• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Inside the Grip!

metallicafreak121

Par Member
Thought I would hop on the ITB train like everyone else and look for some Spring feedback. Not really sure my bag needs much changing, but anything you guys come up with I may consider.

-VITALS-
Throwing Style: RHBH
Years Playing: 1 1/2 competitive, 2 recreational before that
Distance: 325 with drivers, 275 with fairways, everything under those distances typically gets a mid or putter

-DISTANCE DRIVERS-
Gstar Krait (175g): Brand new, super domey, used to stable shots with a little bit of fade.
Gstar Krait (171g): Beat in, used for big flex shots or s-shots when thrown flat.
Star Valkyrie (167g): My old-reliable. Slight wear, big dome, has great glide and thrown for max distance. Fades back in well.
Opto Havoc (174g): Gift from a friend. Worn in. I often throw it back to back with the Valk to see which one has more distance. Great for big hyzer flips and turnovers.
Champion Starfire (175g): OS driver. New. Used for shots in wind, big skips, and big hyzers.

-FAIRWAY DRIVERS-
Champion Gazelle (175g): OS fairway driver. Brand new, jolly launcher plastic. Don't pull this out too often, but I like to have it when I need it.
Gstar Gazelle (175g): Slight wear, my most used disc outside my putters. Super straight, can be used for hyzer flips to straight with fade, or straight to turnover. Love this disc.
TP Underworld (171g): Slight wear, used for big turnovers, wooded shots, and rollers. Will eventuallt get cycled out when Gstar Gazelle is beat up enough.

-MID RANGE-
Z Wasp (180g): Pearly, brand new. Used for all my windy day mid range needs and hyzers.
Z Wasp (174g): Worn in. Pretty similar to my other Wasp, but goes farther and fades a tad less due to lighter weight and wear.
Champion Mako3 (180g): Slight wear, used for all my straight shots. Do-it-all disc from gentle hyzers, to laser straight shots, to gentle turnovers.
ESP Comet (174g): Brand new. I like ESP over Z because of the generally flat top. Used for most of my turnover needs.
ESP Comet (180g): Beat. Used for all my mid range hyzer flips and high turnovers.

-PUTTERS-
Champion Rhyno (180g): Production run Champ. Brand new. Used for everything that a Rhyno does well. Overstable putter shots, fighting wind, and I even use it for some straight forehand rollers.
Classic Blend Warden (174g): Slight wear. Still flies the same as brand new. Used for all my straight putter shots as well as little hyzers I want to carry and small turnovers.
Classic Blend Warden (174g): Brand new. This one just waits for the other Warden to get beat in.
Pro Nova (175g): Pretty similar to the Wardens, but has more glide and is a little more understable. Used for shots I want to stick.

I also have 2 identical huk lab stamped Classic Blend Wardens I use for putting.

There you have it. The only thing I'm pondering right now is whether to kick the Starfire for a Firebird. Other than that, not really sure, but open to feedback! Thanks!

Cool bag set up.

It is refreshing to see a little variation in the molds from the norm while still retaining all the classic "slots" that the teebs, fb's and mids cover.

Bag looks really solid man.

Cool bag set up.

It is refreshing to see a little variation in the molds from the norm while still retaining all the classic "slots" that the teebs, fb's and mids cover.

Bag looks really solid man.

Thanks man. I probably wouldn't have felt the need to post if I was just carrying the typical Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Roc, Aviar bag. Not like I'm dogging on any of those molds (because they're all great), but all players are different. I just find what works for me and throw it, haha.

Now I will just have to get you to give the Scale a shot in that Rhyno slot ;)
Some Fossil Fuel plastic and bam you will be in love.

I don't call it the Rhyno-killer for nothin'

There you have it. The only thing I'm pondering right now is whether to kick the Starfire for a Firebird. Other than that, not really sure, but open to feedback! Thanks!

I dunno about that. If the Starfire is getting it done for you now I'd keep it that way. Firebirds are SO much more overstable then starfires. If your starfire is doing a good job of OS duties for you now a firebird may be just too overstable to be of much use.

Also, Scale > Ryno

Friend of mine gave me a flat star firebird. Added it to the bag and it may just take some field work to determine is the champ gazelle, starfire, and firebird can all coexist.