• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Rask

I bet even if it was a groove, if it said "MADE IN SWEDEN" on it people would act like it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Or if it had that tacky "Vibram" plate on it.

Funny you'd jab at swedish plastic, when everyone knows your still on the jock of Vibram. :rolleyes:

Just bought mine today from the local store. It is beautiful and interesting :D Very excited to see how it flies!

I'm really hoping one of the bigger online retailers will carry these, nobody locally cares about new products...would love to give it a shot. Anyone from DN know if you'll be receiving them?

I've been searching online for them and I found a site that sells them, but everything on the site is swedish. I used the google translator to get to the point where I could place the order, selected paypal, and now I'm not sure what's going on. It sent me a confirmation email and confirmed my order, but I never logged into paypal to pay..... Really not sure what's going on here

kprask1r.jpg

Looks strange. It's really interesting to see what new companies have to offer.

Curious to hear how that inner rim affects grip, if it does at all.

For me it does not when throwing backhand with powergrip. But for someone with huge fingers it might :\ Forehand is a bit trickier for the most people I guess. Since you can fit only one finger between the rims, so by stacking your fingers your middlefinger goes against the outer rim and index against inner rim. Forehand powergrip works without a problem for me.

I need to get out and throw this thing, but it is a snowstorm in here right now.

I've got two on their way to me, one 171g and one 174g. I have no idea what kind of shipping time to expect. I'm just really curious how these are gonna feel

I couldn't throw one of those out of fear of somebody asking me what I threw.

"Nice throw, what was that?"

Me, in southern drawl: Kastaplast Rask.

"Uh, did you just have a seizure or something?" :\

Got my Rasks in the mail yesterday!! I haven't gotten a chance to throw them yet, but I really like the design. Comfortable grip, amazing plastic blend similar to Opto line plastic. Can't wait to get them out for some throws! When you have one in your hand and actually look at it, the design makes sense as far as drag reduction. Why does it have to be so cold in Michigan right now!!!??

I dont know this looks weird. The inner rim has another lip. should be interesting. does this affect the glide. do we have any flight ratings any distance measures. anything to compare this disc to.

I haven't yet gotten a chance to get out and throw it, but I have read some reviews online that sound pretty promising. The inner lip is strange, but again, it makes sense. The idea is to reduce drag, and the inside of the inner rim has a curve to it in order to push the air downward as opposed to catching the inside of the rim. It is also rated as a very high speed driver, but the rim isn't crazy thick, it's very comfortable in the hand. I am actually very excited to get this out for some field work!

Quoted from Discsport Test Guy -facebook page:

"Using the new Drag Reduction to make the disc faster - actually works! This disc really is super fast, makes it travel a long way before hitting ground. Took out and compared a sort of new Star Destroyer, which was little shorter than the Rask every throw. Similar stability, slightly overstable. The protos were very overstable with lack of glide. The prototype got reetooled and the result of this First Run is no doubt better.
Tried lower lines today, I think it will be at those this disc will really be most useful due to the speed. When beaten in, I'm expecting some more turn and even longer throws. Test weight: 175g"

So stability wise it should resemble fresh Star Destroyer. Sounds promising.