• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is THIS what we want?

Do you want more of this in disc golf?

• Yes

Votes: 23 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 79 54.1%
  • Shut the hell up

Votes: 44 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Emoney

* Ace Member *
This was installed for a tournament coming up in Belton TX. I understand when you repurpose a ball golf course for disc golf, you may need to figure out ways to add challenge.

BUT

Is this what we want to see? Would it be fun to see the pros play on a course full if man made obstacles?

Thoughts?

*i did not write the caption in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG5508641413037223991.jpg
    IMG5508641413037223991.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,022
I have a friend building a course on his property. He is trying to get a 10 foot diameter culvert as a mando. Literally a tunnel shot.

I don't mind elevated/hanging baskets or the triple mandos with flags on 200' open holes, but the mozzarella sticks somehow seem disingenuine.

i really dont care

tbh tho it could be moar visually appealing with other items rather than adult store themed items

would rather watch this obstacle style over the golf courses style

I'm not a fan of obstacles made of naked building materials, but dress 'em up a little and I might be all right with it.

I joke that out here on the plains we ought to run around on Dec. 26th buying up all the artificial Christmas trees that are on clearance sale just to have a trailer load of 6' "pine trees" we can use to add temporary challenge to otherwise featureless holes.

Hard to judge without context plus it appears under construction. When dealing with erosion, drought, fire damage, invasive species, disease, delicate species, etc manmade maintenance-free obstacles make sense.

OH LAWDY NO A GIMMICK

Actually I am not opposed to things like this so long as every other reasonable avenue has been explored to create challenge on a hole before putting up artificial obstacles. Sometimes the land just doesn't offer the kind of challenges DG'ers want. If anyone else wants to try this I would think it wise to try out a temporary obstacle for a while before committing to something permanent.

At first I thought it was a barrier to help discs not land (and get scuffed up) in what appears to be a flood control culvert. But a small fence might have been easier to install for that. I wonder if those are trees / shrubs that was planted in the pvc pipes. This one is a head turner.... lol..

I don't see it as much of an obstacle, with the size and distance from the basket. And what's with the gravel?

Plus, it looks like a lot of work to install, for so little effect.

Was it really put in just to add an obstacle to the green?

That was my question as well. If it is meant as an obstacle it is one that will generate really random results.

I don't understand or like what I see, but I don't think seeing those on a broadcast makes much difference to my experience.

Same if I played a course with them. You try to throw around them the same way you would throw around a tree or bush or something.

At first I thought it was a barrier to help discs not land (and get scuffed up) in what appears to be a flood control culvert. But a small fence might have been easier to install for that. I wonder if those are trees / shrubs that was planted in the pvc pipes. This one is a head turner.... lol..

As I look again, I think you might be right that it's a deflection from discs reaching the gravel, and not an obstacle for putting. The way they're arranged looks like a deflection, for throws coming from the opposite direction.

And a very poor one, at that. Particular for rollaways.

But either way, it's a bit of a headscratcher.

If it is designed to be a putting obstacle, my response would be, if you're going to do it, do it better.

Latest posts