• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kansas City, MO

Swisher Streets

Double Eagle Member
Heading down to KC Sept 6-9 with a group of friends to play area courses and eat area food.

Can anyone suggest a good reasonably priced hotel to stay at where our car wont get broken into :| Ive been reading too many online reviews today.

Also looking for suggestions on where to eat, breweries, and of course where to get our disc golf on (other than Water works obviously).

courses - Blue Valley, Swope, Rosedale (2 courses), Wyandotte, Shawnee Mission

eats - Oklahoma Joes (go to the gas station one but get there before they open, we got there 15 minutes after they opened and took a hour to get in + the Dynamic Disc store is next door, also about 6 blocks from the Rosedale courses)

or you can try Arthur Bryants/Gates/Jack Stack for bbq

hotels - we stayed in Overland Park at a Holiday Inn Suite and Express for 50 bucks a night via Priceline name your own price, very nice and just off the interstate

In addition to the courses mentioned, depending on where you stay in KC, Smithville is not too far away (20-25 min), which has a pretty sweet 3 course setup on the lake.

It is p2p at $5 per car, this gets you access to all 3 courses.

Official name is Paradise Point Disc Golf Complex, if you want to look it up.

In addition to the courses mentioned, depending on where you stay in KC, Smithville is not too far away (20-25 min), which has a pretty sweet 3 course setup on the lake.

It is p2p at $5 per car, this gets you access to all 3 courses.

Official name is Paradise Point Disc Golf Complex, if you want to look it up.

was going to mention that one as well but further north of where you will be, pm damon (DLCdisc) on the Iowa board if you want more info on that one as I know he has played there

I'll be in Shawnee for work on Sep 5, leaving Sep 6. I'm trying to squeeze in a round or at least a trip to DD but I don't know if I can make it work yet. So frustrating... Maybe I can call it team building or something...

Our work schedules are the only thing limiting us.

FRIDAY
Plan is to leave Des Moines and play J&B in Lamoni then head down to KC after that stopping for dinner and drinks somewhere in the city (Suggestions?) and hopefully staying in Overland Park thanks for the suggestion.

SATURDAY
Saturday the goal is 3 courses, Boulevard Brewery tour, bbq, and DD store. Probably the two Rosedale courses and one other (Suggestions other than WW?) Another place to eat and drink?

SUNDAY
Wake up damn early and head to Waterworks then heading home possibly playing Graceland on the way back if theres time.

Not the longest of trips but will be playing at least 5 new courses so I cant complain.

make sure you leave some money for Bob down at J & B, you will love the courses but be prepared for windy conditions. Graceland is no smoking but there are a couple holes ala Pickard where you can get out of the park to smoke.

If you're staying in Overland Park, might go to Olathe (3 courses there), Wyandotte in Bonner Springs, KS or Shawnee Mission. Should be maybe 15 minutes tops from Overland Park.

Last edited:
Lenexa/OP area would be the best place to stay. There are plenty of budgetary lodging options off of I-35 and 95th Street.

SATURDAY
Saturday the goal is 3 courses, Boulevard Brewery tour, bbq, and DD store. Probably the two Rosedale courses and one other (Suggestions other than WW?)
If you plan on hitting Rosedale (most crowded course in the metro) on a Saturday and then hit the gas station Oklahoma Joes, you're going to be spending a lot of time waiting in line at both and not have much time for anything else. Oklahoma Joes has two other locations in Olathe and Leawood. Might be better to consider a different BBQ joint or consider it more for dinner than lunch.

Just get a menu and call in your order at Oklahoma Joes...or you'll spend an hour in line.
If you can stand a little bit of a drive (about 30 min?) , play Wilbur Young. If you want to stay in the immediate area, the ratings are pretty accurate. Cliff drive is a lot of fun and Blue valley is good for bombers, Wyandotte county is a pretty good balance between long and short and is actually quite a bit more fun than it gets credit for.
Make sure you either pay for a tour, or you show up early for tickets for the free tour if you plan on going to Boulevard. Check out the website for info.