• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Innova Plastics: What do you prefer and why?

Pro! I do need certain molds with the extra stability added by champion sometimes though. Pro gives a great grip and the most true flight for me.

Star - durable and grippy.

Really not much else. Dont like the grip of champion and dont like how fast Dx beats in. Pro is just the cheap version of star.

I love the durability and consistency of the champ plastic. Star is really nice too, but can get a little understable for me kind of quickly. Do like the extra glide though.

If you want to get rid of the Apes and Tbirds I always need backups.

Don't love Pro, DX I destroy too quickly for anything but putters.

I only use Innova drivers and they have to be Champ, I'm not really a fan of the other stuff. Except for the G* Firebird I have and that is only used when I don't want it to skip.

I only use Innova drivers and they have to be Champ, I'm not really a fan of the other stuff. Except for the G* Firebird I have and that is only used when I don't want it to skip.

Uhhhh.... Ditto!

Champ Firebird, G* Firebird, Champ Teebird, Champ Leopard, Champ Roc3

DX Aviar; though I might start chucking my CE Aviar.

I like CE for all around then vintage DX in stable molds/putters. The 1st gen blizz works well for my max D drivers, but I mix gummy champ, CE, & vintage DX from there. Gstar's decent. I'm still looking for a premium replacement for a 7-8/10 DX Gazelle.

Pro! I do need certain molds with the extra stability added by champion sometimes though. Pro gives a great grip and the most true flight for me.

Oh yeah! Pro to me is almost as sneaky long as DX but with more durability. My main "go to" FW drivers are Pro plastic. I like Star too, but not for discs that I want to season a bit. I'm still evaluating G* but I really like it so far. Champion is reserved for my OS discs that I want to stay OS forever (Brinster 'bird and Banshee).

I've never been able to get the distance with Champ that I can with other plastics, even a beat to snot QJLS I bought from PIAS. But even for me Champ has its uses.

STAR hands down. Breaks in nice and uniformly, very grippy, very tough. Best of all worlds.

1. Gstar/pro
2. Star
3. Champion
4. Xt
5. Dx.
I absolutely love gstar and pro. Gstar has all the glide and distance of pro with the durability of star. I carry a gstar destroyer and a pro destroyer. If there is a chance of hitting a tree gstar if not pro. Star I have mids and fairways and two driver molds. It is just all around a very nice plastic. The only champ I carry is the champ the molded 4 and 5x jk champ Valkyries in. That and one pfn Barry beast and a pfn pre jk Valkyrie. I just got a 4x jk pro valk today and it is a lot like that 5x champ plastic. I am not a fan of the newer harder champ plastic except for OS discs. Banshee. The only neutral champ disc I had and liked was a TL. I need to replace it. I carry no dx. If I start throwing rocs, they will be mcpro or KC pro.

The only DX I have is putters, love the feel. I will no longer use DX for anything else though. Sick of them being perfect for about a week and then turning into flippy b!tches. Have some Champion and Pro, but Star is my all around favorite.

I love Star for all my drivers except my totem Teebird. Generally not a big fan of Champion for whatever reason, but that one flies too good. For my Rocs though, I have to have my KC Pro Rocs. A Roc in another plastic just isn't. roc, except maybe DX.

Besides for Star Destroyers and baseline putters, my bag is usually filled with champ/Z plastic. I especially like the older pearly and gummy champ. I would argue that it is the best plastic ever made. Some of the older Star and more recent champystar blends are tasty too. The old blood red star would give CE a run for it's money.

I throw innova drivers. I think star plastic is the best because durability is great and has good glide. Champion to me is glide less and not necessarily the best for max d. I do have a champion firebird and c line pd2 but that's because they don't need glide.

Latest posts