• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Kaxe

NuNinja

Eagle Member
Meet Kaxe, a small diameter midrange driver. With decent stability and slim proportions this disc will come in handy in numerous situations on the course. Made in our popular high end plastic - tacky and super durable. Kaxe is an old Swedish word, meaning a stuck-up or cocky person.
The Kaxe prototype is here thrown downhill by Kymen who describes it as very reliable and multi-functional. Stay put for the first run in June!
facebook.com/Kastaplast

Go...

Haven't tried the Kaxe or the Rask yet... would like to. From what it looks like, it should be a popular offering, but I don't know how popular they will be right away. Be interested to see how/what they do to market to American players...

I have both the Rask and the Kaxe. I love both of them. I would not say the Kaxe is a disc for a new player. Like MVP discs, it needs more snap to get its full potential out of it.
It feels and flies like a mid but with the speed and glide of a slow fairway driver. I would liken it to the concept of a hybrid club in ball golf.
Go get one, the plastic is up there with MVP's, it will last you a long time

Anyone else throwing this thing yet? Bi picked up a Kaxe today and a Kaxe Z on a whim just to because they looked cool. I compared the rims to the Claymore I was buying and they are definitely wider. So speed 6 is probably about right. The Kaxe has a bead, and the Z version has no bead. Plastic reminds me of some of the awesome Prodiscus plastic. I will try to get them out this week and see what. They do.

My friends in Germany are all saying this is the disc of the year, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I've thrown the Kaxe a couple of times, and i haven't thrown many similar discs.

It's like a fast mid/slow fairway flies sort of like a Zombee but the hand feel is more comfortable, almost like if a Cro came to a more of steep curve. I liked it but have no idea when I would bag one.

It's just a bit shorter than a Teebird and not much longer than my normal mids(yao/Roc3/Cro I switch it up depending on the course) just not sure where it fits.

The Kaxe tester I threw from Infinite a while back was pretty beefy. Most similar disc I could think of was Gazelle. Feels and looks a lot like a Zombee/Squall (Squombee?) but faster and more stable.

Definitely punishes you if you don't rip it on a hard throw, fades hard on soft throws. Haven't thrown a Kaxe Z but I bet it is like a longer Squall.

Looks more like a slow FW driver than a Mid to me. I'm glad I watch that vid just to hear the correct pronunciation of Kaxe, although now I'm scared to ask someone if I can see their Kaxe. :eek:

Looks more like a slow FW driver than a Mid to me. I'm glad I watch that vid just to hear the correct pronunciation of Kaxe, although now I'm scared to ask someone if I can see their Kaxe. :eek:

Well, the vid is in German, but I assume he was pronouncing it how it's pronounced in Swedish.

This could be intersting then. The Kaxe is thenOs one with a bead, and the Kaxe Z is the same disc minus the little bead. So it is less Os in theory. I like the combo theory and complimentary nature of their strategy. Plus the plastic is simple awesome feeling. Now I just have to throw them and see what they do.

My Kaxe is still pretty fresh, but I'm already in love with it. It flies just like my envy but faster, glidier, and further. I feel like I have the same amount of control, and it has been getting used on almost all throws 300-375' for the last few weeks. I'd call it a very fast mid, it's a very controllable disc. Haven't thrown a kaxe z though.

Weather looks good tomorrow so I'm going to meet brotherdave for a few rounds with the Kaxe and Kaxe Z. We'll report back after we give them a good testing.