• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been mentioned before, but I'd like to see the filters reset automatically when browsing the maps. I also don't think they're working fully yet. Or at least all the time. Horseshoe Pond park will not show up no matter what I do. It's a practice area and I've yet to see it on the map on the new site, even filtering, clearing, etc.

I also miss the top courses tab, where you could select by state. I figured out how to do this but it's a pain in my ass. That's also why my map wasn't showing any courses. Because I didn't clear my filters. Which leads me back to my first point. ^

Season 3 Ugh GIF by Parks and Recreation
I think this is two different issues, but yeah I agree with both!
- Filters getting "remembered" until I figure out why searching for something else isn't getting me any results, and going back to manually clear them.
- Practice areas not showing up on the map.

I don't know if this is a general issue, or just another issue I ran into with a specific course.

I added this course last night. It's on a ball golf course. I thought I ticked the appropriate option when making the course, but I may not have. I later noticed that the option wasn't enabled so I went in to update the info and found that it will not update. I can enable the option and click "Submit" and nothing happens. I can update other course info - that's the only option that won't update.

ط
OId reviews that have recently been updated are showing the 2 years icon, even when the "last played" shows a recent date. Also, we used to have reviews that have been updated get sorted at the top, since they theoretically contain more up to date information than reviews that haven't been updated as recently.
This has been fixed .. thank you

Two previously reported issues remain. Can you estimate when they might be fixed? Thank you!

1. Courses - Browse Map - Filters: Map reverts to my home location whenever filters are set or cleared. Originally reported July 20th.

2. Courses - Browse Map - Filters: The "9 holes or fewer" filter is not working. Originally reported July 18th.

Perhaps you have spoiled us by fixing so many other problems so quickly. ;)
This has been fixed .. thank you

It's been mentioned before, but I'd like to see the filters reset automatically when browsing the maps. I also don't think they're working fully yet. Or at least all the time. Horseshoe Pond park will not show up no matter what I do. It's a practice area and I've yet to see it on the map on the new site, even filtering, clearing, etc.

I also miss the top courses tab, where you could select by state. I figured out how to do this but it's a pain in my ass. That's also why my map wasn't showing any courses. Because I didn't clear my filters. Which leads me back to my first point. ^

Season 3 Ugh GIF by Parks and Recreation

I will put a notice below filters ( you have the following filters selected 1-xxx , 2-xxx with option to clear them ) .. this will be an easy way for users to see why they have no results

I don't know if this is a general issue, or just another issue I ran into with a specific course.

I added this course last night. It's on a ball golf course. I thought I ticked the appropriate option when making the course, but I may not have. I later noticed that the option wasn't enabled so I went in to update the info and found that it will not update. I can enable the option and click "Submit" and nothing happens. I can update other course info - that's the only option that won't update.

This has been fixed .. thank you!

I've pushed some updates to "browse maps" page
1- Ability to zoom to US zip code
2- Ability to specify range (25,50,75,100,125) in km or mi
3- Ability to apply filters and other actions without reloading the page and losing current marker position
4- Fixed 9 holes or less filter
1692231903644.png

more updates will come soon
Thank you

This has been fixed .. thank you!
Follow up related issue (I think?)

Now the option saves correctly (thanks!), but I don't see where it shows up on the course info page. Unless I'm missing something? I was expecting it to show up under the "Misc. Info" section.

And a second very small thing - In that "Misc. Info" section, I kind of miss having the little icons next to each bit of info. Apparently I look at symbols instead of actually reading. :LOL: So for example, a little tent symbol next to "Camping Nearby". A little dollar emoji/symbol next to "Pay to Play". Etc. Any chance we could get a modernized version of those back?

THANK YOU!!

I've pushed some updates to "browse maps" page
1- Ability to zoom to US zip code
2- Ability to specify range (25,50,75,100,125) in km or mi
3- Ability to apply filters and other actions without reloading the page and losing current marker position
4- Fixed 9 holes or less filter
View attachment 315305

more updates will come soon
Thank you
Thanks for the continued updates. I'll just add that for some of us a 125 mile range is still annoyingly small. I would like to see this much larger, bigger the better. Note: I'm thinking for those of us who love to filter out courses played from the map. And are planning to play more and more.

Last edited:
So instead maybe 25,50,100,250,500

I'm cool with how it is now. From my location that gets me from Milwaukee to damn near St Paul. at 125 miles. If we could get it to 500 miles I wouldn't complain though. :cool:

I'd just like note that you guys/gals are killing it as far as addressing any issues we bring up. It's much appreciated and borderline heroic.

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

Thanks for the continued updates. I'll just add that for some of us a 125 mile range is still annoyingly small. I would like to see this much larger, bigger the better. Note: I'm thinking for those of us who love to filter out courses played from the map. And are planning to play more and more.
I agree. When I'm searching for unplayed courses, my results usually START at 125 miles away. :)

Site ok? Forums barely load and I can't get course pages to load correctly.

Got videos, photos and reviews to add but can't....

Not having any problems...
It takes me over a full minute to load any pages on the forum.

I can't even mark a course as played, much less upload photos or reviews.

20230817-204644.jpg

Side note: Holy shit, everything about trying to remove a quoted post from a quick reply is so damn bad. I tried every different way I could think of....selecting all the text and pressing backspace, pressing insert quote and deleting the quotes, refreshing the page, clicking quote the same post again....

Finally said fuck it and just posted empty quote boxes the site refused to let me delete because it was faster than messing with it.

Just awful. How can quoting posts on this forum handle worse than quoting posts on forums did....in the 1990's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts