• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Juliana Korver - In the Bag

Interesting video. I do love the grip & flex of the JK Aviar.

I find it interesting how there really isn't anything overstable besides the forgotten destroyer, which is questionable in G Star.

I'd like to be able to hyzer flip flippy discs into the wind...

I was thinking this also. It does sound like she depends on the Destro and Terns to act OS at the speed she throws, but she really doesn't have anything that OS even in the lower speed ranges. Aviar-X is decently stable/OS when brand spanking new, but the Coyote and TL3 seem to leave a lot of room on the left side of the flight chart.

Just remember that a Destoyer for some people may act like a Firebird does for you. Not everyone has the arm speed to get a Destroyer to do anything more than be a meathook (even a Gstar, which she probably throws very rarely, so it retains its stability).

She did say that she'd rather throw a slow disc hard than hold back on a faster disc. So I agree that the speed 12 stuff covers the OS distance driver needs, but I still would think a lower speed utility disc would fit in nicely (e.g. Gator).

same ol' marketing from Innova in the bags. the most painful to watch was her pulling the Mako3 out. it was almost as bad as Brinster's brand spankin' new Mako3 he pulled after showing us his 10+ year Roc cycle.

Um ok, remember that ITB you're referencing was at the USDGC where he might have been wary of losing his old Rocs.

Also apparently he actually throws the Mako3.

Um ok, remember that ITB you're referencing was at the USDGC where he might have been wary of losing his old Rocs.

Also apparently he actually throws the Mako3.

I think I remember brinster literally saying he had the mako 3 in the bag because it was "replaceable". The Mako3 is a good neutral disc too.

but the Coyote and TL3 seem to leave a lot of room on the left side of the flight chart.

My two Star Coyotes are pretty straight flyers with a fade finish. I'd say they are like a broken-in Buzzz or broken-in Gold Line Compass. They're a tad more stable than my Mako3s, but also a tad slower.

I have one GStar TL3. Flies pretty much like my Star TLs, which is one reason I want to try a Star TL3 if they'll ever make me one. TL3 is like a (very) broken-in Teebird: fades, but not nearly as much as a fresh Teebird.

So they do leave room on the left side of the flight chart, but they're more in the middle than on the right side of said flight chart...

I have 3 JK Aviars and they are great in the wet/snowy conditions plus they seem to dry very easily with a towel. Now if only Innova made Champ BB Aviars!

Just popped in to say that I know Juliana is happily married (and so am I) but of all the women on the disc golf scene she is my 1st through 10th choice for wife material.

So this is all bull?

Love her bag. Does this mean I can go back to my plans and get myself a G* Tern? :D
Also the kite might be what I get for a hyzerflip mid!

Speaking of the Mako3, I myself have personally seen Nate Sexton throw the mako3 during a tournament. Flicking it also no doubt

If people didn't catch it, she did mention that she sometimes adds a Champ Teebird to her bag for wind.

Latest posts