• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Las Vegas - Playing from the strip.

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
If I were attending a show (with no car) what would be a good course to play one evening in September? (I might be able to come in on sunday too...)

Are any of these courses easy to get to from the strip, by taxi?

What are your suggestions for industry show visitors?

Sunset is right by the airport so it's an easy cab ride from the strip, it's also the best of a bad lot in the Vegas area.

TOD does have a point. If I lived in a disc golf hotbed, playing disc golf in Las Vegas would only be practical to say that I did it, and mark a new course played. I wouldn't want to risk the airlines losing my DG bag just to make it happen. I mean, its Vegas. Its not like there aren't other things to do there.

Nonetheless, if I was going to proceed anyways, I'd probably play Sunset.

TOD does have a point. If I lived in a disc golf hotbed, playing disc golf in Las Vegas would only be practical to say that I did it, and mark a new course played. I wouldn't want to risk the airlines losing my DG bag just to make it happen. I mean, its Vegas. Its not like there aren't other things to do there.

Nonetheless, if I was going to proceed anyways, I'd probably play Sunset.

New state, new courses. I'm not a DG snob, I'll play anywhere (that is safe) that has baskets. Nevada will be a good state to get. Along with TX, NE, WY this summer.

I NEVER check my discs. Are you crazy? You get 2 carry on's anyways. I can make 45 discs and all the clothes I need fit in my Disc Carrier and gym bag.

Been to vegas, don't care about the other stuff, too much glitz and glitter and lights for me. Would rather a crappy DG course than dodging the card flippers all day.

sunset is it. hyzer, hyzer, hyzer...

i used to go to vegas for their tourney each year... eventually i kept going to vegas but stopped playing the tourney...

Man, I can't wait until September :) I'll start learning a Hyzer now. All I throw now is anny with an Ape.

Should I match my bag to the course?

Groove, Wahoo, Hydra, Oval overweight D1?

I just played there a couple weeks ago and it's actually mostly anny holes. My left handed buddy was loving it.

I took a cab from the strip and played Sunset and had a great time. The cabby did say, "Sunset? are you sure?" But he new nothing of disc golf and I introduced him to the sport. Any new course in a new area and Im like a kid in a candy store. Ive lived near Charlotte, in ATL and now Nashville so Ive seen many courses. I sure didnt leave thinking man this course sucks. I met another golfer doing the same thing and he offered me a ride back to the strip with his rental car. Bring water, only so much shade out there. There is a gas station in walking distance across the street. Have fun! and I'm a Lefty!

I second the Lee Canyon course. Need to catch a ride to the mountain tho. If I'm free I'll take you up there. Hit me up in September. The lift only runs on the weekends. What show are yiu visiting?

Sunset just put in tee signs, so navigation won't be as bad as you'll probably read in the reviews. There are 24 holes, all with concrete pads. The course won't blow you away, but it will hold your attention. I played tonight after work.

I don't think Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard will be open (it's an hour away on Mt Charleston, at 8000 feet) at that point, but if it is, it's far and away the best course in the area. It will be 30 degrees cooler there than in Vegas.

Look into renting a car, it could be cheaper than a roundtrip cab, and it would allow you to play other courses if you have the time. Mountain Crest is enjoyable as well.

Vegas does sick for disc golf and especially if you ate a snob. I enjoy the game regardless so I still go play. Holler ill pick you up if I can

The ski resort should still be open, but thats pushing on what date you come to vegas. Sunset is still a good and classic park to play. It's open, but still good to play. Summers will be warm and in the low 100s/90s in september. Vegas may seem like a desolate dg city, but you will be quite surprised. We have a strong community here and are going quite strong. I say come out, play, and possibly meet up/play with us locals here.

That actually depends on the airline. Many limit you to one now.

Now that's crazy.

3-4 in each side pocket, 3 in putter pocket, 22 wide in main bag, 1 behind the 22 1 in front, and 2 stacks of 3 stacked on top. Then some in my clothing bag.
I didn't go to Am Nats with that many but left with 15 additional discs and 3 polos. With all that, was missing an overstable driver. The only crap Avery destroyer I own out of 60 star destroyers...new, turned over so easy on all those down hill holes. This year, its a new Eagle-X

Just have to wear a jacket, pants, and sweatshirt onto the plane. The bulky stuff, so you dont have to pack it.