• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Konipiste Open

Really? Does she have some Finnish heritage or how does it work?

DM has Grady Shue and Nate Perkins for example. And a slew of up and coming hotshot youngins. We all know not all of them pan out but when they do (like Eagle) it can be pretty phenomenal.

If I was in any way associated with Seppo, I'd claim I had Finnish ancestry. Just Saying.

He's actually been touring the US this year already, expect him to come back after European Champs in mid-August. He lives with his girlfriend in San Diego when he's over there :thmbup:

Metrix is apparently having trouble keeping up with traffic.

He said he'd be back for Worlds, but not before then. He and Vanessa are both so nice. They've come out to join me for some Morley morning rounds. Always good times :)

Vanessa is dating to Seppo Paju. I don't think they're married but I could be wrong.

you're correct.

Going to get some blow back, but let DM keep Simon, I'd love to see Innova pick up Eagle. Eagle could still bag DM as needed since Innova makes their discs. Would like to know what Eagle did to mature his mental game fairly quickly the past couple of years. I saw him a little over a year ago have a few bad holes in Arlington, Tx and he was a bit...vocal. lol...

In the spirit of the movie..."Jaws"......"We're gonna need a bigger course."

If I was in any way associated with Seppo, I'd claim I had Finnish ancestry. Just Saying.

I wish citizenship were that easy haha. I've tried to claim dual citizenship with Finland due to my grandmother being from Finland but seems impossible haha.

Going to get some blow back, but let DM keep Simon, I'd love to see Innova pick up Eagle. Eagle could still bag DM as needed since Innova makes their discs. Would like to know what Eagle did to mature his mental game fairly quickly the past couple of years. I saw him a little over a year ago have a few bad holes in Arlington, Tx and he was a bit...vocal. lol...

In the spirit of the movie..."Jaws"......"We're gonna need a bigger course."

My response was going to be, "or, make the course more technical, like the Vibram (now MVP) Open". But, he is torching that course too. He tied for second last year, two strokes behind Wysocki. I expect he will win it this year.

Looking at the results of the Vibram Open held in August last year, Eagle was rated 1030. Now, he is rated 1042. That is a big jump for one near the top of the standings, placing him just 2 points below McBeth and Wysocki.

I think the issue with the Franz Ferdinand course is a general lack of short obstruction near the baskets. Most of the trouble comes from going too deep on your upshots, which is relatively easy to avoid.

Will this definitely run the same weekend next year (wrapping up July 14)? I talked my wife into going and she's already shopping for flights. :)

The only place it could be listed so early that I know of, is if it were on the Majors list for next year. It isn't, yet.

Will this definitely run the same weekend next year (wrapping up July 14)? I talked my wife into going and she's already shopping for flights. :)
It looks like the event has been annually scheduled for a few years now. However, the European Open is typically the European Major every other year. So Konopiste may not be a major next year.

Eagle dominated this tournament, front to back. I'm just curious how many people out there are considering dying their hair blonde and goin vegan.

Don't you mean "white" ? Not sure what statement he's try...wait....bald eagles have white hair. I get it now. Works for me... :clap:

It looks like the event has been annually scheduled for a few years now. However, the European Open is typically the European Major every other year. So Konopiste may not be a major next year.
Bummer. It will still be great to see the course in person.

Anyone know if they have the course open now in the tournament layout for guests to play?

We've been so spoiled by such a high level of play lately. The par 4's and 5's have been a little easy at both the Franz Ferdinand and the Toboggan courses, but that doesn't change the fact that these guys are out there absolutely torching it. Rick's highly rated -14 at Utah, Paul's -18 at the Great Lakes open, Eagle with back to back -16s at Konopiste, and Simon one putt from a -17 on the same course. Absolutely ridiculous.

I know par is subjective and ultimately doesn't mean that much, but are scores this low compared to par going to become the new norm?
-Sorry for the par talk.

Congrats to Eagle on his first major!
Congrats to Will for his best finish at a major event in recent memory!

That was a great European major, even if Eagle took most of the drama out of it with his first and second rounds.