• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Kaxe

Its more prevalent with older molds. Lots hasnt seen it so much. And stal not quite either.

Lol I am the same. I havent heard as much variation in bergs, but it sounds like recent k1 soft isnt getting that old K2 pop top. I have 5 or 6 K2s and a couple K1 softs I have picked up in deals. I am good for a long time. I have only lost one berg in 5+ years so I am doing alright.

I have heard that K1 plastic can get a little more stable before it starts to beat in, haven't experienced it myself

I have never experienced this before in any mold.

I've only seen it with the Kaxe Z and the Falk. It's kinda wild! After a long while, the Kaxe Z will develop turn again and start wearing as predicted, but it took 2-3 years for that to happen with my oldest Kaxe Z. For contrast, I find the regular Kaxe beats in to having less HSS with time, but always has more LSS than any Kaxe Z.

Been working with a K3 Kaxe and Kaxe Z for a couple months now. Haven't noticed any turn in either and the fade has gotten softer. More and more they remind me of how a Teebird beats in. I expect the Kaxe Z to start developing turn soon. Haven't been throwing my K1s yet, trying to see how the K3 beat in first. I would like to see these in K3 Hard.

I agree on the teebird break in lifespan. The kaxe is a true hss disc and gets really straight before developing turn. I haven't tried newer runs of k3, but the older stuff did break in faster than some base plastic. It was an easy cycle to start. I paired my K3 a with a k1. The k3s excelled at midrange type lines similar to rocs but longer while the k1 was a baby teebird and great power kid like a buzzz.