• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like there's a character limit to hole info notes that is causing some of the longer descriptions for hole info to go missing.

When looking at the courses map on my profile, the old version of the site had a way to easily see which courses I had an hadn't reviewed. It appears that the checkbox for "reviewed" was changed to "guiding".

1691784116059.png

I'm not sure if the intent was just to add "Guiding" as an option without removing "Reviewed", but I would like to have "reviewed" back.

When looking at the courses map on my profile, the old version of the site had a way to easily see which courses I had an hadn't reviewed. It appears that the checkbox for "reviewed" was changed to "guiding".

I'm not sure if the intent was just to add "Guiding" as an option without removing "Reviewed", but I would like to have "reviewed" back.
Along with this - I liked how originally the courses page would show the map FIRST. Right now with it going to the list first it's not as fun visually. Also, it'd be cool if the course list could be collapsed by state. I only have 102 courses played but I've gotta imagine it's also a PITA for people who've played 1,000 courses to easily navigate that page w/o having to scroll for days. On top of all this, and I've mentioned this before - while I like seeing states played on the reviews tab, I think it definitely belongs on the courses tab, if not on someone's main profile page.

How do you search for a course by name? I don't see a box for that.
It took me awhile to find it, but if you go to the general search for the site, you can filter it to search courses. I would like a more intuitive way to do this from the course tab.

1691784738151.png

There seems to be a glitch with pictures posting on the new site. See this thread:

Post pics of your Disc Dog (clicky)

Based on pictures I posted, it seems that the new site code does not like links to external hosting sites (Zenfolio, etc.).

The new system for posting pics is great, by the way. But it would be nice to see the older pictures, too.

Last edited:
There seems to be a glitch with pictures posting on the new site. See this thread:

Post pics of your Disc Dog (clicky)

Based on pictures I posted, it seems that the new site code does not like links to external hosting sites (Zenfolio, etc.).

The new system for posting pics is great, by the way. But it would be nice to see the older pictures, too.
your pics display fine for me
1691846038293.png
probably there is a connection issue between you and the external image host.

I am having a picture issue as well, the images that I'm linking from this site are showing up as broken links in the preview pane.

Can you provide the actual urls?
Can you upload the pictures to the site?

Here's a test to see if the images work in the reply and just not the preview pane:

84397-e3d52410.jpg

Indeed. I have a few reviews to write and contribute, but I'm going to wait until this nonsense ends. 😬
My review for McBeth's course (New London Tech) was posted before the tsunami. It was up there less than 2 hours. If it takes almost as long to write a review as it's visible on here, maybe it's time to write shorter reviews.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm expecting my Eagle's Crossing review to be off the front page before the end of the day and get less than 10 likes. Almost makes a man want to pause reviewing for a while and question why they even do reviews. Almost.
I plan to play Faylor Lake on Monday. Guess there's no rush to write a review if it's going to disappear almost immediately...kinda makes me less interested in contributing reviews if they're going to get buried by Cale Leviska suck-up reviews....

Last edited:
I plan to play Faylor Lake on Monday. Guess there's no rush to write a review if it's going to disappear almost immediately...kinda makes me less interested in contributing reviews if they're going to get buried by Cale Leviska suck-up reviews....
I don't write reviews, but I appreciate that others do.
To quote what many have said before,
"Reviews > Rating"

Is there a way to put reviews on a visibility timer ?
People who upload several in a short period of time, only they are delayed for a couple of hours or maybe a half day...
They may pop up or appear during time frame when less reviews are loading up.

Just an idea, since I have no idea how any of that works...

It looks like there's a character limit to hole info notes that is causing some of the longer descriptions for hole info to go missing.
+1, just noticed this too.

Along with this - I liked how originally the courses page would show the map FIRST. Right now with it going to the list first it's not as fun visually. Also, it'd be cool if the course list could be collapsed by state. I only have 102 courses played but I've gotta imagine it's also a PITA for people who've played 1,000 courses to easily navigate that page w/o having to scroll for days. On top of all this, and I've mentioned this before - while I like seeing states played on the reviews tab, I think it definitely belongs on the courses tab, if not on someone's main profile page.
+1 for these too!

Thank you!

My review for McBeth's course (New London Tech) was posted before the tsunami. It was up there less than 2 hours. she. It takes almost as long to write a review as it's visible on here, maybe it's time to write shorter reviews.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to read it now. 👍🏻

I'd almost prefer course reviews could be sorted. Like, I click on a course and I have the option to see the most recent reviews, or click on most helpful reviews. I'd much rather read a review from a trusted reviewer that has 25 plus helpful votes from several months ago, than a 2 like brand new review that has 4 sentences. I don't give out thumbs down hardly ever, but 7 reviews in a row with "-nice course, good tee pads, nice signs" tells me absolutely nothing relevant about the course and whether or not I should play it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.