• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it normal for 2 people in your group of 3 to be blasting music from speakers?

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
If yes and you are one of those people blasting music, would you get pissed if the third party, the one not creating a discordant nightmare, a guy you don't really know and haven't played with, turned to you from the tee and asked if one of you could turn off your speakers because they are going insane? Would you tell that person that you "do it all the time" and "Sure ___, we'll do everything that you wanna do!"

Is this disc golf?

Please discuss because I'm at a loss for words.

I've played a league where someone in the group played music—only one person. Being a pretty casual league, I just rolled with it.

In the few tournaments I've played, nobody has played music.

I've played a league where someone in the group played music—only one person. Being a pretty casual league, I just rolled with it.

In the few tournaments I've played, nobody has played music.

Actually met one of the dudes in a tournament on my card. Two weeks ago. B-Tier MA2. Guess what, he played music during the tourney. He did ask the card, played it quietly, and the group was cool with it. It was my first tournament and it was local so I didn't want to rock the boat. It didn't bother me. I won the my division. In the future I will certainly say no though during tournament play because c'mon. In casual rounds, even tag rounds, it's fine with me too as long as it isn't too loud. It's not something I do personally, but I know it's a thing that people do, whether I like it or not. Doesn't affect my play. Not gonna tell a dude not to play music if he insists upon it.

However, TWO people blasting music, different songs, right next to each other? The line must be drawn somewhere and it's way before that. The BPMs weren't even close to the same! xD

"We do it all the time. We just get in our own zone, bro."

HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!? Wait, I know the answer to that. Next question.

Yeah, unlikely to play with these dudes again if this is what they do.

Last edited:
Music does not rattle me at all. I just want to be able to communicate. Honestly, headphone guy, that has to be asked his score three times and has zero social interaction with the card, is far more annoying to me.

Yeah but what about TWO musics? Two loud musics.

I think a quick discussion, urging Moe and Curly to find a little synergy. Pick a playlist and go. If this is a challenge, cut the stooges loose and find some adult friends to play with.

What he said.

Disc Golf is supposed to be fun.
Don't play with people who make that impossible for you.

Try to broach the subject tactfully, but if they can't grow the f*** up , find a different group.

And anyone playing their music loud is simply being rude.

Last edited:
The whole world seems to have lost respect for one another. I deal with this garbage at work all the time.

Any music when in the woods, golfing seems off to me. Then add others people music to that, and we have nightmare brewing!

No surprise I also don't get blasting "Rock You Like A Hurricane" while out on a Harley ride guy. Oh well

The whole world seems to have lost respect for one another. I deal with this garbage at work all the time.

Any music when in the woods, golfing seems off to me. Then add others people music to that, and we have nightmare brewing!

No surprise I also don't get blasting "Rock You Like A Hurricane" while out on a Harley ride guy. Oh well

Well, the Harley guy could easily be experiencing hurricane force winds while riding. :D

Depends on the situation for me. Casual or tag rounds w/ the usual gang and some a well curated play list can be a nice addition to the atmosphere.
Tournament play, no thanks. Put your ear buds in.
2 separate sound tracks being blasted simultaneously on the same card in any setting, that's a no from me dawg.

Latest posts