• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is THIS what we want?

Do you want more of this in disc golf?

• Yes

Votes: 23 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 79 54.1%
  • Shut the hell up

Votes: 44 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can't read? Really?

How many holes are used by DGPT, NT and Majors?

How many holes have elevated baskets?

How many baskets are on a mound?

How many baskets are near (you talking 10', 20', 30'?) OB?

How many baskets are obstructed by artificial obstacles?

Until you can cite that data, I won't take you seriously.

How many holes are used by DGPT, NT and Majors?

How many holes have elevated baskets?

How many baskets are on a mound?

How many baskets are near (you talking 10', 20', 30'?) OB?

How many baskets are obstructed by artificial obstacles?

Until you can cite that data, I won't take you seriously.

Who needs data, just watch every event and you will see it all over the place. Sometimes you will have multiple gimmicks on each hole. I don't think you watch disc golf, thats completely being honest too. I would say it's rare to even have one hole without some gimmick wether it be artificial OB, a raised basket or on a mound, poop sticks, basket next to OB, triple or double mando, etc....

Though it is my opinion he is the best, it is shared by many as well.
The most promoted, the most active, the most read, the most courses, but there are several whose expert light has been under a bushel basket are considered master designers among those who design professionally. Using John's opinion does not speak for say the top 20 designers. It's simply hyperbole to promote it as so.

Who needs data, just watch every event and you will see it all over the place. Sometimes you will have multiple gimmicks on each hole. I don't think you watch disc golf, thats completely being honest too. I would say it's rare to even have one hole without some gimmick wether it be artificial OB, a raised basket or on a mound, poop sticks, basket next to OB, triple or double mando, etc....

So, you haven't done your research. Got it.

The most promoted, the most active, the most read, the most courses, but there are several whose expert light has been under a bushel basket are considered master designers among those who design professionally. Using John's opinion does not speak for say the top 20 designers. It's simply hyperbole to promote it as so.

Slight exaggeration, we simply haven't heard other "top" course designers speak one way or the other on the topic. At least I haven't read about it. Just like Ricky Wysocki hasn't ever spoken about wanting to challenge putting, yet he is out there on video with a bullseye basket throwing shots in from 140 feet. He's also playing in a few of the events put on with Marksman baskets.

Slight exaggeration, we simply haven't heard other "top" course designers speak one way or the other on the topic. At least I haven't read about it.
Top designers can speak by what equipment they install on their courses or what their clients would prefer. Haven't yet heard of a course being installed with skinny baskets, even in the long positions on courses with two baskets per hole. Do you suppose McBeth has a set of Marksman's in storage ready to pop in on his course for a sanctioned event there? That would be one way to move the skinny basket initiative forward or possibly backward.

To sum up the topic.

-We have only 15% that like the current trend of disc golf course design in general (poop sticks/raised baskets/miles of rope/baskets placed on top of mounds/etc.).

-We have the best course designers in the world in favor of making putting challenging for the pro players by changing to a smaller/different target.

-We have almost all the top pro's and many am's as well wanting a change to start at least on the top level.

-We have 3 bots and 2 novice trolls on DGCR against the idea.

Wow, I thought they were exaggerating but holy hell this is COMEDY GOLD. I seriously can't stop giggling- this is like fireworks but with ridiculous, unsubstantiated opinions and wildly inaccurate assumptions. I'm going to get more popcorn, this is great.

Top designers can speak by what equipment they install on their courses or what their clients would prefer. Haven't yet heard of a course being installed with skinny baskets, even in the long positions on courses with two baskets per hole. Do you suppose McBeth has a set of Marksman's in storage ready to pop in on his course for a sanctioned event there? That would be one way to move the skinny basket initiative forward or possibly backward.

Skinny baskets do not conform for top tier events. In fact I would say no basket exists now in production that would work well. So no McBeth isn't installing Marksmans, he's installing PDGA conforming baskets.

Wow, I thought they were exaggerating but holy hell this is COMEDY GOLD. I seriously can't stop giggling- this is like fireworks but with ridiculous, unsubstantiated opinions and wildly inaccurate assumptions. I'm going to get more popcorn, this is great.

Did you miss the poll up top or miss the articles and videos with said top pro's mentioning the need to change equipment? Yes you did.

Skinny baskets do not conform for top tier events. In fact I would say no basket exists now in production that would work well. So no McBeth isn't installing Marksmans, he's installing PDGA conforming baskets.
This seems easy.

McBeth is the guy that keeps getting mentioned that wants skinny baskets. McBeth is rolling in cash and has Discraft wrapped around his finger. DGA is co-dependent on Discraft. Get McBeth to bankroll a McBeth basket made by DGA/sold by Discraft and get the PDGA to do some sort of DGPT/NT certification for the thing. McBeth you know has the pull to do this and we know he easily has the cash to put behind prototyping a thin basket.

Get on your guy to make it so.

This seems easy.

McBeth is the guy that keeps getting mentioned that wants skinny baskets. McBeth is rolling in cash and has Discraft wrapped around his finger. DGA is co-dependent on Discraft. Get McBeth to bankroll a McBeth basket made by DGA/sold by Discraft and get the PDGA to do some sort of DGPT/NT certification for the thing. McBeth you know has the pull to do this and we know he easily has the cash to put behind prototyping a thin basket.

Get on your guy to make it so.

He could but he hasn't. I suppose he is too busy rolling in money. Like I said before, why mess with things that are making you millions? Still I would give him mad props if he did bankroll and push new basket design, instead his new signature McBeth basket is just a rebadged DGA something. Forget the model.

Latest posts