• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Longest hole in the World

In defense of the 1000+ hole there's Riverbend DGC (aka Milo McIver). Hole #2 in the 27 hole layout (#14 in the BSF layout) is 1185 from the long tee. Every shot has to be shaped, and you may have to play a mid or fairway for position before you can even see the pin. (I'm sure there are other worthy 1000+ holes)

Usually I've made 4 drives on #2 at Milo before I even catch sight of the pin. It's a good hole, though. #17 at Blue Lake is a decent 1000+ ft. hole, too.

Lemon Lake Gold #8 is 1150. Not just long for the same of being long. Takes a little bit of placement, anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mountain Lake DGC hole 9 is a 1027' (blue tee) par 5 that is has it all. Start off with a 400'+ drive downhill in a wide open fairway. Be careful though the last 600'+ are in the woods with a narrow fairway and low ceiling. The trick is to get your drive to line up with the gap in the woods that provides access to the fairway beyond. Tee shot too far or short and you can easily waste a shot just to get lined up with the gap. So while the tendency might be to grip and rip on the tee, if you don't control your distance this strategy may cost you strokes.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=6420&mode=media&start=3&page=1&cimg=130063#

our local 1020' hole is a fun one. it curves around the water, so you try to get your drive to where you think you can take a shortcut across the water. when the water freezes in the winter you can get real daring.
53961531.jpg

The new/temp hole "3 White" at Diamond X measures out at 1188'. The tee is probably 40' higher than the target, but most of that elevation advantage is gone after the first tee shot, and even the biggest arms are still looking at distance drivers for their 2nd throw. There's fence OB to the left the entire hole (target is maybe 25' feet from the fence, so it comes into play for even the safest strategists) and right of the fairway is a sloping hillside with lots of bushes, boulders, etc.

The fairway has a few rolling hills that look subtle from the tee pad, but when you get down in them you realize that they're easily tall enough to block your line of sight. Same for some of the bushes: they don't look that harsh from the tee, but when you land in one you realize it's 7' tall and 15' wide. There are a few safe-ish landing zones where you have good footing to set up subsequent throws.

It's by no means a record-settingly long hole, but I do think it's a good example of how big distance can be executed decently with technical challenges in the mix. This is also a case where breaking it into 2 shorter holes would be comparatively boring. There are lots of the 300-400' placement drives at Diamond X, but this is the only case where you have a variety of options to place a drive with the intent off setting up another full-power bomb.

Mountain Lake DGC hole 9 is a 1027' (blue tee) par 5 that is has it all. Start off with a 400'+ drive downhill in a wide open fairway. Be careful though the last 600'+ are in the woods with a narrow fairway and low ceiling. The trick is to get your drive to line up with the gap in the woods that provides access to the fairway beyond. Tee shot too far or short and you can easily waste a shot just to get lined up with the gap. So while the tendency might be to grip and rip on the tee, if you don't control your distance this strategy may cost you strokes.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=6420&mode=media&start=3&page=1&cimg=130063#

this is an awesome, awesome hole.

Since this thread has transitioned into a "My favorite long hole" thread, my vote is for #18 at 1008 ft at the Black Course in Moundsville, WV. Fun, huge, downhill bomb where wind can play a major factor.

http://dgcour.se/3640

Flyboys Viper Layout Hole 2 is the runway hole. Technically an extinct course, but I was able to play it less than a month ago... 1800 foot par 7 playing down the runway.

There was a temp hole in 2016 at Lake Marshall 1290' par 5 it is now hole 11 a 910' par 4

Longest current hole is 1012' hole #12 island green with water on every shot

1000 ft holes... you got to love them every once in a while. A 4 on a 1000ft hole is no gimme... or a 3 on a down hill 1000 footer would just be a blast.

What is the longest hole in the world?

This is only for currently active holes, so extinct courses don't officially count. Please only post holes longer than the current longest hole, and add pictures whenever possible. Please give the length, hole number, course, and location.

Even though extinct courses don't officially count but they would still be nice to see, so feel free to post them but just note that they are extinct.

To get this started:
1503 ft

Campgaw Reservation - Blue/Black in Mahwah, NJ. Hole 18 Blue/Black

590669a0.jpg

It looks like the basket is across a road or an asphalt parking lot. Is that the case?
0837308e.jpg

This is my home course. The blue and black layouts are permanent but are not open all year round as the mountain is used for skiers and snowboarders in the winter time. There is a shorter green course in the same woods around the hill that is open all year round. As for the basket itself, it is at the bottom of the hill across the first road. There are two asphalt roads/walking paths. One is for the general public to walk to the lodge and the other is for staff which goes behind the lodge where there is equipment storage and other things. The basket is between these two roads/paths. You can see a small group of pines at the bottom of the hill on the right side. The basket is in the middle of that group of pines and usually is played as an island green. The actual parking lot is at the bottom of the hill, but off the left.

Flyboys Viper Layout Hole 2 is the runway hole. Technically an extinct course, but I was able to play it less than a month ago... 1800 foot par 7 playing down the runway.
So is there anything to this hole other than it being really long? I'm assuming it flat and open since it's a runway. It sounds like the definition of long for the sake of being long unless there are some cool features somewhere along the way. I haven't played it, so I'd like to hear from people who have. I'm thinking 1,800' is going to be the longest hole we are going to find.

So is there anything to this hole other than it being really long? I'm assuming it flat and open since it's a runway. It sounds like the definition of long for the sake of being long unless there are some cool features somewhere along the way. I haven't played it, so I'd like to hear from people who have. I'm thinking 1,800' is going to be the longest hole we are going to find.

The tee is off to the side of the fairway, it is slightly gradually downhill the entire way and the runway is grass that feels just like football field grass and is perfectly manicured. The runway is 90 feet wide and if you land off of it, it is OB, but we just played where you bring it in even with where you landed. When we played there, Kelly (Flyboy owner) hadn't planned on playing it so he didn't drive the basket down there, because they don't keep the basket there permanently for that hole. We played to hit a bulldozer that was parked on a big, steep downhill area at the end of the runway. For the most part it is just throw as far as you can shot after shot, but it's not a wide open field.

Latest posts