• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Whale

Well the Wizard is a clone of the big bead Aviar, so I would say no.

You may be right, but having spent some time putting with both, I know which I prefer. Gateway may have been trying to imitate a BB Aviar when they designed the Wizard; I don't really know. I much prefer the feel of the Wizard to ANY Aviar I've tried including the BB. That's just me though.

Don't let them fool you, it wasn't an imitation or clone. It was an improvement.

Gateway took the best putter on the market and made it better.

Would innova even have to re summit for the whale if it's just a non overmold nova?

Yes. It would be a whole new mold. It takes two molds to make the Nova. One for the core, one for the over mold. Same with any two piece discs. The core gets molded in one machine, then after it has cooled completely, it is place in another machine and the rim is molded onto it.

and then mvp made the ion and now the other two discs are only for noobs.

If that helps you sleep at night :p

Am I the only one thinking that this will be a tweener type putter? Like a flatter version of the Aviar.

Last edited:
And the amount of your wager is....
None, because Innuva disc names are terrible at best. Seriously who thinks of these... Seriously, who?
It's part of the new marine mammal series.

Up next is a midrange called the Manatee.

Then a new 13 speed driver called the Sea Otter.

And finally a re-release of the Dolphin, in G*.
You must have gotten the email too with this springs new disc line up. Haha, very funny! :clap:

It's definitely not awe inspiring, but the Whale seems like a suitable name for a beefy putter. Especially when you consider the Pig and the Rhyno. It could have a really cool stamp if they do it right...

The Innova Factory Store dropped some more Thunderbirds last Wednesday. With that post they also mentioned "We will reach out to everyone Monday w/more great news!". I wonder if this has anything to do with that?

tumblr_inline_mv7ue1mafs1s18a9i.gif

So... they're releasing another Aviar. 2303 probably? They already have 2300, 2301, 2302 Aviars so why not just call it what it is? Seems clear at least part of the Aviar mold is being used.

P&A, McPro, KC, JK, Yeti, AV Driver, and Nova. Apparently an 8th Aviar is needed lol.

So... they're releasing another Aviar. 2303 probably? They already have 2300, 2301, 2302 Aviars so why not just call it what it is? Seems clear at least part of the Aviar mold is being used.

P&A, McPro, KC, JK, Yeti, AV Driver, and Nova. Apparently an 8th Aviar is needed lol.

Aviar3?

Latest posts