• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Kaxe

Got a couple k3 kaxes.

First round I was shocked by how beefy they are. But on top of the beef is insane glide. Didn't really like it because I was worried they wouldn't beat straight.

Second round I was shocked how fast the initial beef beats out, and how it added even more glide. After four rounds it throws like a perfectly seasoned champ teebird with 60' less distance.

I am excited to see if they will beat to flat or even flip stability. If they do get all the way over it will be the hands down best cycling mid available outside of Rocs. And with a small diameter and a little more speed than a Roc there is a solid argument to switch over.

A+ disc thus far, highly recommend.

The Kaxe is already an extremely versatile disc and cycling it in K3 just makes it THAT much more useful. I have one that is beat to SUPER flippy and I have a couple of K1 Kaxes that I'm cycling as well. My mid lineup is Glow K1 Kaxe, K1 Kaxe, K2 Z, K3 Kaxe. I don't cycle K3 exclusively though because it beats in a bit too fast for my tastes though. They are coming out with a new stiffer baseline plastic soon that I'm very excited for. Hopefully that will be what I'm looking for!

I don't cycle K3 exclusively though because it beats in a bit too fast for my tastes though. They are coming out with a new stiffer baseline plastic soon that I'm very excited for.!

I am very surprised how fast the k3 beats in. The cool thing is that the stability is gone, but the disc itself is still intact without any warps or scratches. It is almost weird how it lost stability without any real visible changes.

+1 for a stiffer baseline.

I've played 4 rounds on wooded courses with my K3 and so far it hasn't changed at all. Got some scuffs but the flight is the same, starts fading 2 feet from my hand. This might be the most overstable disc I have thrown (yes, that includes firebirds and destroyers), but from what others say it seems my one might be abnormal. It feels fantastic in the hand, too bad it's almost unusable. I'll test the K1 abd K1 Glow 17 soon and see how they are, from what i remember from fieldwork they flew straighter but still had a good fade.

Just ordered a 164g K3 Kaxe. Not really looking to replace any mid slots in my bag, but I have loved the Kaxe for years since I first tried it. Excited to see how the base beats in.

K1 seems to be less stable compared to the K3, and possibly have some more glide and a slight hint of turn.

Been playing wooded courses with 2 K3 for the whole summer and so far they have not changed much, except maybe straighten out just slightly at high speeds but the fade remains intact. The rims look like rollercoasters after all the tree/rock hits

Got one of those 162g k1 kaxe z. Its quite a bit more domey than my higher weight one. Interested to see how it flies.

Got one of those 162g k1 kaxe z. Its quite a bit more domey than my higher weight one. Interested to see how it flies.

I got the 162g kaxe z hoping it would be straighter than my max weight one and it's actually just as stable. It's just more nose angle and wind sensitive.

I was at a store and checked out Kastaplast - holy cow yeah the plastic feels incredible - Looking into a Glow Kaxe or Kaxe-Z - Curious if the Glow K-Z is still pretty stable/OS or if the Z are much straighter overall than the original Kaxe?

I was at a store and checked out Kastaplast - holy cow yeah the plastic feels incredible - Looking into a Glow Kaxe or Kaxe-Z - Curious if the Glow K-Z is still pretty stable/OS or if the Z are much straighter overall than the original Kaxe?

My experience is that they both have good high speed stability, with a forward penetrating fade, rather than a dumpy fade. The Kaxe has a bead on the bottom, supposedly making it a bit more overstable, but I don't see much difference between their flights. They are very reliable discs for players that like to throw midranges hard.

My two K1 Kaxe were delivered today (172g & 174g). Took them to the course today and threw them on my two practice holes; first is a ~275' dead straight low ceiling shot with the basket in the open, the second is a ~280' shot that I need to put out on a slight hyzer line to get around some trees.

I was surprised that the Kaxe worked well on both holes. When I threw the straight shot it had zero turn with a slight fade that just settled in somewhere near pin high. On the second hole I just put it high with maybe a hair of hyzer and it was bullseye 90% of the time.

I tried it on a third hole. 300' and slightly downhill, where I needed to force it over and have it flex out to flat. Ended up near pin high every time but it kept flexing out early.

Overall it's a great disc and something I'm going to keep working with. I will probably drop my Stalker and my most OS buzzz and put these two in for a bit to see how they work out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sounds like the right thing to do. Kaxe can do so much. The k1 will eventually get straighter and hold that turn on that third hole well.

Currently I bag a Felon for utility OS duties and a Verdict for OS mid shots. I like both, but they're probably the least used discs in my bag. I'm interested in trying a tweener disc that can potentially replace both, meaning it can hold up to a stiff headwind but also power down to fly on midrange lines with extra fade. Is the Kaxe that disc? Based on reviews it sounds like it could easily replace my Verdict, but does it really have the 0 turn/3 fade as advertised? How much of a headwind can it take on?

For reference, I throw an Emac Truth as my main stable midrange and Getaways as my stable fairways. So I'm wondering if I'll have a hole in the left side of my bag if I go Emac Truth / Kaxe / Getaway.

The kaxe is similar to the emac maybe a bit more stable and a bit faster. I would not try and replace those molds with it.

Currently I bag a Felon for utility OS duties and a Verdict for OS mid shots. I like both, but they're probably the least used discs in my bag. I'm interested in trying a tweener disc that can potentially replace both, meaning it can hold up to a stiff headwind but also power down to fly on midrange lines with extra fade. Is the Kaxe that disc? Based on reviews it sounds like it could easily replace my Verdict, but does it really have the 0 turn/3 fade as advertised? How much of a headwind can it take on?

For reference, I throw an Emac Truth as my main stable midrange and Getaways as my stable fairways. So I'm wondering if I'll have a hole in the left side of my bag if I go Emac Truth / Kaxe / Getaway.

The kaxe is similar to the emac maybe a bit more stable and a bit faster. I would not try and replace those molds with it.

The Kaxe has so much more glide than an EMAC, yet it is more OS.

It feels like a mid but has the distance of a fairway. Think shorter TeeBird... but not much shorter.

The Kaxe has so much more glide than an EMAC, yet it is more OS.

It feels like a mid but has the distance of a fairway. Think shorter TeeBird... but not much shorter.

Hmmm. Well I've always thought Verdicts fly like a midrange Teebird, so I guess the Kaxe would be a slightly faster Verdict. Intriguing disc for sure, but probably not OS enough to fill that utility OS tweener role. Thanks for the input.

Looking at the Disc Comparison matrix on Infinite, I'm just not sure that the disc I'm looking for actually exists. Something in the Zone/PDx level of stability, but in the 6-7 speed tweener range. Maybe a Banshee, but man those plus molds feel awful in the hand and give me early release issues.

Hmmm. Well I've always thought Verdicts fly like a midrange Teebird, so I guess the Kaxe would be a slightly faster Verdict. Intriguing disc for sure, but probably not OS enough to fill that utility OS tweener role. Thanks for the input.

Looking at the Disc Comparison matrix on Infinite, I'm just not sure that the disc I'm looking for actually exists. Something in the Zone/PDx level of stability, but in the 6-7 speed tweener range. Maybe a Banshee, but man those plus molds feel awful in the hand and give me early release issues.

Try a MVP resistor

After reading reviews I feel like I've been led astray with the Kaxe. I picked up a K1 Kaxe, scaled 171, opaque plastic. While it is a glidey fast midrange, there isn't much stability. Throwing it on a slight hyzer (RHBH), it will flip up, glide, and finish straight. Flat releases will hold it's drift to the right to the ground.

Was expecting something in the Roc3/emacTruth/MD3 range or even stable Buzzz or Reactor type. This is flying more towards a BuzzzSS/Mako3. Probably 6/5/-1/0 or 6/5/-2/1, but definitely not the advertised 0/3.

Still gotta say I love the plastic and the flight does make it useful, it'll fill that straight-US or flip up straight shot. Just not what I was expecting.

It's not a Kaxe-Z, stamped Kaxe and embossed Kaxe on the rim. Half tempted to get another to see if it's the same. Did I get a dud?

You might have a dud.

I have a couple and mine won't flip up and definitely don't turn. In comparison to other mids I would say mine are definitely more stable than a Roc3 and probably more stable than most of my MD4's.