• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I legit just read the last 54 pages of this thread, and all that I can think about is eating the baked ziti in my fridge.

On topic - All these top pro's moving around isn't going to influence me when it comes time to picking a disc to use. Will I pick up 1 or 2 to try them out an see if they fit my game? Yes. Does that mean I'm gonna go nuts and completely change my bag b/c so-and-so throws said disc? No. Is the sport going to change dramatically because of this new company? Doubtful. That being said, I'm going to go eat my baked ziti now. I would like to thank all of you that provided me with entertainment for the last hour and kept me from going out and blowing 40$ at the bar.

Wally World

:popcorn:I have a feeling that whatever this company is, it has the backing from a major company, and start up funding is pretty big, what company could be backing these guys??
The biggest retailer in the world and they don't sell discs, at least not in my area. They obviously know how to make money and they are missing out on dg dollars. I follow professional bass fishing and there are two major tours. The Bassmasters Elite Series ( started in 1967 ) and the Wal Mart FLW Tour which has been around since 95. The Wal Mart tour raised the bar and The Bassmasters had no choice but to keep up. Prodigy could be what disc golf needs to ensure that the best players in the world don't qualify for food stamps.

I'd have fun with a signature comet :)

its also fun to sidetrack the thread for a bit!

you guys talk to discraft for me

By far the best part of the whole thread I'd buy 3! MJ you are my favorite pro I try to model my game after yours! Any tips for a struggling spin putter? Grip advice?

The biggest retailer in the world and they don't sell discs, at least not in my area. They obviously know how to make money and they are missing out on dg dollars. I follow professional bass fishing and there are two major tours. The Bassmasters Elite Series ( started in 1967 ) and the Wal Mart FLW Tour which has been around since 95. The Wal Mart tour raised the bar and The Bassmasters had no choice but to keep up. Prodigy could be what disc golf needs to ensure that the best players in the world don't qualify for food stamps.

Love me some professional bass fishing :hfive:

Mj sig Comets... yes plz .. long haird hippies unite :) ... over/under on how many posts till cartman pic.. at 6?

Fly Dye MJ ESP Comets!! My X Comet is tie-dye and the Z I'm getting for Christmas will also be tie-dye.

So, I gotta ask. As a guy who couldn't throw any disc 400 ft unless I carried it 350 and a friendly squirrel carried it the last 50...

You mentioned using the Comet out to 400...do you generally not pull out a driver for shots less than that? I figure it depends on the shot, but it blows my mind at my stage to think about having a game where it's strictly mids under 400 ft.

Id say its probably situation dependant. I wouldnt think it would be advantagious to limit yourself to a certain speed disc just based on distance. Id say your thoughts on it depending on the line are correct.

Maybe MJ will answer, and possibly give a bit of insight into his thought process

Id say its probably situation dependant. I wouldnt think it would be advantagious to limit yourself to a certain speed disc just based on distance. Id say your thoughts on it depending on the line are correct.

Maybe MJ will answer, and possibly give a bit of insight into his thought process

I hope he does...I think maybe I cought him after he racked out.

If so, I hope you had sweet dreams, ye young version of the wizard Gandalf, ye with plastic lazers for fingers.

One of the first threads I've read from front to back. Thanks for the input MJ. I'm going to say what most have said here. I look forward to January to see WHY players needed to make the jump. It has to be tough as a top pro to just walk away from your current sponsor. Best of luck on their endeavors.

There's some logic to this thinking. But, in terms of the whole "adding capital to the new venture," a big retailer wouldn't likely do that. It would give said new venture a massive market exposure, which is critical, but I doubt Wally World invests in, like, the latest Chips Ahoy cookie, or what have you. And if they were going to have their own branded line of products, i don't know if golf discs is where they'd start.

No, and again I don't know anyone or anything, but reading all these threads, and admittedly adding profusely to their length over the past week, my suspicion is that IF, IF there's a major player involved with this new venture, beyond the new team/disc company, it would be a massive sports equipment concern, that makes/sells everything sports. And, that this new venture/team will not only be sporting new discs, but new gear from head to toe.

Wait a minute!

Jan 1? Partisan bickering? Wild speculation from an uninformed public? I've got it now....

We're going over the discal cliff!

So, I gotta ask. As a guy who couldn't throw any disc 400 ft unless I carried it 350 and a friendly squirrel carried it the last 50...

You mentioned using the Comet out to 400...do you generally not pull out a driver for shots less than that? I figure it depends on the shot, but it blows my mind at my stage to think about having a game where it's strictly mids under 400 ft.

i do pull out drivers alot under 400ft, it really is just a situational thing, I can throw a comet 400, but i rarely do. I'll start using xl's and preds at like 300-320 all day

Alright, back to the original reason for this thread.

Discraft just posted the following on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/discraftdg/status/282159068297195521

Could be innocuous, but I've never seen Discraft really direct any comment at any player who was not on their roster. Could be an indication of a switch. Or it really could just be nothing.

oooOOoOoooooh, specccccullllaaatttiiooon.

Status
Not open for further replies.