• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jay Reading's pull cart

mickas said:
You know Danny? How's he doing in the twin cities? I haven't seen him in a month or two.

I did however see his cart at one point or another, I didn't know his and jay's were one in the same, it's a sweet rig.
sam, i know cj knows the guy who makes these. he puts in orders for people...

so here's the story. danny polk bought that cart from a good friend of mine, zac elliot. danny then sold that cart to ulibarri at the majestic. ulibarri must have sold that same one to jay, because it is the same exact one. i will see if i can get you guys some info on how to get a hold of the guy who makes them

Thanks for the info. If you know where I can see some more pictures of the different models let me know.

I can confirm that that is a DiscCaddie made by Bob Prenot in Winona, MN. There are several players in town that use them and he makes them custom. At the Majestic, a player from Madison was walking with Uli and apparently Uli liked the cart so much that he asked to buy one. When he bought the cart he Bob that he was going to try and sell a few for him on the tour. I can provide the contact info for Bob if any are interested in the carts.

I am more interested in building one of my own. The only problem I'm having is finding a box that will work. Anyone know what kind of boxes are being used to make these carts? MTM sportsman has a nice dry box that looks like it might work.

Make sure it is durable enough to handle some serious abuse. The igloo boxes and the ones Bob is using are the only ones I've seen that are solid enough to last a long time.

I contacted Mike Chatelle about these carts and he said the same thing about the boxes. Unfortunately the igloo boxes have been discontinued and I'm not sure what box Bob uses. Anyone have Bob's email address they can PM me?

dry-box-spud-6-7-large.jpg

MTM case gard Spud 7 box is 18.5" x 13" x 15.25" and comes in black and orange... I think these are the boxes that Bob is using. There is a picture of one of his carts with an orange box and Jay Reading has a black box.

I'm debating on trying to make one similar because I'm obsessed with little DIY projects like this, but I actually don't know how practical these are for some of us with more "hostile" home courses.

The course I play 90% of the time is only a few years old and was cut through some really rough terrain. Thus it has a lot of stumps/roots/rocks. Those disccaddies look like they have very little ground clearance. It also has a lot of steep grade hills(I'd probably have to go out of my way to have it resting somewhere semi-flat more often then not. Where as a conventional bag you can lay pretty much anywhere as long as its sideways and it won't fall over since there are no wheels).

Its definitely a cool idea and set-up. But would probably only be ideal for courses that are really well manicured and mostly flat.

Hello all, I was made aware of this forum from CJ (thanks CJ). The picture above is the actual box. They are very strong. I made about 6 of those carts about a year ago. Because of some early flooding at my house this year and a hectic schedule, I was unable to continuing making them. However, I am in the process of making some more with a slight modification. I am hoping things work out and I can have some finshed in August some time.

If you are interested in one let me know. They come in black, orange and green (camo sort of)

Bob Prenot
Discadde

I called Bob who lives in Winona MN. He is the one who has been making the carts. I have had a cart for going on 2 years! Since I have had the cart, I hardly ever use my bag anymore. The cart makes a great seat!! I have dragged this cart all over Wisconsins most wooded coarses and it works great! Absolutely no issues! I just got off the phone with the maker of these carts (BOB P. out of Winona MN) to alert him to this thread. I will leave it to him to give you guys further info. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. My advice would be to get one if you can! My advice if you were thinking of building one is to just buy this one. Reason being, is after parts and man hours your going to be close in price to what the Disccaddie would cost you. That is just my opinion.

Hey Bob,

Post some more pics if you have any. These are really nice and some more pics will give people an idea of how well they are made.

One thing about this box compared to the igloo is that the pole has to be much more angled because of how the box opens (igloo had a hinge opening that didn't require room behind the box). Maybe this is something you have already addressed though.

I know there are probably a few people in the TC area who'd be interested.

juju said:
Hey Bob,

Post some more pics if you have any. These are really nice and some more pics will give people an idea of how well they are made.

One thing about this box compared to the igloo is that the pole has to be much more angled because of how the box opens (igloo had a hinge opening that didn't require room behind the box). Maybe this is something you have already addressed though.

I know there are probably a few people in the TC area who'd be interested.

For some reason I can't find my pictures I had of it inside and out. I will definitely post some of the new batch when I get them done and pricing.

Thanks for all the great reviews!

Hello all, just wanted to give you an update to those that are/were interested in one of my carts. Unfortunately it has been taking longer than I had hoped. Had some issues that are now resolved, but because of this I will be looking at mid to end of October. I am truly sorry that they did not get finished in time. I hope you will still be looking to get one.

Thanks,

Bob Prenot