• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] KC Pro Roc

Then you bought one that was super-light. Once you have thrown a 180 Roc, you'll never go back.

Happened to me. I was throwing a 180-g Dx Roc and then bought a KC Pro Roc. It seemed understable, but I realized I'd bought a 172-g. Oops.

Good story, I know. :)

They should only make 180g Rocs but I know all the pu**y arms out there would complain.
I do agree that KC's are not the best in the wind, but that is what my champ gator is for.

Then you bought one that was super-light. Once you have thrown a 180 Roc, you'll never go back.

It was a 174. Hardly light, especially for a supposedly "stable" disc. My form works well for Zones, Cores, and Coyotes. I tried to throw it for 4 months. I will not go back to one, unless you Roc'ers put your money where your mouths are and send me one. If it is a keeper, I will pay you for it and post a thread admitting the error of my ways. If not, I will send it back.

Best disc ever... you could easily get away with this being your only mid range if you keep a few in different stages of wear. New one for hyzers and windy shots, beat one for straight drives, super beat one for annys and finesse stuff.

It was a 174. Hardly light, especially for a supposedly "stable" disc. My form works well for Zones, Cores, and Coyotes. I tried to throw it for 4 months. I will not go back to one, unless you Roc'ers put your money where your mouths are and send me one. If it is a keeper, I will pay you for it and post a thread admitting the error of my ways. If not, I will send it back.

I think this is a difference in perspective issue. I haven't thrown a Core or Coyote but I have thrown a Zone and consider it overstable. So yes, most any Roc (or Buzzz probably) would be considered understable compared to a Zone.

I think this is a difference in perspective issue. I haven't thrown a Core or Coyote but I have thrown a Zone and consider it overstable. So yes, most any Roc (or Buzzz probably) would be considered understable compared to a Zone.

So the Zone is more overstable than that roc.......Is that the best defense from the roc'ers. Seems like more excuses to me.

I just don't see how that is possibly unless you are throwing that Roc 400'+

I have a couple 12X Rocs that don't really have the HSS you'd normally expect from a new Roc. I'm guessing they're the reason people haven't been all that excited about the 12X Rocs. They've been beating in really well, though. The DX Rocs I got a year or two ago have started off pretty beefy.

HOLY THREAD REVIVAL!

I see that the factory store has a bunch of KC Pro Rocs.. couple questions for you Roc dudes.

Are KC Pro Rocs usually flat? I love a flat Roc.
And also, how durable would they be compared to XT? Trying to decide between the two plastics.

HOLY THREAD REVIVAL!

I see that the factory store has a bunch of KC Pro Rocs.. couple questions for you Roc dudes.

Are KC Pro Rocs usually flat? I love a flat Roc.
And also, how durable would they be compared to XT? Trying to decide between the two plastics.

If you really want to make sure it's flat Disc Golf Values differentiates between flat and dome in the description. From my experience most Rocs you order will have a slight dome (which I personally like). There's a good amount of flat tops floating around but I doubt that's what you would get with a blind order. Never thrown an XT Roc but if it's similar to an XT Aviar then there's no comparison in durability with KC Pro. KCs last a long time.

Last edited:
If you really want to make sure it's flat Disc Golf Values differentiates between flat and dome in the description. From my experience most Rocs you order will have a slight dome (which I personally like). There's a good amount of flat tops floating around but I doubt that's what you would get with a blind order. Never thrown an XT Roc but if it's similar to an XT Aviar then there's no comparison in durability with KC Pro. KCs last a long time.

Thanks a bunch. Ill check out Disc Golf Values.

Fairly flat. Should not be 'broad flat' really.

Plenty durable, some people bag them for years.

Cool. So basically, I just dont want ones that are very domey. I had a Star San Marino that was crazy domey. Dont dig that at all. KC's have just a mild dome, and are all Rancho mold, correct?

Cool. So basically, I just dont want ones that are very domey. I had a Star San Marino that was crazy domey. Dont dig that at all. KC's have just a mild dome, and are all Rancho mold, correct?

Not necessarily mild dome EVERY time, but mostly. The best Rocs IMO are the KC/DX with mild dome.