• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Reko

I used to putt rekos. Probably the best putting flight I've seen. But I hate the feel and k3. That k4 will be nice but until I get a high profile putter I'll stick with my p2s which I love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny.i switched from p2's to rekos because i didnt like the high profile,i only stuck with them because i used first runs that were softer and puddle topped.

funny.i switched from p2's to rekos because i didnt like the high profile,i only stuck with them because i used first runs that were softer and puddle topped.

If kasta made p2 ish putter I'd be all over it. I love kasta but have slowly been dropping their molds. K1 Reko got dropped for proxy. Kaxe and berg didn't fit well in my bag. Now I only use stals and falks but I bag 3 of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, rekos and kaxes in stiff putter plastic would be the best :)
I would probably have switched to rekos already if the k3 plastic was stiffer. Much stiffer k3 sounds perfect :)

I prefer stiffer plastic for putting, also, and I find the K3 to be just fine, i.e. plenty firm enough. But yeah, if they come out with firmer K3, I'll likely try it... :popcorn:

Got a k1 reko on the way, still searching for the perfect driving putter. Hopefully this ends the search.

Got a K1 reko the other day. As soon as I picked it up at the store I knew I had to have it. It just felt so good in my hands. This thing is absolutely magical. I've heard the hype about this thing being a versatile putter but I didn't believe it. Amazing driving putter, also awesome for approach shots and can even be used for putting. I played a putter only round today with it and ended at +3 which doesn't sound too impressive but if you would've seen the shots I was making with it you would be wowed.

The K3 Reko may just be my spirit disc.
I started putting with the Innova Yeti Pro Aviar because I loved its puddle top, then I found the Factory Store Test Configuration in a stiff R-Pro plastic and I was sold. One plastic for all seasons, great grip with solid firmness. However, I never grew comfortable with its wing/bead. Especially true for driving and approaching.
Then I found puddle topped Challengers. Same puddle top with a bit more rounded nose and smaller bead was an upgrade. The rubber blend Chally's are a thing of beauty. Alas, I was always wishing for a bit thinner profile as the Challenger is quite deep in the hand. The TI Challenger was fantastic off the tee but again slightly uncomfortable in the hand.
Then the Reko. Wasn't looking for a new dance partner. Thought I was happy enough. Nope. Put a max weight K3 in the bag as a throwing putter, then snuck a light weight 163g K3 in the bag for jump putts, and before you know it, just submitted orders on 1010 discs and Gotta Go Gotta Throw completing the transition.
K3 for putting, K1 and K1 Glow for driving and approaches. When the rain comes I will be back to the K3 for driving and approaching.
What a great disc!

I have 3 K1's and 5 K1 glows. All of the glows have the same flat profile. The K1's all differ from flat to slight dome.
The K1 glow is slightly more stable than the white K1 that I bag.

I thought I would love this putter. It has everything I claim I like.

Flat with puddle top
Low profile
Awesome grip

So far, I'm not clicking with this disc. Most of my putts are dropping fast and hitting the cage. When I try to adjust, I'm flying over the top.

I also had a bunch of weird release issues.

I'm assuming it's just me but I'm shocked how much I don't like this disc in the circle...so far

Flat with puddle top
Low profile
Awesome grip

So far, I'm not clicking with this disc. Most of my putts are dropping fast and hitting the cage. When I try to adjust, I'm flying over the top.

I'm assuming it's just me but I'm shocked how much I don't like this disc in the circle...so far

Sometimes that happens. By all definitions of what I like, the Judge should be perfect for me. But it just never quite worked out for me, and the Marshal does work...

Flat with puddle top
Low profile
Awesome grip

I had the exact same issues. Now I only use them for flick or backhand approaches. They are great flick putters.

that's what I was afraid of. I really do want to love this putter, but it doesn't match with my style very well.

Might have to try a pilot...

that's what I was afraid of. I really do want to love this putter, but it doesn't match with my style very well.

Might have to try a pilot...

It demands a very special nose up spin putt style. Push putt is horrible with reko.

I switched to mercy after reko destroyed my best rated round ever. Had 4 birdie putts spit out strong side.

Its simply too fast for putting.

It demands a very special nose up spin putt style. Push putt is horrible with reko.

I switched to mercy after reko destroyed my best rated round ever. Had 4 birdie putts spit out strong side.

Oh man. I had a very similar experience. I missed at least 5 putts I would normally expect to make last week. I would have had my best round of the year at this course if 3-4 had gone in.

I have a basket in my basement that I use for practice daily. I keep several molds of putters down there for practice to make it interesting and one of my discs is a Reko in K1 plastic that I use but I never bag it for game play. While I like it, it's just not one of my favorites.

Good point about spin putting v. push putting. I spin putt so the Reko is fine for me, but I can see where push putts would have issues with it.

Latest posts