• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kristin Tattar #73986

Lol!
Can't make this stuff up.

*wonders if 1000 is an asymptote for FPO ratings* 🤔

Last edited:
My calculation put her at 998.7 so her player rating did benefit from rounding.

Her finalized official round ratings from EDGC and Worlds had some significant bumps over the preliminary ratings. I believe some equalization of the pools/layouts was done to unify the MPO/FPO ratings for EDGC. 4th round and final round at Worlds look to have been combined for FPO at Fox Run. In total her official round ratings went up +58 points for those 9 rounds over the preliminary ratings. All but 1 of those rounds are double weighted (R4 EDGC dropped, +18 point bump for that round alone) so that bumped her ~1 point in final player rating.

Prelim RatingFinal RatingDiff
EDGC R110031009+6
EDGC R210541055+1
EDGC R3995994-1
EDGC R4892910+18
Worlds R110341035+1
Worlds R2103810380
Worlds R3975976+1
Worlds R49981012+14
Worlds R59861004+18
Total+58

So, you calculate player ratings on your own for funsies?
I started out examining/analyzing my own rating because of a couple hunches that I played better/worse at certain courses and during certain rounds of 2 round/day events. Wasn't too hard to put together a spreadsheet to just punch in my next rounds ahead of a ratings update to see how it affected my overall rating (at least a close approximate). It wasn't a giant step making it generic so I could copy down other players and look at how upcoming tournament rounds might affect their rating.

I started out examining/analyzing my own rating because of a couple hunches that I played better/worse at certain courses and during certain rounds of 2 round/day events. Wasn't too hard to put together a spreadsheet to just punch in my next rounds ahead of a ratings update to see how it affected my overall rating (at least a close approximate). It wasn't a giant step making it generic so I could copy down other players and look at how upcoming tournament rounds might affect their rating.
Any chance you mind sharing your spreadsheet? We can attach them directly to posts now, which is cool.

I'm curious how it compares to mine.

I've basically been using the same spreadsheet since the mid-00s lol. This sheet is from 2008 but is exactly what I still use.

It seems to be sharing it on the screen here, dunno if you can see the cells. I meant to just share the URL to open it in Google Sheets.

Any chance you mind sharing your spreadsheet? We can attach them directly to posts now, which is cool.

I'm curious how it compares to mine.

I've basically been using the same spreadsheet since the mid-00s lol. This sheet is from 2008 but is exactly what I still use.

It seems to be sharing it on the screen here, dunno if you can see the cells. I meant to just share the URL to open it in Google Sheets.

I tried to get it sharable but it doesn't seem to link correctly.

@Steve West - Have you done any analysis of how players shoot relative their ratings when the touring FPO/MPO fields share identical layouts in 2023?

@Steve West - Have you done any analysis of how players shoot relative their ratings when the touring FPO/MPO fields share identical layouts in 2023?
I think the only place they still played the same layouts this year was Vegas for the second round and the finals. FPO ratings were 12 points higher for the second round and 26(!) higher for the finals. Ratings for MPO Rd 2 and Finals are consistent so were probably combined. FPO rounds obviously were not combined. Weather may have differed greatly between the 2, I can't remember. Steve may tell you otherwise. :)

Have we ever had this many high rated FPO players, 16 players at 960 or above..and 6 ov them over 970
Strange to see PP as the 6th highest rated players. . and she still has 3 Discraft players above her!!

999 must be the most annoying rating to have. .IF that is your peak.. . . .i kind of wonder if all those short layups for the tap in win on the last hole cost her anything?

I think the only place they still played the same layouts this year was Vegas for the second round and the finals. FPO ratings were 12 points higher for the second round and 26(!) higher for the finals. Ratings for MPO Rd 2 and Finals are consistent so were probably combined. FPO rounds obviously were not combined. Weather may have differed greatly between the 2, I can't remember. Steve may tell you otherwise. :)
I'll do one after a couple more events.

About Time GIF

Today may have been the best day for Kristin so far this year. Silver proposed! Super happy for the both of them. Wish them all the best.
Since you didn't tell us how she responded, the sick part of my mind wants the response to be: "Ask me again after YOU win four majors in a year."

Since you didn't tell us how she responded, the sick part of my mind wants the response to be: "Ask me again after YOU win four majors in a year."
Silver is better than I ever hope to be, but I don't see him winning any events soon. Sad, but the field is too stacked.