• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just added a new course but neglected to choose the location (doh!) and so now it says the course is where I currently am, which is incorrect. How can we edit course info?

I just added a new course but neglected to choose the location (doh!) and so now it says the course is where I currently am, which is incorrect. How can we edit course info?
Go to the course you created and click update info button at top right

What's up the the seemingly auto-generated threads in the course discussion forum? A bunch of these literally have no posts other than the system created OP. Seems like people are starting many of these by accident.

1690217155226.png

Oh duh. Thanks. I probably read that at some point in this thread too. Thanks Dev. :)

Reactions: Dev
This is coming soon , probably tomorrow

Great, thanks so much! I appreciate the quick response! I am really impressed with how well everything functions. I'm not going to go into detail but I have noticed quite a few improvements over the previous version. I am not someone who likes change and was honestly upset initially but am now very pleased. Assuming the courses played list issue is resolved, I will literally say that every single thing is equal to or better than before. This site means a great deal to many of us so thanks for taking care of it!

Still unable to edit hole info for courses with more than 3 pin positions or courses that have no hole info. All edit hole info will allow you to do is change pin positions between the 3 options that were already there or change elevation. We need to be able to change par for the hole and distance as well.

Scorebook bug: Total distance isn't correct:
1690230498668.png

McPherson Park - July 14

Maybe it's just me, but I find the old site's Scorebook data entry screen much faster to use. I'd set focus on hole #1's score and could quickly enter a whole round of scores with a sequence like: 3, down-arrow, 2, down-arrow, 3, down-arrow, etc.. The down-arrow changed focus to the next hole. Repeat that sequence for putts.

The new site's data entry screen has spinner boxes, and the arrow keys just spin the score/putt number. Changing focus requires multiple Tabs to get to the next line/hole or cumbersome mouse clicks.

I've faithfully put almost every round I've ever played into the DGCR scorebook, but without a quicker/easier way to shift focus this new interface could be the end of the line for that streak.

Still unable to edit hole info for courses with more than 3 pin positions or courses that have no hole info. All edit hole info will allow you to do is change pin positions between the 3 options that were already there or change elevation. We need to be able to change par for the hole and distance as well.
is this something that changed since the update or a new feature you want to add ?
can you please explain how this was doable on the old hole edit page ?
1690233827044.png

Maybe it's just me, but I find the old site's Scorebook data entry screen much faster to use. I'd set focus on hole #1's score and could quickly enter a whole round of scores with a sequence like: 3, down-arrow, 2, down-arrow, 3, down-arrow, etc.. The down-arrow changed focus to the next hole. Repeat that sequence for putts.

The new site's data entry screen has spinner boxes, and the arrow keys just spin the score/putt number. Changing focus requires multiple Tabs to get to the next line/hole or cumbersome mouse clicks.

I've faithfully put almost every round I've ever played into the DGCR scorebook, but without a quicker/easier way to shift focus this new interface could be the end of the line for that streak.
This is a simple change
added it to my TODO

is this something that changed since the update or a new feature you want to add ?
can you please explain how this was doable on the old hole edit page ?
View attachment 313493
This is something that changed since the update. Besides being able to select pin positions we had the ability to edit par/hole distance before. Could click in those boxes with par/distance and change as needed. All that info comes from the users. Recently played a course with no hole info, ranged each hole & was gonna add it to the course but it won't let me anymore. Played another course that has outdated hole info since they put in their permanent pin positions w/signage. Took pics of the signs, added those and was gonna update the hole info to what's current and accurate… again won't let me. Played my local course a week ago that has more than 3 pin positions on many holes and wanted to update hole info to what's correct but I can't anymore. This is crucial to getting the most accurate rating for your rounds. Just a few examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.