• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Know disc prices

cheese dog

Birdie Member
this is directed toward new players. today I was out of town and I stopped in a well know used sport store that sales disc. I found some nice Swedish and Finnish plastic but the prices were way wrong. they had lucid at 14.99 fusion at 16.99 and bio fusion at 18.99. when I told the store manager that they had the wrong prices on the bio fusion, she got real defensive and explained to me how biofuzion was the most expensive plastic by dd. .when I ask the store manager if they were going to adjust their prices she said they would look into it.

point of the story is know disc prices. you can find good disc for cheap and avoid being ripped off.

i walked out of there with a new westside tarsus in tournament plastic for $10.18 . go figure

yeah, it's kinda redonkulous.

a couple retailers i frequent, their prices on swedish plastic have upped too; GL for 17? TP for 16? no thanks. eff that. weirdness.

Just another reason to only shop from knowledgeable vendors, whether they're brick and mortar or online.

I had a post on reddit a few years ago. and maybe on here too. im not going to dip it up cuz i should be doing homework.

few years ago scheels in mankato mn had discraft x for like 10, fair price. pro d was $8. fair right? found a d buzz for $20 in there and i told the manager and he said it was heavier than the X so your getting more disc so its more money. hahahaha. tried to tell him what really was going on, and he was convinced, so i gave him the discs and walked away laughing and shaking my head.

recently, scheels had champ for like $20. tye dye champ for like 23 last time i was in there, st cloud mn location. i about **** myself.

I find inflated disc prices insufferable. That being said, if you complain about prices you will always run into some fanboy who gets on you for not supporting the local shop. "But the owner does so much for the sport" or "he deserves to charge more because his dog has diabetis and needs expensive treatment". Makes me gag. I order from MST every time. Lowest prices, awesome selection, fast and usually free shipping, can't lose.

I find inflated disc prices insufferable. That being said, if you complain about prices you will always run into some fanboy who gets on you for not supporting the local shop. "But the owner does so much for the sport" or "he deserves to charge more because his dog has diabetis and needs expensive treatment". Makes me gag. I order from MST every time. Lowest prices, awesome selection, fast and usually free shipping, can't lose.

mst for over $50 and justin at community discs for just about everything else.

I saw a place once that had Star/ESP and Elite X at $20 because I guessed the owner probably thought they were the same plastic lol

I saw a place once that had Star/ESP and Elite X at $20 because I guessed the owner probably thought they were the same plastic lol

gggt actually charged me for esp when i bought an x. if they werent so cheap and had a good selection i would never buy from them again. theyre the walmart of disc golf stores.

pias did that too. they have some premium plastic at 8-11 and some z and x at like 13-15 haha. what the hell

gggt actually charged me for esp when i bought an x. if they werent so cheap and had a good selection i would never buy from them again. theyre the walmart of disc golf stores.

pias did that too. they have some premium plastic at 8-11 and some z and x at like 13-15 haha. what the hell

You must really have a hard on for this place. One of the largest dg shops in the country and in your back yard. I bet you worked for them and got canned or sumpin.

You must really have a hard on for this place. One of the largest dg shops in the country and in your back yard. I bet you worked for them and got canned or sumpin.

Eeeeh. I Like them now but it took them 4 months of regular visits to get me on the reward list. They finally got the message after I got to the counter and informed them they could restock all the discs I selected and walked out because I was still not on the list after buying almost weekly and promised multiple times i would be on it next time.

Their gl is 17$ right now too, at least the xxx's I looked at.

I do like them though for the selection. The x-outs can be awesome. Wizards right now!

Last edited:
I won't shop at gggt anymore. After decades of shopping there they just aren't the same. Bad selection, employees that know as little about disc golf as the owner.

That and scummy TD practices...

recently, scheels had champ for like $20. tye dye champ for like 23 last time i was in there, st cloud mn location. i about **** myself.

I only look at Scheels' discs if I'm already there for something else. They always ask wayyyy too much for plastic but they will price match. I found a 164g GL river last year that they wanted $23 for but I picked up for less than $15.

Some of you are spoiled by online and trunk of the car pricing. $17 for Gold line Latitude is out of line? MSRP for Gold line is $18.99. $16 TP is outrageous? MSRP for Tournament Plastic is $19.99. Online pricing (which is often without sales tax) always seems to come in below MSRP. Brick and mortar stores, especially ones that don't specialize in golf discs (like PIAS or other box stores), rely on MSRP to set their prices. They do that because a) they likely aren't versed enough in the sport to have any clue otherwise and b) it allows for these shops to sell at a fair market price and make a fair profit on the product as well.

Some of these other pricing stories are likely because the seller is unfamiliar with the product (pricing an Elite X as if it were ESP, for example) or a mistake was made either in labeling (price tag or barcode) or ringing up the product.

Ranger Rick has it right...if you don't like the price at one store, buy your wares at another. But these retailers are entitled to price their goods however they see fit. 99% of the time, it has nothing to do with gouging or trying to rip anyone off.

I won't shop at gggt anymore. After decades of shopping there they just aren't the same. Bad selection, employees that know as little about disc golf as the owner.

That and scummy TD practices...

You are aware Blake_t, the man himself from Dgr, works there?

Come on , they aren't bad. Their pricing on Euro plastic is dumb, that's about it...

As to the comment above me, the prices weren't always that high at gggt. So yes I will complain....and will not buy their gl or their tp. :). But I will buy other stuff there. Best of both worlds.

haha i would never work for them. nope im just a customer who on many occasions got horrible customer service from them. i know i should be thankful we have so many shops to choose from in mn. i still shop there here or there, but i dont like to. but i do know the messed up thing is that even if i was to buy from my local shop, they get all their discs distro'd from gggt. so whats the point.

Some of you are spoiled by online and trunk of the car pricing. $17 for Gold line Latitude is out of line? MSRP for Gold line is $18.99. $16 TP is outrageous? MSRP for Tournament Plastic is $19.99. Online pricing (which is often without sales tax) always seems to come in below MSRP. Brick and mortar stores, especially ones that don't specialize in golf discs (like PIAS or other box stores), rely on MSRP to set their prices. They do that because a) they likely aren't versed enough in the sport to have any clue otherwise and b) it allows for these shops to sell at a fair market price and make a fair profit on the product as well.

Some of these other pricing stories are likely because the seller is unfamiliar with the product (pricing an Elite X as if it were ESP, for example) or a mistake was made either in labeling (price tag or barcode) or ringing up the product.

Ranger Rick has it right...if you don't like the price at one store, buy your wares at another. But these retailers are entitled to price their goods however they see fit. 99% of the time, it has nothing to do with gouging or trying to rip anyone off.

who honestly pays msrp for anything? besides chumps

As to the comment above me, the prices weren't always that high at gggt. So yes I will complain....and will not buy their gl or their tp. :). But I will buy other stuff there. Best of both worlds.

Inflation's a bitch, isn't it?

Remember when gas was less than a buck a gallon?

Latest posts