• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Intro and questions.

Baldzillabill

Hi everyone, Greetings from east Tenn.

I got into DG about a year ago and now want to form a club here in my small town. We have a 9 hole course here that so many people have no idea its here!:doh:
I have about 6 to 7 people interested in forming a club, my questions are:

I have done some research on the pdga website about this, must we follow all of those guild lines or can we make house club rules?

Must we register with pdga and get rated?

Do we have to provide discs to new members?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Baldzillabill.

Your club, your rules. The pDGA has no say in what your club is all about. Start small. Get bag tags made for your club, and start a weekly tag round. Don't worry about getting discs for everyone, that should be up to each individual. Trying to sell discs is a quick way to burn-out city.

Right. I'm a PDGA supporter---but there's no reason to bother when forming a local club.

WAY down the road, when the club is growing and full of PDGA members, you might looked at the PDGA's Affiliated Club program and see if it offers enough to be worth pursuing. But certainly not at the beginning......and perhaps never.

Latest posts