• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Website

CincyRocs

Bogey Member
Does anyone think the Innova website is a little quirky?

I can get to old discs (which aren't on the big disc comparison pages) through the links at the bottom left pages of individual discs.

Also, some discs have the wrong ratings after clicking on other discs. Today I looked at the Boss' stats and it was the same as the Groove.

Is it just me, or has anyone else found quirks like this in their website?

far as i know, the groove's stats ARE the same as the boss, the groove is just lighter and comes in different plastic....

far as i know, the groove's stats ARE the same as the boss, the groove is just lighter and comes in different plastic....

the groove is offered in the SAME plastic. the design is different, a groove is now included, hence the name. it is made to fly the same as the boss but for people that dont have as much rip.

the groove is offered in the SAME plastic. the design is different, a groove is now included, hence the name. it is made to fly the same as the boss but for people that dont have as much rip.

the Groove and the Boss don't have the same characteristics:
http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/comparison.html

i meant to say that in my initial post. they are both speed 13 disc though

well, after checking, both discs are only available in champion platsic.

edit: as has just been pointed out by people who are faster than me at posting replies :/

The Bulldog is OOP and is not listed as a link under the tabs, but you still get there if you Google it.

They also have a page of upcoming and new products, but I am yet to figure out how to get there from the homepage.

I think what the original poster was getting at was that if you look at the comparison chart the Boss is listed as 13 5 -1 3 and the Groove as 13 6 -2 2. However if you click on the individual disc descriptions, they both as listed as 13 6 -2 2.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/comparison.html

So they have contradictory information on their own website.

However, compared to Gateway they are fantastic. The header banner on the Gateway site announces a tournament from last October, and the Magic (which has been out for a year and supposedly was their best-selling disc last year) is not listed amongst their putters.

From the PDGA message board:

Justin_E said:
So Dave. I was just noticing that according to the innova website the Boss and the Groove have the same exact flight statistics. I hadnt realized that and was under the impression that the Groove would be less overstable than the Boss. Could you compare the two and explain the difference if any. Sorry if already asked.

Now that I look at it. Is a Boss really supposed to be more understable at high speed than a destroyer? I know you explained that different speed discs are on a different scale but 12 to 13 isnt that different. In my experience my Bosses don't have as much high speed turn as my destroyers.

Dave_D said:
The Boss numbers are wrong. They should be either 0 or -1 for high speed turn, and 3 for low speed fade.

I have also noticed it is "quirky." The only way to get to the Bulldog page is through the Hydra page, and the only was to get the disc comparison chart or page (I forget which one) is from the page of a disc- you can't get to if from the homepage.

You should hit them up Cincy- maybe they need a good IT guy.

... the only was to get the disc comparison chart or page (I forget which one) is from the page of a disc- you can't get to if from the homepage

There is a link to the Disc Comparison Chart on the "Discs Home" page. There is a link to the "Discs Home" page under the "Golf Discs" menu that you'll see on just about any page on their site. So you're right that there's not a link to the disc comparison chart directly on the main homepage, but it's only two clicks away from any page on the site, including the main homepage -- not just from the page of a disc.

I'm not saying it's the most intuitive site in the world to browse (it's definitely not), but once you're familiar with it, it makes sense.

Last edited:
High speed turn of a -1 with a player that throws 400+ feet is like a 150 stingray with a player that throws 300 feet. It's all in arm speed and snap.

Latest posts