• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

large ammo pouch bag for you cheapos

This is MBA 501 kids. Raptor did a great job of succinctly describing how real markets work (which is backed by decades of study). Anybody else care to contradict basic business logic or can we get back to discussing the ammo bag?

I would disagree with calling Economics "backed by decades of study" but that is a personal problem. I think that Econ is a psuedo-science at the best of times and random guessing the rest, but the logic on the micro level that Raptor is describing is spot on nonetheless.

If someone can find a product that is at least as good as the "brand" product for their needs for less half the cost, there is literally no reason why they should not buy it instead.

I thought that was how capitalism worked. If there are other options that you are willing to use that are less expensive, why on Earth would you choose the more costly version? Unless you're seriously loyal to a brand or you want other people to see how much money you spent on it, it would be foolish.

As people find more bags that are inexpensive and still suited for their needs, the "real" DG bag makers will have a couple options to keep relevant: 1) lower prices, 2) make an even better product that justifies the higher price, 3) get the infrastructure to mass-produce the bags [I think this has been covered in-depth in a recent thread], or a combination of the 3.

If everyone were "loyal to DG companies", they could charge whatever they wanted because they know everyone would buy them.

This guy gets it.

Well done Raptor. Looks like somebody stayed awake in their Economics and Business 101 classes. :)

I've been using a Camel Pack kinda bag for many years now and the second one is starting to wear out. I'm starting to look at my options and the big factor for me in a new bag is price, then size(I only use about 6-7 disc) so thanks for posting another cheap/small bag option. The quailty on the bag looks good as well. Let us know how it does once you get it.

Wow...economics eh? I guess the 2 fade tourneys, 1 crunch, 1 Phenix streamline, 1 Innova deluxe is not supporting the sport.

What a bastard I am!!

Here is the devil bag with 6 discs, ready for a trip which is exactly what I bought it for...parish the thought!!

attachment.php

As far as inferior, this thing kicks the ass off of an Innova starter bag which is almost twice the price.

Sommayousguys :doh:

Attachments

• DSC07697.JPG
    DSC07697.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 282
Wow...economics eh? I guess the 2 fade tourneys, 1 crunch, 1 Phenix streamline, 1 Innova deluxe is not supporting the sport.

What a bastard I am!!

Here is the devil bag with 6 discs, ready for a trip which is exactly what I bought it for...parish the thought!!

attachment.php

As far as inferior, this thing kicks the ass off of an Innova starter bag which is almost twice the price.

Sommayousguys :doh:
You are stealing the food out of DG bag makers' childrens' mouths!

Hey guys! I'm selling these REAL disc golf bags for only $44.95.

attachment.php

Attachments

• dg bag.PNG
    dg bag.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 224
If it isn't a real disc golf bag, it will turn your discs to a runny pile of plastic.
I really like the look of this bag, as well as the spiderwire bag.

Back in The Day,,in the early 80s there realy was not any where you could by a GD bag. The game was still little known. If you want to use a bag , you made one from things around you. I was in the Service and had this bag to use. The strap was gone ,so I sewed a strap and a bandana for padding.
I used this bag for 20 plus years. and still use it from time to time.
001-23.jpg

Thanks for turning dgcoursereview.com into slickdeals.com.

In for one, and if I don't like it, I'll give it to another, and use my ace race bag.

Hmmm...I currently use an insulated lunch bag that I found at the studium, clipped the shoulder strap from my ripped gym bag on, and and tied a strip of t-shirt to(for a disc towel). It cost me precisely $0.00, and holds 6 discs, my spectating glasses, a mini, and 1 16oz. water bottle(full).
As for officially sanctioned disc golf bags and the people who use them, good for you. I wish I had such a small and focused life so as to spend $20+ on a minor accessory to a pseudo-sport I play as one of my many hobbies. No offense to those who think they are professionals and take it all way too seriously.

Thanks for the ad/suggestion/review of a reasonably priced, non-glamorous, functional bag for discs. Maybe the DG companies will take a hint, but what do we know; we're just the dumb consumers.

Last edited: