• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

IOWA SLACKERS

also, the lack of any sort of occupational obligation will hopefully allow me to get out and play, photograph, and review a good chunk of eastern iowa courses this summer that havent received much love here. none of my friends had heard of this site when i mentioned it to them, but i've encouraged them to sign up and contribute. iowa has a plethora of passionate disc golf enthusiasts, but as previously stated many times in this thread, the handful of them that DO go to chatter about discing on the internet usually do it at iowadg.com and not here.

hopefully that might change, soon

I miss eastern Iowa golf! Jones! Hiawatha! I "grew up" on Sugar Bottom in the late 90's. What's Rodeo Park like now?

Cool deal! I grew up in South Eastern Iowa, and I alway miss getting to play on the courses also! I tried to join Iowadg.com, but I guess they want current residents only. It's a cool site for sure, there is a lot of info on there. But beings I'm an Iowan, I know how Iowans are! lol Ya'll know what I'm talkin bout! ;)

Well, those idiots still managed to have some of the best Disc Golf courses in the nation. As well as the most per capita. Iowa is only behind Cali by 13 courses, and was #2 for years. Iowa is doing something right! ;)

Here is a new addition to hole 2 at Turkey Creek in Iowa City, IA. Just installed this week by one of our local pros!

VmmCi.jpg

I miss eastern Iowa golf! Jones! Hiawatha! I "grew up" on Sugar Bottom in the late 90's. What's Rodeo Park like now?
You should see Sugar Bottom now. I used to play it in the late 90's, moved away in '02, but finally got back there last summer. It's twice as good now. They thinned out the old course and added a few new ones. It's in really good shape (pending the flooding going on). Also, here's a pic of hole 2 at Turkey now:

elevated.jpg

Turkey is 18 now and a lot of fun as well.

I tried to join Iowadg.com, but I guess they want current residents only.

Uhhhhhhh, what? There are LOTS of not-current-residents (even never-residents) on there. Well, on the forum. I don't know anything about the rest of the site.

Uhhhhhhh, what? There are LOTS of not-current-residents (even never-residents) on there. Well, on the forum. I don't know anything about the rest of the site.

I don't know, my app is still pending approval. I emailed them and never heard back. I'd love to know whats going on in and around the Ottumwa area and SE Iowa. I'll go try it again.

and Nada, I may just go ahead and re register.

Last edited:
I don't know, my app is still pending approval. I emailed them and never heard back. I'd love to know whats going on in and around the Ottumwa area and SE Iowa. I'll go try it again.

dont worry, AO is my neighbor and gives me putting lessons in his backyard, and i STILL havent had my membership accepted so don't feel too bad.

Latest posts