• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

large ammo pouch bag for you cheapos

The strap is lame but with 6 discs it doesn't make your tits heavy.

I plan on doing some mods, velcro for the top to get rid of the awkward strappy deal, drink holder, and maybe an extra pouch on the other side. I also plan on cutting the strap and sewing it back on itself as a ring so a strap from one of our Fade bags will fit up.

The strap is lame but with 6 discs it doesn't make your tits heavy.

I plan on doing some mods, velcro for the top to get rid of the awkward strappy deal, drink holder, and maybe an extra pouch on the other side. I also plan on cutting the strap and sewing it back on itself as a ring so a strap from one of our Fade bags will fit up.

totally off topic but i just bought two raffles good luck and pull my name!

I am currently making my second bag and find that they are good conversation starters. Of course there are some who look down their noses at me but oh well. The one I am working on now is scavenged from an old messager type brief case and will be similar to the one sold as the "scrotum bag" for a LOT more than the zero dollars I have in this one! Who knows- maybe I will innovate something!

i was under the impression you throw the discs, not the bag, so what's it matter what kind of bag you use? Carry an freakin' plastic shopping bag for that matter. Although the bag in question is definitely much cooler than that. Haters are more of a detriment to growing the sport than intelligent consumers.

I hope it works out for you, billnchristy, and will be interested to hear.

It is more of a public service than anything, I use a fade tourney. I do travel a bit and it will be nice to not look like an ace lugging around a large bag on a 1700' nine holer that I happen to come by.

I am currently making my second bag and find that they are good conversation starters. Of course there are some who look down their noses at me but oh well. The one I am working on now is scavenged from an old messager type brief case and will be similar to the one sold as the "scrotum bag" for a LOT more than the zero dollars I have in this one! Who knows- maybe I will innovate something!

nutsack006.jpg

I liked the look of a Nut Sack but way to expensive. Made my own out of old reusable shopping bag and the single strap you get with every DG bag, Nothing fancy and I can keep it on when I throw.

very cool idea. When I go caving I use an old army gas mask bag instead of a super expensive caving bag, they work the same. actually I bet my gas mask bag would hold a few discs for a quick round! (I'll have to check it out)
This is a great idea, and for those that think we are putting DG bag makes out of business, they should make better quality, lower price bags. People like cheap, it's why WalMart is so big.
I own a couple of Innova bags, it's not like the army has got a large bag that will hold 15-20 discs, this is just a cheap alternative to a small bag. I'm sure its durable too, the army doesn't make a lot of things that won't take some abuse.

He means helping the advancement of the sport, if everyone starts carrying around ammo bags that will further distance disc golf from being considered a viable sport,
We are a viable sport. Our ranks are growing at around 15% a year. Who cares what people outside our sport think?

you don't see golfers carrying clubs in fold out chair cases.
I don't see them playing 85% of their available courses for free either. A lot of folks get into disc golf for being something that ball golf isn't. Inexpensive and unpretentious. Can't blame some folks if they want a disc bag that matches.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
I can, but I won't since I'm not in the market for a bag. For people who are, this is a viable suggestion.

Support disc golf companies.
Get a product that meets your needs and your budget. As a customer, its the manufacturers duty to produce a product that meets your specifications, not the other way around.

I love the fact that this bag has put 100 grit in so many people's panties. I might just buy their stock out, get a patch and sell these as DG bags just for you guys.

I love the fact that this bag has put 100 grit in so many people's panties. I might just buy their stock out, get a patch and sell these as DG bags just for you guys.
If you do I will sue the pants off you.

Don't get any wild ideas, Christi. ;)

Wow...economics eh? I guess the 2 fade tourneys, 1 crunch, 1 Phenix streamline, 1 Innova deluxe is not supporting the sport.

What a bastard I am!!

Here is the devil bag with 6 discs, ready for a trip which is exactly what I bought it for...parish the thought!!

attachment.php

As far as inferior, this thing kicks the ass off of an Innova starter bag which is almost twice the price.

Sommayousguys :doh:

Thanks for showing a pic. How crammed in are those discs? Got a shot from the top?

Also, I love your floors!

8796.jpg

I used this bag for about a year before I got an Innova Deluxe bag. I took the canvas divider out in the middle and made a drink holder on the one side. Holds about 8 discs. I'll post a picture of my handy work when I get it out of the trunk.

Thanks for showing a pic. How crammed in are those discs? Got a shot from the top?

Also, I love your floors!

Thanks, its the Ikea laminate. Not really crammed, if you put more drivers in and less mids/putters you could probably move up to 7 discs. We are going to get some material to do the drink holder and whatnot soon so I will be taking more pics then.

8796.jpg

I turned that ($10) into this...

DGbag.jpg

I used material from inside to form the bottle holder. Used elastic and a clamp so you can keep the opening tight for smaller bottles. Also got a wider shoulder strap ($4) from Army surplus.

DGbag2.jpg

It holds 8 discs, 9 is pretty tight, unless you only carry 1 putter.

Latest posts