• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ive adopted kaposia

Hello?!?! Is there anybody in there???

Maybe you should change your name to deadbrain instead of deadbody. If they had enough money, there would be no need for a P2P policy. Their money comes from your tax dollars. If they can not find enough money to keep the park open, it will be closed and the baskets will be pulled.

Since you have all of the answers, maybe you should take control of the Park District Offices. Show them how to run a government office the deadbody way. :thmbup:

Considering that governments often invest in infrastructure expecting to pay for it after the fact this is not an unreasonable expectation. And again, even if the money isn't put forward at the start, they now have brought in a good sum of money from passes, that money needs to go to the course, or they will end up with less players and less income.

I'm fairly confident that I am more aware of how governments spend their money, and allocate and work with budgets than you are. Please actually read my arguments.

Considering that governments often invest in infrastructure expecting to pay for it after the fact this is not an unreasonable expectation. And again, even if the money isn't put forward at the start, they now have brought in a good sum of money from passes, that money needs to go to the course, or they will end up with less players and less income.

I'm fairly confident that I am more aware of how governments spend their money, and allocate and work with budgets than you are. Please actually read my arguments.

Believe it or not, I read all of your nonsense. I'm not sure why I wasted my time, it was like a slowly developing train wreck.

I know that any action from any government office will not be completed quickly. They will rarely, if ever, set a deadline for anything. If your local Park District offices have set a deadline for substantial completion of this work, I would be shocked. If you are not happy with that type of policy, then you should step up and make a change instead of complaining from the sideline.

I have only worked with local government offices for the last 8+ years, so what do I know? I have seen exactly how the budgeting process works. Bottom line is this: No money = No disc golf course

Do you know exactly how much money the P2P passes have brought in to date? Do you know what the exact price tag is for the proposed course improvements? If not, then you should probably adjust your expectations accordingly.

The false assumption here is that South St Paul and Inver Grove are pooling money and effort. They are not. What you're seeing matches the long running pattern from the beginning. IGH has had the park money and support since 1989. The city has done and expects to do much of the work with park staff. SSP never had the money and park staffing so most of the work over the years has been by fundraising and volunteers other than mowing.

They appear to be working together because the passes work both places. However, the money from annual pass sales goes to the city that sells it and IGH gets no money from the $5 daily sales at Kaposia. We had convinced them in discussions in previous years about pay-for-play that they needed to jointly do it so the remaining free course wouldn't get overrun if only one did it.

IGH had the money to do the renovations and were inspired to do so by visiting Bryant Lake and seeing what they had done. They expect to get repaid over the years for their upgrades via pay-for-play. But ironically, the city council wouldn't allow the Park Dept to budget for someone to take money for daily passes, at least this year. I expect it next year.

SSP had no money to do renovations and I believe has a much smaller Park Dept than IGH to start with. They are hoping to generate the money for renovations from pay-to-play.

Ty for the info Chuck, my original point stands though. I bolded it for deadbody.

The last thing I read was that Fairway Flyerz wrote a check to South St. Paul for over $10k.

And I get that on a free course the money needs to come first, you cannot spend money you don't have and won't get. However if you want to charge for something and make a profit on it, you need to offer a competetive product, and that at times means making a capital investment. This was not done at Kaposia and the money that was made so far has not been reinvested at Kaposia.

SSP wants Kaposia to be a money maker for the city. That means they intend for the course to be played on a pay to play level. For the course to be successful long term on a pay to play level it needs improvements.

Jasonc I have been respectful and not insulting in my arguments, please offer me the same courtesy.

5dollars for a course that takes over 2 hours to play a round, ill pay $2 an hr to play any course, they should make them all p2p just like ball golf, all you cheap skates can go fishing...

i like this^^^^ then we can hold litterbugs and vandals responsible or at least be able to pay for the damages they cause to the course

I too have adopted Kaposia, but I leagally changed his name to OJ
bruno.jpg

It's funny you just posted this, I was just visiting MPLS and I played Kaposia and was very confused. I couldn't beleive that there weren't numbers on the tee signs. I stared at hole 1 and hole 3 before realizing that there were just no numbers. Fun course otherwise though.

It may have been even more confusing at worlds if the signs had hole numbers (every hole had separate printed signs staked into the ground), the only hole number that would have been correct would be hole 1, from there combined holes and skipped holes to turn 27 holes into 18 make it pretty darn confusing - good thing there was good day of signage. This dilemma holds true for day to day play out there, some players play the 18 hole layout while others play 24, many tourneys combine holes, or skip hole 9, and holes are being redesigned/added/taken out. I'm sure when the signs were put in it was taken into account that the hole numbers wouldn't always be the same and are constantly changing.

Latest posts