• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova's new Speed 14 Driver-Innova Wahoo

I have some light katanas in 159n160 weights and they fly very straight,you can hyzer flip them.cant wait to try the new discs in the low wieghts. mayb call them katunas

The new disc is approved. It's called the Wahoo.

Innova Champion Discs recently submitted the Wahoo for PDGA testing. This disc passed all PDGA tests, so I've added it to the list of PDGA-approved discs. This disc is now permitted in all PDGA competitions, although formal certification will be made by the Board of Directors at their next meeting. Test measurements are listed below.

Wahoo
Certification No. 10-37
Outside diameter: 21.0 cm
Inside rim diameter: 16.1 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim depth: 1.2 cm
Rim thickness: 2.4 cm
Flight plate thickness: 0.3 cm
Flight plate to rim plane distance: 1.7 cm
Flexibility rating: 10.21 kg
Rim configuration rating: 33.25
Maximum weight allowed: 174.3 g

Last edited:
I'm not their target market, so I will leave it alone; but I do think their target market are people who shouldnt throw it when you think of the biggest arms like Avery seems to just like his Destroyers. I dont know. Maybe thats why they are doing it? Until they find one that guys like Avery really like?

Wahoo I love it......

Can't wait to hear the players asking "where'd my wahoo go" "anyone see my wahoo in the bushes" or the inevitable "wahoo for sale threads"

Note to mods...I am not making any innuendo in the prior comment...it's just a funny name and it goes in line with

"where'd my groove go" "anyone see my groove in the bushes" or the inevitable "groove for sale threads"

Damn that sounds dirty to

LOl I am just trying to say Innova makes disc names like Mad Libs and I personally enjoy their style Innova makes fun names unlike the bad ass wanna be newer disc companies

Really?

Wahoo?

innova_wahoo2.jpg

unless the disc is way better than it has been described so far it will go the way of the Groove in no time

Chief Wahoo Mcdaniel gotta love Irish Indian Wrestlers....damn the 80s were so much more fun

I am going to guess that the wahoo will be a success......Innova did well with their last few new releases (katana, Dart, Mako, etc.)

Three Putt can you compare those specs and flighlines to any other disc out there....I'm curious what kind of disc this will be

I like the fact thats it lower glide and has tons of fade......in most peoples hands it might perform like a longer firebird....due to most unable to get to the right speed to turn and the meaty fade. Thats my guess. The idea of a longer firebird is interesting to me....I might be way off though

If this disc is named after the University of Virginias football team (the wahoos) then it is going to suck. UVa isn't very good, but occasionally it surprises you.