• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kristin Tattar #73986

She really is everything you could want to represent the sport: very likable, gracious in victory and defeat, a tremendous mental game, and a physical game that we all can envy. That she is dominating with so many new and exciting players in the FPO is very impressive.

I forget where (it may have been here), but I saw the comment that Kristen is the 2015 McBeth and that's spot on. She's killing it, but the FPO field (and the MPO for that matter) is pretty much equally matched overall and continuing to push the limits of the game. It's been fun to see a mixed bag of lead cards from both fields.

But if she doesn't play nearly every event, she'll still finish second for POY!! :(

Since losing the Champions Cup on 18 last year, Kristin has beaten Paige in every event except 1 and by a total of 178 throws.

If Paige was finishing in second or at least lead card, that would be more meaningful.

She's been off the mark pretty much since she lost World's to Cat. Not intended to make excuses, but she's not been at the top of her game.

I hope she gets it together and returns to form. It will be much more entertaining to see both playing well.

She's been off the mark pretty much since she lost World's to Cat. Not intended to make excuses, but she's not been at the top of her game.

I'm still convinced that with the movie she was making that year, she was planning to win her 6th then ride off into the sunset.

Kristin is not the single best at any one skill (distance, FH, BH, scramble, approach, putting, etc) but she's very good at all of them, and executes a plan with much more consistency than the rest of the field is able to.

She won 2 majors last year....

True, but she just hasn't been the same. She definitely shows moments of her greatness, but her week to week performance isn't there.

As texmxr said, she's not making lead cards with any consistency.

Last edited:
Speaking of lead cards, hasn't Kristin basically been on nearly every lead card since early last year? I'd love to see the stats on that. Her game is simple and effective and I like watching her approach to attacking differnet courses, so being on coverage is a big plus

Would be fun to know how much bonus Kristin makes for leadcards, top 3 and wins and so on. . IF she has bonuses it must start to rack up. .

And how solid her contract is. . .can she be bought out?

I forget where (it may have been here), but I saw the comment that Kristin is the 2015 McBeth and that's spot on. She's killing it, but the FPO field (and the MPO for that matter) is pretty much equally matched overall and continuing to push the limits of the game. It's been fun to see a mixed bag of lead cards from both fields.

2015 McBeth is a good comparison, but not quite right. In 2015, McBeth was winning his 4th consecutive worlds. Kristen hasn't had that level of success in FPO for anywhere near that long.

You could say that 2015 marked the field narrowing the gap to McBeth. On the FPO side, I think it's more accurate to say that Paige had been the dominant player and Kristen was part of the field that narrowed the gap.

She has since surpassed Paige and created a gap of her own over the field. As someone else pointed out the gap is largely due to next level consistency. She would be in the conversation for the top player in FPO with her throwing and putting skills alone, but it's because she makes a lot less mistakes than her competitors that she's almost always on top nowadays.

^I should have summed up that last bit with:

Skills determine a player's ceiling and consistency determines a player's floor. Kristin has an elite level ceiling and no one has close to as high of a floor.

Skills determine a player's ceiling and consistency determines a player's floor. Kristin has an elite level ceiling and no one has close to as high of a floor.

Couldn't have said it better.

2nd thing is pretty consistent with interviews where she says she tries to focus on her game and executing her game plan, and not so much on what other players are doing. I think that's a key part of how she manages the ups and downs over the course of a 3,4,5 round event.

Screenshot_20230907-131106.png

Last edited:

Latest posts