• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Kc pro aviar?

I've found newer KC plastic to also have a less than desirable hand feel when fresh. Almost wishing they'd do a stock run of BB aviars in nexus plastic.

KC Aviars? Or Nexus discs?

Yes, the Nexus Firefly was made for Nate, and he uses them for his putting.

Only because Innova wants its own top level players using Innova discs unless they have a special partnership with one of the Innova side brands. The Firefly I thought? was a close copy of one of Discmania's Innova produced putters that has/had a version of Pro made for Discmania. Innova has always since the company has had side brands tried to make copy molds of the side brand disc the player is using. This is why Innova made the JK Aviar. Juliana K was using a Soft Big Bead Omega from Millennium when the DX special Soft Putter and midrange discs were stopped, Juliana K needed new putters some time in 2000's she went with a Soft Big Bead Omega to win her 4th or 5th title and they made the putter for her despite Millennium having a signature stamped Soft Omega BB, a very similar disc mold to the Innova BB Aviar just more the Classic Grid Aviar nose/top with the BB wing.

Just stating the second part because it is true, it seems that Dave or the guy in charge of the Innova sponsored pro players wants it's Pro players to use Innova's own line of discs as much as possible. It seems Dave and others are forgetting that if players promote the other Innova produced brands via a disc or two Innova could generate more money from people who buy a decent amount of Innova discs to try other side brand/contracted disc companies that use Innova manufacturing.

How does one find a KC Pro aviar that isn't super slick? I want the old chaulky and stiff feel.

Eleven Time and some early Twelves. Not super cheap from my buying experience but they sure feel amazing.

How does one find a KC Pro aviar that isn't super slick? I want the old chaulky and stiff feel.

Not trying to be facetious, but take a (slick) KC Pro and throw it upside down on some grass or dirt a number of times, and it'll get more grippy. I've done that to a few Champ and Star discs that I've had in the past, and it's worked for me.

Not trying to be facetious, but take a (slick) KC Pro and throw it upside down on some grass or dirt a number of times, and it'll get more grippy. I've done that to a few Champ and Star discs that I've had in the past, and it's worked for me.

My PFN 12x KC is well beat up and used, still slick :(

My PFN 12x KC is well beat up and used, still slick :(

Yeah basically most KC Pro is slick, though I think a very stiff KC/touring Pro or KC glow, either plastic with R-Pro added to the disc to make it better grip old style 11 time KC plastic. I personally think the KC Pro from the 11 time era is messed up in being a tad soft from other runs including the 10 time/9 time from when I first started playing in 2003.

I was out playing in just a couple degrees above celsius yesterday and brought my Nexus aviar, it actually felt really good for putting in that weather.

Reporting back on the color glow KCs. They feel really good in the hand, a smidge tackier than normal kc's. At first they felt kind of "cheap" as in a lower quality but I'm now putting with them so.. Let's see how they hold up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_092833.jpg
    IMG_20200508_092833.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 31
Reporting back on the color glow KCs. They feel really good in the hand, a smidge tackier than normal kc's. At first they felt kind of "cheap" as in a lower quality but I'm now putting with them so.. Let's see how they hold up.

I think the Glow material helps the grip of the KC plastic.