• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search issue (might be user error). I tried to use the search function (magnifying glass at the top) to find a course by name. The results showed forum posts that mentioned the course, but didn't produce a link to the course itself. So I'm not sure how to find a course, except by using the map view...

Search issue (might be user error). I tried to use the search function (magnifying glass at the top) to find a course by name. The results showed forum posts that mentioned the course, but didn't produce a link to the course itself. So I'm not sure how to find a course, except by using the map view...
There is a filter tab next to the search box that gives the option to filter by course.

Premium Member Issue:
The upvotes used to be listed in order of most recent to oldest. When I was going through new votes this morning, the newer upvotes for a course seemed to be randomly listed among the others.

Premium Member Wishlist:
It would be great to filter for most recent up (or down) votes, to see recent activity.

Thank you for your responsiveness throughout this thread!

Is this just me or is anyone else having this issue?

"No items to display."

Attachments

• Is this just me.png
    Is this just me.png
    192 KB · Views: 0
The Browser map utilizes your precise current location if you have granted the site permission to access it. In the absence of location access, the site will utilize the zip code you have provided in your profile to obtain an approximate longitude/latitude for that area. If no zip code has been provided, the site will guess your location based on your IP address (this wasn't working , now fixed).
Can you add an option to enter your zipcode on the map? I just automatically click "no" when the pop up comes up that asks "this page would like your permission for .." our of habit, so that's been done. My address is still where I used to live, so I can fix that, but I also travel enough and like to look at where I'm going ahead of time, usually by map. Or is this feature there and I just missed it?
This wasn't well unit tested.
Technically unit tests would never catch most of the issues reported, since they're primarily UX choices. And a major redesign is going to have hiccups no matter what, and complaints no matter what as people get used to the new ways. But since this is a personal project, and likely the devs are not UX designers, I think this is the best way to get feedback on how to improve the site overall. Try stuff and work out the kinks as it goes.

Can you add an option to enter your zipcode on the map? I just automatically click "no" when the pop up comes up that asks "this page would like your permission for .." our of habit, so that's been done. My address is still where I used to live, so I can fix that, but I also travel enough and like to look at where I'm going ahead of time, usually by map. Or is this feature there and I just missed it?
Sure, you can edit zip code on your account details (this option is currently hidden and will be back later today)

Sure, you can edit zip code on your account details (this option is currently hidden and will be back later today)
I know I can edit my zip on my account details, but if I'm planning a trip or something, I don't want to edit my home zipcode, I just want to search by the new zipcode, or some other way to search the location I'm going to, from the map. I don't see that option currently.

How do I filter my Disc Organizer list like I used to be able to under the old site, e.g. by Mfg & mold, etc.?
How do I filter my Scoreboook rounds like I used to be able to, e.g. by date range?

I know I can edit my zip on my account details, but if I'm planning a trip or something, I don't want to edit my home zipcode, I just want to search by the new zipcode, or some other way to search the location I'm going to, from the map. I don't see that option currently.
There is a filter option to find courses near a US zip code, it works fine but I will update it to auto adjust map center when selected .. we will look in making it more friendly for that purpose.

There is a filter option to find courses near a US zip code, it works fine but I will update it to auto adjust map center when selected .. we will look in making it more friendly for that purpose.
As of now, when I enter my zip on the filter, it doesn't seem to apply the filter. I am in the Houston area, but I used to live in Dallas. The map stays on DFW and shows courses there. When I move the map to Houston, I still see no courses though. After scrolling, I have to click on the map to then show the filtered results. But also, if I have the city entered, along with the zip, and I have distance from zip set to "any", it only shows courses in that city. I think if I have distance set to any, I would still want to search outside of the city.

As of now, when I enter my zip on the filter, it doesn't seem to apply the filter. I am in the Houston area, but I used to live in Dallas. The map stays on DFW and shows courses there. When I move the map to Houston, I still see no courses though. After scrolling, I have to click on the map to then show the filtered results. But also, if I have the city entered, along with the zip, and I have distance from zip set to "any", it only shows courses in that city. I think if I have distance set to any, I would still want to search outside of the city.
Thanks for the info, I will check it

Status
Not open for further replies.