• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it wrong to keep a found disc?

Is it wrong to keep a found disc?

• Call the number on the bottom and try to return it

Votes: 78 83.9%
  • Leave it on the next tee

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Put it in your bag

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbosprint

Double Eagle Member
Is it wrong to keep a found disc? Should you call the number and try to return it, leave it at the next tee, or put it in your bag?

Is it wrong to keep a found disc? Should you call the number and try to return it, leave it at the next tee, or put it in your bag?

Welcome to the site jimbosprint. I'd recommend doing a search on lost/found discs. The answer to your question is a flame war waiting to happen. There are a few different camps in these forums that will fight with unwavering dedication to their point of view and will result in this thread being locked or exiled to the land fill.

I say, scratch your bare balls with it, THEN call the number and tell them what you did and ask if they want it back.

Do Unto Others

I say it's always a good idea to return a disc if at all possible. I know I really appreciate it when someone gives me one back. I can only imagine they feel the same way. I like to throw Champion and Star plastic. God knows it ain't cheap to replace.

xlfsky.jpg

I say, scratch your bare balls with it, THEN call the number and tell them what you did and ask if they want it back.

Then he answers, "No thanks, I left it there cause it landed in the middle of poison ivy patch."

Not that I have called every number but if it has a number you should definately give it a call and attempt to return it. Please forgive me for the one time I didn't call the number. to the guy whose disc that was, I threw it into a lake at Fountain Hills in AZ.

I wonder why people even ask these questions....I hope that Apple prosecutes that douche that stole the iphone from the bar and sold it to the tek review web site....
You've got to make a reasonable effort to contact the owner...otherwise it's stealing. You can't willfully take posession of another's property without making an effort to return it...

Status
Not open for further replies.