• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is Ricky Wysocki Already Becoming the Next Disc Golf Legend?

Menacewarf

Double Eagle Member
It may sound like sensationalism but he is continuing to dominate. As I mentioned in another thread it is startling to think about the fact he could still be getting better. Where would that put him? Are we talking about a 1050 rated player?

He is currently already #1 in the world in most people's opinions and at such a young age the prospect of further improvement is a distinct possibility. Granted he has zero championships and twelve is an impossibly high number but would it be very far fetched for him to win two of the next five world's? That would be two before the age of 25 with at least another 15 years of Open play remaining to rack up another 5 or 6 and leave a very lasting legacy.

I hate to be the one screaming about the next big thing as player's like Nikko and David Wiggins may have been labled as such and perhaps plateaued somewhat since but at a certain point in Ricky's case I have to call a spade a spade. He is playing amazing golf, racking up big wins, and winning a lot of fan's with his sportsmanship, attitude, and amazing play!

He has choked at the two biggest tournaments this year, but if he learns how to finish he could possibly be the best ever. His skill set is all around the best in the game I believe.

he's gotta win a couple of big ones before he can even pass Schusterick.

Ricky is def the real deal. I watched this kid locally as he grew from an int. player to a top pro in a very short time (3yrs). He is only going to get better,1050 is not a stretch,I think he can get there in 2013.

Just look at his body of work since June of this year,nobody matches up to this kid.True domination!

His game is definitely more complete than most on tour. After all, who can throw as good both sidearm and backhand as he can? No one! I would say he has the potential to become the best, but his career seems a lot like Nikko's did at the start. He came out of no where, was on fire, then plateaued. Hopefully he won't, because I love his style of play, but can't really tell until he starts winning big time events.

His got the talent but this game isn't all skill you gotta have the mental aspect and it just doesn't seem like he's got that clutch gene yet. I'm not saying he can't do it but big time players make big time plays and he hasn't yet but his got a lot of time to grow.

I wouldn't call either Maple hill or USDGC a choke.

USDGC was a comeback so by definition is not really a choke and Maple Hill's 18th green is tough to hit. I am about 0 for 10 on hitting it from any distance. Also not what I consider a choke. Maybe but not clearly.

It's not too hard to think of athletes who started with a ton of promise and then fizzled out. Hope it doesn't happen with him. But most people who are on pace for greatness don't get there.

His game is definitely more complete than most on tour. After all, who can throw as good both sidearm and backhand as he can? No one! I would say he has the potential to become the best, but his career seems a lot like Nikko's did at the start. He came out of no where, was on fire, then plateaued. Hopefully he won't, because I love his style of play, but can't really tell until he starts winning big time events.

big jerm can

It's way too early to speculate whether Ricki Wysocki will be a legend. Nate Doss is 3X the legend Wysocki is, and nobody's mentioning Doss these days.

Wait until Ricki wins at least 2 Worlds before we talk of his all time status.

I wouldn't call either Maple hill or USDGC a choke.

USDGC was a comeback so by definition is not really a choke and Maple Hill's 18th green is tough to hit. I am about 0 for 10 on hitting it from any distance. Also not what I consider a choke. Maybe but not clearly.

I agree. In the final round of USDGC he was only two missed putts from tying the course record.

Latest posts