• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, I think it's a little too focused on "what's new" especially for the actual level of activity that we have. I think the only things that really stay fresh enough that I'd care about "what's new" on a daily/hourly basis are course reviews, forum posts, and maybe rounds recorded and courses added. I'd rather see more focus on the top rated courses as well as the course of the day, like I was thinking in my mockup from a couple weeks ago. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/attachments/313095-773cfde95b619b66d15f48fc30483e80-png.313114/

Quick question regarding the DGCR app....

After I pick a course on the map, I can see the course and hole details, but when I try to tap the photos, reviews and links/files, the app just crashes. I already logged out and back in a few times.

Is this a known issue that is already being addressed or something I have to accept on the app version and go to the web page if I want to take a look at the pics and reviews?

Not an issue, per se:

In the before times, one could search all members from a particular state, and then sort that list by total number of courses played. If there's a way to do that now I'm missing it.

And a question. I noticed the link at the bottom for beginner friendly courses. How is that determined, total length, or something else?

Thanks!

Not an issue, per se:

In the before times, one could search all members from a particular state, and then sort that list by total number of courses played. If there's a way to do that now I'm missing it.

Click on "Members", select "Top Course Baggers", and then filter by country and state/province

FYI - On my Ipad this is the ONLY menu available (see below) under members …. On my iphone I CAN get to the sub menu to get to baggers …..

IMG_0646.png

something i'd like to see:

what's new-->reviews--> gives a list of the most recent reviews

i'd like to see more info on each review listed: city & state, rating, etc... the way it is on the home page. seeing all that info is key for me when deciding which reviews i want to read.

it's nice seeing the experimentation on the home page layout. i hope to see reviews up top as it is the main point of the site. then new courses. nearly all the other stuff seems pretty superfluous to me.

and a question...

i noticed there is no longer a required time interval between voting on a particular member's reviews. i like this for up votes but is it the same for down votes? i would recommend that it not be as it's easily abused.

also, is this the best thread for these comments? sorry, still getting my bearings with the new look and small doses helps this stubborn bastard acclimate.

Why have some reviews disappeared? I've noticed this somewhat frequently since the transition.

For example, I was on DiscChainBasket18's profile page. I clicked on his review for Shoally Creek (Shoally Creek DGC - Reviews). On the Shoally Creek page, he does NOT have a review listed there. Why is that?

i lost 2 and have no idea which ones they are

i assumed this would be one but it's on my list. that review was hidden before the update due to a redesign. looking at it now, i see that the course page only says 2 reviews but it actually shows all the previously hidden reviews too.

is it possible to make our review list on our profiles a single long page again, like our courses played list? that would make digging through a long list of reviews quite a bit easier. i usually ctrl-f to search that list.

I have no clue how to change my avatar or profile pic or whatever it's called. It's pissing me off tonight so I'm quitting on that (again). I got the image to show up and I'm able to "center" it and it says to hit Okay. I do that and nothing happens. I also have zero clue how to change the "Well Known Member" under my name. That should be easy enough, or so I thought. No idea how to do that. I really hate that that replaced *Ace Member*.

Just change mine to "Phallic Member" if anything please. At least it's unique. I do go hard as a MFer.

I have no clue how to change my avatar or profile pic or whatever it's called. It's pissing me off tonight so I'm quitting on that (again). I got the image to show up and I'm able to "center" it and it says to hit Okay. I do that and nothing happens. I also have zero clue how to change the "Well Known Member" under my name. That should be easy enough, or so I thought. No idea how to do that. I really hate that that replaced *Ace Member*.

Just change mine to "Phallic Member" if anything please. At least it's unique. I do go hard as a MFer.
To change your avatar/PFP:
1. Click on the very upper right corner of any page where it has your current PFP and a down arrow next to it. A drop down menu will appear.
2. Click on "Account Details" in the list.
3. Click the "Delete" button to delete your current avatar (maybe try this first if what you mean is that you knew all of this but it isn't working).
4. Click the "Choose File" button to upload a new one.
FWIW - I seem to be having issues with the profile banner not showing up. So maybe it's a bug actually. The avatar part obviously worked OK for me though.

The little bit of text under your name is just below that on the same page where it says "Custom title".

This may have been mentioned previously in this thread, but will we be getting our achievement badges back? Along these same lines, we used to have a Hall of Fame, where we could see which achievement levels members had hit. For example, we could see all the members who had played 50 states, had 25 aces, covered 2000 miles, etc. For me, the achievement levels were a very fun and important part of the old site.

I am getting used to how this new site functions and am very happy with some of the updates. Keep up the good work!

Click on "Members", select "Top Course Baggers", and then filter by country and state/province
That gets me a list of people who have played the most courses in a single state. What I'm looking for is a list of that state's residents who've bagged the most courses everywhere.

it's using a modern theming as we focus on the mobile first experience.
With this is mind, do you know when the app with be available for download? I deleted it 20 days ago thinking I could reload it and solve its problems, but as far as I can tell, it still isn't available for non-FruitPhone users.

On sorting Members... I'd also like to see all members listed with the fields in columns. And with that I want to be able to sort each column.
One member field that I want to see is "DGCR Member #" and to be able to sort this ascending and descending.

To change your avatar/PFP:
1. Click on the very upper right corner of any page where it has your current PFP and a down arrow next to it. A drop down menu will appear.
2. Click on "Account Details" in the list.
3. Click the "Delete" button to delete your current avatar (maybe try this first if what you mean is that you knew all of this but it isn't working).
4. Click the "Choose File" button to upload a new one.
FWIW - I seem to be having issues with the profile banner not showing up. So maybe it's a bug actually. The avatar part obviously worked OK for me though.

The little bit of text under your name is just below that on the same page where it says "Custom title".

My man!!! (y)

I never would've thought to click that down arrow on the far right next to my profile. I'm actually kinda shocked I didn't somehow accidentally do that once.

I hope Greens gets some kind of FAQ's or how to thing up at some point. I'm pretty terrible with computers. I could barely work the old site after many, many years lol. I appreciate the help though. It took like 7 seconds to do what I was trying to do for a couple hours.

im smart the office GIF

I never would've thought to click that down arrow on the far right next to my profile.
I'm exactly the same. I never noticed that small down arrow until someone pointed it out.

I was the same with the little envelope icon to the left of that. It did not occur to me that it would lead me to Private Messages (now Conversations).

I hope Greens gets some kind of FAQ's or how to thing up at some point.
That's gotta be on his To Do list, if only for the sake of his sanity. It will eventually be far easier for the staff to just insert a link instead of continuing to cut and paste the same answer multiple times for each new info request.

I REALLY appreciate how fast Greens, Dev, and other power users answer these How To questions during this transition!!

Last edited:
please consider "resetting" filters on the browse course/maps once that section of the site is exited

if im moar than a couple of hours or days out and then i go back on it it just continues the settings i forgot about and its frustrating to have to manually reset it when im on a new hunt

Hey, how do I get the system to quit emailing me every time someone posts in a thread I've posted in? I've been all through the settings turning off things, but apparently haven't found the right one yet.

Hey, how do I get the system to quit emailing me every time someone posts in a thread I've posted in? I've been all through the settings turning off things, but apparently haven't found the right one yet.
On the "Preferences" page within Settings, I have the following options DISABLED (listed from top to bottom):
- "Receive forum activity newsletter"
- "and receive email notifications" under "Automatically watch content you create"
- "and receive email notifications" under "Automatically watch content you interact with"
- "Receive push notification when a new conversation message is received". AND I also have push notifications (just above that) entirely disabled, although I can't remember if it was already like that or not.

Is one of those the culprit for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts