• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Kaxe

Anyone throwin these forehand? I'm still looking for a good forehand approach disc. I'm using a suspect now but I want something a little more versatile. Is the rim comfortable?

The Kaxe is quite a bit faster. I am enjoying it for those ~300' shots needing a little less gusto than I'd put on a fairway and a little more than I realllly want on a mid.

The rim is GREAT in the hand, both backhand and forehand. Blunted, but not as rounded as a midrange. Personally, I carry Prodigy M1s (both 2013 and 2015 molds) Prodigy M4s, DD Verdict, and DD Evidence. The Kaxe has a completely unique rim to all of them. It's not a Mid rim by any means, but it's much more rounded than a fairway. VERY comfortable in the hand.

It's not a disc I need but I love the feel so much that I'm bagging it for the time being.

Also, for most players, people look for a more overstable disc to throw forehand. The Kaxe is not quite what it's flight numbers project. It's not a 6/4/0/3, I'd put it more as a 6/4/-0.5/2.5. It's subtle, but it's noticeable. When thrown flat (RHBH) with power, it will drift ever so slightly to the right, flatten out, then come back to the left with a decent fade. But, it's not an overpowering fade.

I'd really compare this more to a slightly shorter Eagle or longer Nebula with a more comfortable feel in the hand.

K3 Rekos have been tested and based on the profile pic... they look amazing. Also includes GrymX, K2 Grym, K1 & K2 Reko

04bLEDM.jpg

I've really been enjoying my K2 Kaxe this season for casual rounds in the woods. It's very comfortable in the hand and super-grippy. Wooded courses chews up my premium plastics after a few months, but the K2 plastic has yet to show any rim damage and only minor scuffing (due to rocks) in a couple places around the edge of the flight plate. It holds all the hyzer angles and powers down well for flex shots around trees, and even sticks long approaches. It's definitely gunning for a spot in my main bag.

K3 Kaxe has been out a while, anyone throwing them with some opinions?

I just got a couple K3 Kaxe in today and took them out and played a dozen holes vs a pair of K1.
The K1s were 8 and 9/10. I threw them with mildly windy conditions from all angles, all RHBH.
The plastic is the same as all other K3, grippy and tough. Should be great in cold weather vs K1.

Kastaplast rates the Kaxe 6/4/0/3.
I'd rate K1 Kaxe 6/4.5/0.5/2.5 (with a decent skip potential) and the K3 Kaxe 6/4/0/3.

Overall, the K1 consistency went further forward (and with more glide) than K3 buy usually 5-10ft.
I feel like I get a little more snap out of K1, maybe because of grip differences, which may help.

The K3 consistently had slightly more HSS AND LSS, and seemed to hit with more of a vertical angle at the end of flight compared to the K1.
K1 seems to finish more horizontal and had more skip.

Once the K3 gets beat in I'm assuming it will straighten out nicely, so I'm going to work with one for awhile and see what happens.

I had a look at the K3 Kaxe and the PLH seemed to be visibly higher on the K3 compared to K1.

I had a look at the K3 Kaxe and the PLH seemed to be visibly higher on the K3 compared to K1.

I just took a look and I'd say I agree with you on that.
Its not a huge difference, but it looks a bit higher on K3.
The K1 am am using are first runs and kind of zipper topped.
The K3s were perfectly trimmed.

Got Inifinte to stock some K3's so I picked mine up today. Look and feel great, can't wait to get some throws in.

Noses on these look a lot more blunt than k1/k2. All the ones I looked at were flat to almost puddle topped.

Anyone have a worn K3 to tell me how they break in?

Is there somewhere the K3 Kaxe can be purchased? Seems infinite is out, Marshall has K1 and 2, but no 3. The Kaxe has peaked my curiosity, but I'd rather try a base line! Cheers

Never thrown Kaxe or Kaxe Z before, but got to throw a new 172g Kaxe K3 today. This thing was sooo overstable. Not even close to popping up to flat from hyzer or turning on you when released flat. Fights out of slight anny nicely and has a healthy fade overall.

After full round of throwing only this and many tree hits later it lost a little fade I think, but hardly noticeable. Still in really good shape. Last hole full power drive with slight hyzer it held the angle the entire time. I would easily trust this in headwinds.

Extremely comfortable in the hand for BH and FH and K3 feels great in cold and wet. I hope it doesn't get too gummy in hot summer.

Looking forward to how this will beat in and maybe one day it can replace my dx roc3s, but right now it's too OS to be a workhorse mid in the woods.

Last edited:
I feel the same way about the K3. I use it more for big hyzer shots or heavy wind.
Lots of people have said they beat in straight, but maybe I'm just not hitting enough trees w mine, lol.
The K1 is a better choice for a roc3/teebird replacement, imo, and also beats in really slowly.

Found one of these on the course today and gave it a couple of tosses on the way to the park office lost and found (if anyone lost a yellow K3 Kaxe at Franklin it's at the office for you). Mind you I only fave it two good throws but I immediately thought this thing was like a longer Bard (seemingly same flight path but was about 25 feet further or so). Given that I have no idea how long it has been getting weathered, how many trees it has hit, etc...is that a reasonable comparison for a new one of these? I really liked what I saw and given I was about to pull the trigger on a recycled Spark (looking for something between Bard and Longbowman) I am certainly intrigued as to whether those couple of throws are within the norm for a new Kaxe.

Found one of these on the course today and gave it a couple of tosses on the way to the park office lost and found (if anyone lost a yellow K3 Kaxe at Franklin it's at the office for you). Mind you I only fave it two good throws but I immediately thought this thing was like a longer Bard (seemingly same flight path but was about 25 feet further or so). Given that I have no idea how long it has been getting weathered, how many trees it has hit, etc...is that a reasonable comparison for a new one of these? I really liked what I saw and given I was about to pull the trigger on a recycled Spark (looking for something between Bard and Longbowman) I am certainly intrigued as to whether those couple of throws are within the norm for a new Kaxe.

Yeah your experience is correct.

They're stout little tweener discs.
No turn and a reliable finish.