• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Kc pro aviar?

Its called the Aviar Driver, a little confusing but it is the same mold. And then the Discmania P3X is the BB Aviar3, BB Aviar with a flat top.

hmmmm
that makes me want to try the P3x

I tried the Jessica Weese BB Aviar in Nexus plastic. Concave in comparison to the KC Pro.

More than likely just me but I found my putts were a bit of with these. I haven't quite figured it out but almost nose up it seemed. I feel like it had something to do with the concave top.

hmmmm
that makes me want to try the P3x

I tried the Jessica Weese BB Aviar in Nexus plastic. Concave in comparison to the KC Pro.

More than likely just me but I found my putts were a bit of with these. I haven't quite figured it out but almost nose up it seemed. I feel like it had something to do with the concave top.

I havent touched nexus plastic yet. Im not a fan of grippy things, is it really grippy?

in 5-8 degree Celcius it isn't all that grippy but not much is.

Definitely not as slick as KC Pro.

Others may be able to give you more input but my impression is that it's just not quite as firm as the KC. There is more flex in the flight plate. I think the lack of firmness may account for the concavity of the flight plate in comparison to KC.

I noticed it much more grippy in the chains. Where a high left (RHBH) putt might catch (slide into the chains) with KC you might get a kick off with the Nexus.

I need the warmer weather to kick in up here for me to really have a true gauge.

But on current experience I'd be more likely to use KC Aviars over the Nexus Aviars when I play the Mad City Open...to put it into a somewhat local context for you.

It's about 65 degrees F here, and the Jessica Weese Nexus Aviars that I have are fairly grippy. Certainly more so than KC Pro plastic, but not quite as grippy as Yeti Pro Aviar plastic.

Not sure why I want to try these again, but normal kc pro is a little too slick and hard for my personal preference, especially with cooler weather coming. There were a couple runs that were a little softer and tackier that I really enjoyed. Are there any in the current circulation that are like what I am describing and if so, is there anyway to be able to identify them online?

Not sure why I want to try these again, but normal kc pro is a little too slick and hard for my personal preference, especially with cooler weather coming. There were a couple runs that were a little softer and tackier that I really enjoyed. Are there any in the current circulation that are like what I am describing and if so, is there anyway to be able to identify them online?

This may be off-base of what you're looking for, but the nexus BBs (Jessica Weese tour series) are really nice. I don't find them to be any softer than KC, but they're significantly tackier. They also have a slight dip in the flight plate. I wouldn't call it a puddle top, but if you like the dome of KCs it might be a deal breaker for you.

This may be off-base of what you're looking for, but the nexus BBs (Jessica Weese tour series) are really nice. I don't find them to be any softer than KC, but they're significantly tackier. They also have a slight dip in the flight plate. I wouldn't call it a puddle top, but if you like the dome of KCs it might be a deal breaker for you.

I am going to be pretty picky here, but I found those to be too tacky. Something in the middle would be perfect, but I am not sure if they exist. Are the XT BB aviars softer than the Weese?

I am going to be pretty picky here, but I found those to be too tacky. Something in the middle would be perfect, but I am not sure if they exist. Are the XT BB aviars softer than the Weese?

Can't speak for the XT version, but dx BB aviars might be worth looking into. I like them for throwing (mine are more stable than my average kc pro) but they would be great for putting too. I think you can find them somewhere online, if I recall they're not production unfortunately.

Can't speak for the XT version, but dx BB aviars might be worth looking into. I like them for throwing (mine are more stable than my average kc pro) but they would be great for putting too. I think you can find them somewhere online, if I recall they're not production unfortunately.

Having felt an XT colt in the store, those are stiff like old DX from the 2000's and earlier but with more grip, not as smooth as the old DX got. Almost all disc in this XT plastic looking up reviews online on Amazon are stiff, Exception is the Nova XT being that Paul wanted an R-XT/R-DX for the disc.

Having felt an XT colt in the store, those are stiff like old DX from the 2000's and earlier but with more grip, not as smooth as the old DX got. Almost all disc in this XT plastic looking up reviews online on Amazon are stiff, Exception is the Nova XT being that Paul wanted an R-XT/R-DX for the disc.

Don't know how old the XT Colt you felt was, but new runs of XT are pretty good and smooth feeling. Hopefully they'll keep those good runs up.

Don't know how old the XT Colt you felt was, but new runs of XT are pretty good and smooth feeling. Hopefully they'll keep those good runs up.

They are smooth but not as smooth when new as old 2000's DX or pre 2006 Pro D got. Those plastics got smoother/slick then anything in the world, not all DX but most did get slicker if they were the non waxy feeling discs. It is true of the old Pro D, all of it got slick.

I felt sorry for myself and ordered two turqoise color glow KC's. I think I've read that they should be a bit softer. Does anyone know what I should expect?

I felt sorry for myself and ordered two turqoise color glow KC's. I think I've read that they should be a bit softer. Does anyone know what I should expect?

The blue color glow that I have had in the past have been normal stiffness for KC but the more recent runs might be different. Honestly there isnt too much difference in KC's. I find the slightly lighter ones to be a bit less stiff but thats about it.

I feel like if you want a slightly softer glow KC Aviar then you should look at the James Conrad Aviars - they are closer to KC than JK firmness and have a nice grippiness to them. Let us know how your glow KCs are when they come!

The biggest difference in the color glow KC is that it's prone to crack. I'm 2/2 with my CG KC's splitting in 2 and I only putt them. It was 45° for the first and 65° for the second so I don't think it's a temp thing. Have heard similar stories from a few friends with the CG Rocs as well.

I feel like if you want a slightly softer glow KC Aviar then you should look at the James Conrad Aviars - they are closer to KC than JK firmness and have a nice grippiness to them. Let us know how your glow KCs are when they come!

I have both JC's and JW Nexus BBs but i don't fancy them for putting. I'll report back when I've tried these out.

Are there any grippy KC Pros currently? In recent years they seem slick and somewhat waxy if you will. I have a handfull of 11x's but putting them in the cold is a recipe for disaster.

Are there any grippy KC Pros currently? In recent years they seem slick and somewhat waxy if you will. I have a handfull of 11x's but putting them in the cold is a recipe for disaster.

Nothing like the 11x's. Every KC I've gotten in the last handful of years has been very firm and slick(until seasoned). Closest I've found to that 11x feel is a stack of black DX Aviar drivers that I had custom stamped last year. But even those aren't quite the same.

The biggest difference in the color glow KC is that it's prone to crack. I'm 2/2 with my CG KC's splitting in 2 and I only putt them. It was 45° for the first and 65° for the second so I don't think it's a temp thing. Have heard similar stories from a few friends with the CG Rocs as well.

Same, it was only 42 F for thw CG ROC that a friend had. Also turns out the disc was too stiff to use for Tournament stuff. Some of the CG discs mainly ROC were too stiff for PDGA when Innova self tested the discs. Those specific CG ROC discs had the odd misprint stamp on the top.

If you can find some of the, bright white or "golf ball white" run they did recently, those have the chalky feel and are a little less firm. closest to an 11x I've found, granted I've only felt an eleven time, never owned one, so take that with a grain of salt.