• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

large ammo pouch bag for you cheapos

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
fx4232.jpg

$8.44 with free shipping. I ordered 2 just to check out, Christy says they hold 6 discs.

http://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/products_details.asp?SKU=fx4232&catid=1140&ItemName=Ammo Utility Shoulder Bag (Large)- Olive Drab

nutsac that!

Sweet, now I can carry 4 discs and a couple AK mags!!! :D

Seriously though, thats a nice looking utility bag for less than $10, would like to hear about it's quality.

Yeah when I get home I plan on packing one up and using it for a bit.

No water holder which sucks but I figured this would be my short course bag so its less of a big deal.

just fill up an AK mag with water

...you do have some AK mags laying around, right?

Yeah when I get home I plan on packing one up and using it for a bit.

No water holder which sucks but I figured this would be my short course bag so its less of a big deal.

Just stitch this to the side of the bag and your golden, or should I say olive drab?

BG217.jpg

Just ordered one. I'm planning on using mine for traveling. It's not the easiest task to fit a weeks worth of clothes, suits, shoes, etc. into a carry on, let alone squeeze in a Crunch Box. I figure this should take up much less space. The drink holder doesn't really concern me so much because I doubt I'm going to be flying out my Klean Kanteens. I'll just *shudders* buy bottled water at my destination and take that with me on the course.

Thanks for posting this bnc!

This is a nice little bag, would be excellent for traveling as it would fit under the seat of my truck, unlike the bag i currently have.

I'd rather spend a couple more dollars and get something designed for what we do like the ching bag that looks like a ball or the fade lite.

What is it with this site and trying to find bags that are intended for other sports/equipment and forcing them to be disc golf bags. If your looking for a small bag at a cheap price look to the spider monkey by gorilla boy, the revolution mini bag, or voodoo's new small bag. This is extremely counterproductive in the sense that bag sales are going down due to threads like these being started, people make disc golf bags for disc golf, they make fishing tackle bags for fishing tackle, and they make bags to hold ammo clips for people who want to carry ammo clips. These bags for other purposes have no water bottle holders, no putter pockets, and no dividers or proper support systems, why choose them over a bag make specifically for the sport that you are using it to play?

/rant

What is it with this site and trying to find bags that are intended for other sports/equipment and forcing them to be disc golf bags. If your looking for a small bag at a cheap price look to the spider monkey by gorilla boy, the revolution mini bag, or voodoo's new small bag. This is extremely counterproductive in the sense that bag sales are going down due to threads like these being started, people make disc golf bags for disc golf, they make fishing tackle bags for fishing tackle, and they make bags to hold ammo clips for people who want to carry ammo clips. These bags for other purposes have no water bottle holders, no putter pockets, and no dividers or proper support systems, why choose them over a bag make specifically for the sport that you are using it to play?

/rant

Looks like somebody has never heard of Porter's competitive forces model.

Buying an inferior product than what is available to us isn't really helping much. What do you want the bag producers to do, make a ****tier bag with no features?

By disc golfers buying low cost durable bags such as these, this forces DG bag manufacturers to make a better, more durable product. In my opinion, these kinds of things only improve disc golf.

If, say, Innova was the only manufacturer of discs there would really be no pressure for them to make a better product. However, with other big manufacturers such as discraft and many small companies, this cause innova to constantly test and manufacture new and different types of discs.

Buying an inferior product than what is available to us isn't really helping much. What do you want the bag producers to do, make a ****tier bag with no features?

Helping who much and inferior how? This army bag will likely meet my needs with all its existing features at a cost much lower than the Ching and Fade Lite bags. So it helps just fine and if you'd deign to come down from your pedestal you might realize this yourself.

He means helping the advancement of the sport, if everyone starts carrying around ammo bags that will further distance disc golf from being considered a viable sport, you don't see golfers carrying clubs in fold out chair cases. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Support disc golf companies.

I thought that was how capitalism worked. If there are other options that you are willing to use that are less expensive, why on Earth would you choose the more costly version? Unless you're seriously loyal to a brand or you want other people to see how much money you spent on it, it would be foolish.

As people find more bags that are inexpensive and still suited for their needs, the "real" DG bag makers will have a couple options to keep relevant: 1) lower prices, 2) make an even better product that justifies the higher price, 3) get the infrastructure to mass-produce the bags [I think this has been covered in-depth in a recent thread], or a combination of the 3.

If everyone were "loyal to DG companies", they could charge whatever they wanted because they know everyone would buy them.