• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
which is the company that refused to help you when your car breaks down on the way to a event to represent them and a/nt tier. I heard a story about this.

Kinda think its funny that Will didn't share Big Jerms facebook update like all the others that left there sponsors. Might be something to that you think? ;)

By the way it is not a "Gateway Win" if all the winner uses is Wizards. It is a win for all the people such as myself that think a mixed bag is the best way to have success in the sport of disc golf. I think that you get the best of all worlds if you throw all the companies products and decide what fits your game the best.

Like McB said..."Choice of Champion's, right?" Until mixed bag players start dominating...we can't say it's the best.
On a side note, Wysocki has been HOT lately. I'm interested to see how he handles the change in plastic. Even Mikey Jo said he had to take a few months to learn the new discs.

Really, this might be good for the sport. A new company. A new batch of plastic. When the dust settles, it's still gonna be each golfer against the course. I'm excited for disc golf in 2013. Brian Graham said they're getting some TV time...possibly the memorial.

It's the archer, not the arrow. You should all just shut up now. There's way too many uninformed, speculative, and just plain stupid posts in this thread.

Not saying this represents Will or anyone else specifically, but, I hear Jerm is sort of a head case and a lot of people dont really like playing with him. If thats true I could see that being a reason for the lack of hoopla over his leaving DC.

Saw Jerm throw a complete tantrum earlier in the year...It was really funny and sad all at the same time. He missed birdie on two sub-200ft holes. Since that my impression on him as a pro has been lacking.

@ Giv'r It's the archer, not the arrow. You should all just shut up now. There's way too many uninformed, speculative, and just plain stupid posts in this thread.

U mad bro?
This is what the pros who are leaving companies want. The speculation, the controversy, they are all bringing this upon themselves. If they didn't want it then they wouldn't all leave one by one having each one have their own share of the spotlight. The speculation and the interest is what motivates these guys to continue to do this. If you want to get away from the speculation and the uniformed, stupid, ignorant, no good, rotten, very bad posts on DGCR then leave! You are just adding fuel to the fire like everyone else.

Also when it comes to mixed bags really Gateway is the only one that allows it fully, but you saw what happened to Nikko when he made the switch to one brand. He had a career two years and challenged for every major but after the switch he was a great player not a dominant one. I just think it gives people more to choose from thats all.

It's the archer, not the arrow. You should all just shut up now. There's way too many uninformed, speculative, and just plain stupid posts in this thread.

What about the bow? Doesn't that factor into it? Is the archer using a compound bow? A recurve? A longbow? I was into archery for a long time when I was younger and it always took me awhile to get used to handling a different bow. Maybe it was just me...

So will this "Prodigy" company be making discs? Or just sponsoring/promoting?

I know, this thread is hard to keep up with because it's so big and grows so fast. Here's the pics of Prodigy's discs:

image_zps312f082d.jpg

If they didn't want the info out they shouldn't have displayed them on the wall. Right?

Although, Prodigy may not be the actual manufacturer. We'll see soon enough.

Thanks, dad. We will all stop posting now that you've corrected our out of line behavior. :p If you know it's full of plain stupid posts why have you continued to read and follow it? You obviously care.

Even a great archer requires his arrows to fly true. Inconsistent and antiquated technology in a company that cranks out new molds monthly isn't the best for some. That's why having choices is great. :popcorn:

Will

Kinda think its funny that Will didn't share Big Jerms facebook update like all the others that left there sponsors. Might be something to that you think? ;)

He did share it on Facebook.

Why not wait until the 1st to announce publicly?

Maybe Prodigy officially launches on Jan.1
That is why there is no information other than speculation.

This and also these pro may be under contract. A lot of contracts like to use calendar or fiscal years for their start and end dates. These pro may not be allowed to say who they are now chucking for until their current contract officially expires.

This and also these pro may be under contract. A lot of contracts like to use calendar or fiscal years for their start and end dates. These pro may not be allowed to say who they are now chucking for until their current contract officially expires.
good point. Maybe folks are waiting for contracts to expire and those 4 driver discs to be approved by the PDGA on the 1st.

They couldn't leave if their contract wasn't expired already. Their contract for the new company is what limits their speech on this.

I am waiting for the day when one of the World Champions is not from one of these two companies. Maybe Prodigy will be the first with their haul of talent. I think it would be good for disc golf to have more top manufacturers.
Not the Open Champ, but I believe Jim Oates may have been sponsored by Lightning when he won the Master World title in 1999.

For some reason there are pros out there that aren't letting us in on "the big secret". You can't tell me that every pro that was approached, accepted sponsorship. There are obviously a few players that stuck with their current sponsors even after being courted by the "new guys". Did they get paid to stay off the boards and not comment? That seems kind of fishy to me. IMO, the people that are keeping quiet are the ones that can be trusted less....

Status
Not open for further replies.