wouldn't venture forth in and of course Christmas, I hadn't had a chance to actually play a round with it. I did today.

WOW!

I'm impressed!

Once you get a good grip of it avoiding those nibs, it goes right where you throw it. Like the Atlas, dead straight, with the most minimal of fades. But what really impressed me was how it banged the chains. Solid. And it did something I had never seen any other discs do, and that includes the various MVP discs I've tried. It was strange really but happened on 3 distinct times that I could see. The best I can describe it is a, "dead bounce."

When this miracle of modern science would hit the chains and/or pole it stopped (grabbed) the spin instantly. The momentum however kept the disc going forward. The softish outer ring then bounced as though it was going to spit out right back at me. But because the spin had stopped gravity then took over the heavier rim. And the disc fell dead right to the bottom of the basket.

This might just be the putter I've been looking for for the past 6+ years.

that's how it works so well for me. grips like nothing's business, but that firm center and grippy rim seem to dead blows. Grippy in a putter can be a curse, because it usually means floppy. but not the NOVA.

I've seen it grab ONE OUTSIDE CHAIN and still fall in the basket... high on the chains! It's crazy!

Had a chance to throw it. Would definitely use for approaches, dead straight. Would NEVER use it for putts. This sucker is like a rubber ball.

it is better on discatcher and heavier chained targets. The Machs at Trophy Lakes were way too light for them to really grab. But I would assume the same can be said of other discs on the lighter chained Machs.

Putted with it all weekend on the hodgepodge of baskets at Gran Canyon, from Discatchers, Spider, DGA Mach III, IV, and V, Discraft, even a Latitude Pro. not one cut through or bounce out. No three putts or roll aways.

I came home to find my player rating jumped 5 points to 1005... Highest ever.

The Nova just makes me a better scoring golfer.

I bought one of these to try and replace the Mcpro aviar i was using for understable short range stuff. I'm still getting used to it and maybe i got a freak one but it's pretty overstable (Similar to the S-p2 for me) but it's REALLY easy to torque (very touchy when it comes to OAT, perhaps i need to practice driving with putters,but this is not an issue with Kc pro aviars, regular beadless aviars, Rhynos, or P2's)... A couple things i liked about it were how when it hits the ground it sticks like a rock and how grippy the plastic feels. For reference i have a holiday nova.

This is my first post on this or any other disc golf forum. I've been lurking and reading for a while but now I've finally found something worth posting about. I bought a Nova about a week ago and it is the single best disc purchase I have ever made and I've made a bunch. Here are the reasons I love this disc starting with the really big one first.
1. This disc has almost no fade even at really slow speeds. Low speed fade has always been my biggest problem with putting as I will sometimes wuss a putt attempt for fear of over throwing which will often cause the disc to fade early. This is the first putter I have ever tried with this little low speed fade (possible exceptions are lids like Birdies or Polecats but I just can't get comfortable with these).
2. Feels perfect in my hand. I'm coming from Aviar P&As. These feel very similar but with a grippier rim which I prefer.
3. If and when I miss I'm close to the basket. If it hits the basket the soft rubber absorbs the blow and the disc usually lands right by the basket. If it doesn't hit metal the grippy rim grabs the ground with very little slide/skip. Also the lack of low speed fade cause the disc to land flatter giving very little chance of a roll away.
4. Maybe I can't credit the disc for this but because of reasons 1 and 3 I've gained so much confidence that I'm throwing my putts with more authority which is helping me.
5. The disc seems to stick in the chains better - less bounce outs than my Aviar P&As.
6. Did I mention the almost nil low speed fade! Love it!

Okay so I just reread all of that and can see that I look like a fanboy for this disc. I'm okay with that because it's kinda true. I buy discs all the time in hopes of finding some magic that will lower my score but it doesn't often work out that way. In this case I actually made a purchase that I am confident will reduce my score -Woot!

Sounds like you've found your putter. Congratulations.

Now resist the urge to try something new...:D

Sounds like you've found your putter. Congratulations.

Now resist the urge to try something new...:D

Indeed, I think I can finally quit my search for the perfect putter FOR ME (everyone's style is different of course). Problem is I just got a soft Swan 2 delivered just an hour ago so I have to at least throw it. I can't imagine any possibility that it will displace my Nova but I'm at least going to throw it. I ordered it before I had a chance to really learn how much I love the Nova. Same as the Nova the Swan was ordered because of a low fade rating. Now that I'm so happy with the Nova it's taking away from the normal excitement of throwing my new disk (Swan) as I've kinda already found the the putter I'm looking for. I suppose there are worse problems to have. Now if I could just find that speed 13 driver that does what I want every time...