• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

is this the longest hole in the world?

Why do you count Flyboy as a course when anyone can't just go and play it? It's not listed in this site...

Hell, If we're counting courses that are closed to the public, then I've got a 10,000 foot hole at my private course. I win.

Seems like your answer to most everything is: "I can (theoretically) make something up to top that." Why so insecure? What did you actually win?:\

Why so insecure?

Insecure? I'm curious to hear how you arrived at this conclusion from my nitpicking of a course that should have been categorized into the "other" category with the temps and safari courses. Apparently, you have no real rebuttal to offer, so you present nonsense instead.

Why do you love smearing peanut butter in your hair? Obviously, from your use of a frowny face, you must LOVE to smear peanut butter in your hair. That's just as nonsensical as extrapolating insecure from what I posted.

Why do you count Flyboy as a course when anyone can't just go and play it? It's not listed in this site...

Hell, If we're counting courses that are closed to the public, then I've got a 10,000 foot hole at my private course. I win.

Tell you what, you get a few dozen DGCR members and most of the top pros out to play your course, have the same hole available for multiple events and on video, and you can count that hole on your private course. I assume you'll get right on that since these records seem really important to you.

It's not readily available as it's a private course in a private neighborhood and the owner isn't able to accommodate very often.

Tell you what, you get a few dozen DGCR members and most of the top pros out to play your course, have the same hole available for multiple events and on video, and you can count that hole on your private course. I assume you'll get right on that since these records seem really important to you.

Forgive me for using sarcasm on the internet. What was I thinking.

If you think my comment was a plea for winning a fictional contest, you are mistaken.

Connor wrote: "It's not readily available as it's a private course in a private neighborhood and the owner isn't able to accommodate very often."

How is Flyboy not a temporary course? It's ALL about playability.

Temporary represents the permanent(or lack there of) status of a course being in ground.

Flyboy is always in the ground. Oh well, we can call it whatever, it's still the best course I've ever played.

...few dozen DGCR members and most of the top pros...

A course is still a course, regardless if 1 Joe Smoe or 1,000 Top Pros play on it.

Permanent Course: Can be played anytime.
Temporary Course: Can only be played on special occasions.

Or am I wrong about what it means to be Temporary? Being "in the ground" is as good as nonexistant, if you can't play it.

Flyboy is a private, permanent course. It's always there to be played but it's under the discretion of the owner.

I feel like many private courses fall under this category but are by no means temporary.

Permanent Course: Can be played anytime.
Correct. Just not necessarily by anybody.

Temporary Course: Can only be played on special occasions.
Defined by the time the thing is physically in the ground regardless of whom may or may not have access it.

Not all that hard to understand when one isn't hellbent on being Mr. Obtuse.

Correct. Just not necessarily by anybody.

Then it really isn't "Anytime", now is it? And you called ME obtuse, sheesh....

"Yeah, this microwave ALWAYS works, but it's just broken at the moment..."

Not all that hard to understand when one isn't hellbent on being Mr. Obtuse..

I'm sure you feel you understand it very well. Everything makes sense when you don't see the flaws.

Last edited:
what do i win if i can be as annoying as this guy?

I added many to a list that I have been keeping since 1998, so thanks to all who provided all of the new hole info. I also made a few corrections. I used DGCR as the canonical source for lengths, so if a hole is not listed on DGCR then it is not on my list. My list is here at my course review info website.

I decided not to include Swain in my main list until the course is open, but I will try to make the change after the course is listed on DGCR.

P.S.- I had a website called "Disc Golf Course Reviews" before DGCR was in existence.

Last edited:
Awesome, Olorin! :clap:Thank you. That's a great resource.
When Adam Jones (who has been around the sport for quite a while) got that twinkle in his eye, and was asking if 1117' at Osage Grove was going to be the longest in Ohio, we weren't sure. Now if anyone notes a longer one, we have a link to check.

When Adam Jones (who has been around the sport for quite a while) got that twinkle in his eye, and was asking if 1117' at Osage Grove was going to be the longest in Ohio, we weren't sure.
Thanks Sisyphus. Glad the list is helpful.

So I just checked Osage Grove and Gold 16, long position, is only 691 ft. And looking at the map I'm not sure how they could even stretch it to 1117. Can someone clear this up?

Thanks Sisyphus. Glad the list is helpful.

So I just checked Osage Grove and Gold 16, long position, is only 691 ft. And looking at the map I'm not sure how they could even stretch it to 1117. Can someone clear this up?

Yeah, sorry, that does need clarification. The current tee is the 'short' one, which plays 691 to the long pin position and 560 or so to the short. We played the ultra long tee in a tourney a year or so ago, which backs up to the road (parallel to the 15th tee), and plays between the soybean field and the woods that guard the short tee, bends there through the gap, and then out to the two mounds. (I just drew this to compare with the course map).

They are planning to install the long set of tees this summer, which would convert what was temporary into permanent. In the meantime, based on how the list is supposed to exclude temp or future holes, I suppose it should drop off the list until it becomes permanent. :(