• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Konipiste Open

This course has some things that remind me of Milo. The trees are great, and I'm okay with the wide, open fairways through said trees, with some decently placed low ceilings along fairways, etc. I think my biggest problem is the greens. Greens this open make it look pretty easy to salvage a par (or even birdie) from just about anywhere.

Also, I like hole 12, that one with the big RHBH anny or RHFH hyzer, leaving a tough approach across water. Looks fun.

Yes. The jokes were not that rampant. Yet, already on hole #2 (i think) of R1 the young local gets a terrible roll into the bush on his drive and still Nate is off on a tangent about something unrelated. Gotta snap out of that reverie faster if something like that happens on screen.

I think BigSexy said that jussi suggested that 4 -10 rounds would win this. It looks like -55 or better is what Eagle is working on. So the thought came to me...Who wins when they are playing to their highest ceiling; paul, eagle or rick? The answer that came to me is, surprisingly....eagle. He seems to be sustaining this level of play, meaning the beast mode level (when he is in beast mode, or birdmode), consistently and over enough time that when I see he is in birdmode I feel confident that there will be no collapse, like its a thing.

In a hypothetical tournament lets say mcbeast is on the loose, birdmode is engaged and raptor rick is present...at peak performance level, who wins?

Well, Paul and Ricky both have higher rated round than Eagle this year, I believe, so it's hard to say Eagle's best is better than their best. But Eagle seems to be staking his claim to being the number 1 golfer in the world though.

In a hypothetical tournament lets say mcbeast is on the loose, birdmode is engaged and raptor rick is present...at peak performance level, who wins?

How do you determine peak performance level? Highest ratings? Highest rated rounds? Track record?

Based on those I would give the edge to McBeast due to a combination of peak rating, higher rated rounds (in various SSA ranges) and that Grand Slam season showing the ability to win consistently on the biggest stages. Ricky and Eagle definitely have the ability to match, but they haven't. Part of the fun is seeing what they (and possibly other up-and-comers) do moving forward.

Here's a question for speculation: which of these will happen first; McBeth 5x, Ricky 4x, or Eagle 1x? (thread drift here)

To relate to the topic: Eagle's performances at this tournament so far and this season are like watching a player take "the leap."

I think SpinTv is doing a good job with the coverage. Bringing in Nate and Jerm for commentary was a great idea. Also, I am glad that at the first 9 holes they started using feet instead of yards on the hole graphics. My only complaint is that the colors look a little dull, not sure if that is an equipment issue or a location issue.

Overall I have enjoyed watching the first two rounds.:thmbup:

Since it wouldn't be DGCR without some "constructive" criticism, I do notice that the camera operators (or possibly settings) are not quite as good at disc tracking and visualization as we've been getting spoiled by lately. Still great, but to me it's more of a positive reflection on recent production (thanks Jomez and CCDG!) than a diss of Spin TV.

For Spin TV, thanks for the coverage! As everyone is saying, this is top notch coverage, and I don't think there's any issue with just doing post-produced vids. Muchas gracias.

I think BigSexy said that jussi suggested that 4 -10 rounds would win this. It looks like -55 or better is what Eagle is working on. So the thought came to me...Who wins when they are playing to their highest ceiling; paul, eagle or rick? The answer that came to me is, surprisingly....eagle. He seems to be sustaining this level of play, meaning the beast mode level (when he is in beast mode, or birdmode), consistently and over enough time that when I see he is in birdmode I feel confident that there will be no collapse, like its a thing.

I'd say McBeast, but Bird Mode (Eagle) is fast catching up...

I agree. I think Eagle has the advantage over Wysocki, Simon and McBeth when they are all playing to their highest ceiling.

For me it comes down to physical tools. While Wysocki and McBeth are no slouches in the backhand distance category, Eagle can throw a bit further with more consistency. He can also get this distance without needing as much flex. He can rip huge distance lines with stand-up hyzers. He doesn't need much turn to get huge distance.

Eagle's forehand is also huge. Probably the longest among the group, even though Wysocki isn't too far behind. Is Eagle's forehand as consistent as Wysocki's? No. However, if we are measuring each player at their peak ceiling, Eagle's is probably the best.

Eagle has a great roller game.

When Eagle's putting is on, he's up there with McBeth and Wysocki.

I don't think Eagle's touch forehand upshot game is as good as Wysocki's.

That said, I think Eagle's distance advantage ultimately wins the day and gives him a higher ceiling when he's firing on all cylinders. I suppose it would depend on the course. But I'd agree with you and put Eagle at the top for the above reasons.

(and that's coming from a pretty devout McBeth fanboy)

It would be a great final round if Eagle hadn't already won. I'm too lazy to check the weather, but unless there's some really bizarre weather there's really only second place.

Will Schusterick -- am I the only one hoping he takes second? (And doesn't take 37th . .. .?)

Can Barsby not be last among the Americans?

Can Eagle shoot the low round every round?

Meh -- none of it's that interesting without a battle at the top. Eagle's earned the victory lap fair and square -- that doesn't make it fun.

Have any pros ever had their contract bought out by another company? I think Kevin Jones was close to leaving Prodiscus this way. with the way Eagles recent performances, his age and his ever growing following - he would be my first target as a company looking to cash in. I.doubt our sport is there yet and DM takes great care of him. But what a year he's having!.

Last edited:

Latest posts